Sponsored

Comp Orange Shelby Build - Frankenstang

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
Just imagine with dialed-in VCT and either E-85 or a small meth nozzle. Could be pushing closer to 600. That car will be a monster!

I'm interested in the shift in peak power to the right. Stock dynos show peak somewhere between 7200 and 7500, but this seems to keep pulling through that range. Was the most recent 524 hp run still 91-oct and shut down before 8k? Maybe there's no "need" for a better intake mani. Let's see a limiter run!
J-zz-In-My-Pants-Caps-the-lonely-island-4133356-850-475.jpg

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for not having updates. I've been in Germany on business.

These will not be one off components. They will be commercially available as soon as testing is done. PM me if your interested.
Work for Bosch by chance?

OP
OP
11secls1

11secls1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.axxis-corp.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Work for Bosch by chance?
Hahaha, that would be fun!

I own a couple of business, one of which has offices in Germany....and it’s the beer is good.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I just did some math, that 180 HP at 3360 RPM is yielding 310 lb ft on an educated guessed Dyno Jet. That's actually healthy and gets rid of that weird 3000 RPM torque dip. I bet porting the heads SMOOTHENED out the torque curve and made it flatter across the entire run even though peak torque is down or about the same (again, on an assumed Dyno Jet). Point being, there's more torque everywhere. Again...just guessing but based on that power graph, I think I'm right. :D :headbonk:

Sponsored
OP
OP
11secls1

11secls1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.axxis-corp.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10

Well, I returned the car to relatively stock and traded it in on an new 2018 Raptor.

I am building a new RVW car and wanted to focus on that.

I still have the 2018 A10 Mustang and it is currently getting a Whipple.

Cheers:cheers:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Well, I returned the car to relatively stock and traded it in on an new 2018 Raptor.

I am building a new RVW car and wanted to focus on that.

I still have the 2018 A10 Mustang and it is currently getting a Whipple.

Cheers:cheers:
What?! :(

A_Bau3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Damn, is Frankenstein Engine Dynamics still gonna build the heads, cams, and Intake Manifold for 350’s???

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I got some information from FE Dynamics. On their flow bench their running crazy intake numbers, 392 CFM on a Flowbench 600. Typical gains are about 30 RWHP with a good tune on their hub dyno so you can expect a notch more on a Dynojet. There is almost no lost of low end but instead of the pronounced sharp upshot in torque around 3500 RPM it comes in a little more gradually. Peak power comes in around 7500 RPM again on a mainly stock engine.

I was quoted $1425 for a CNC mill, check over, and flow test if I supplied heads and to reuse the factory valves and springs. I actually thought that wasn't too bad, I was expecting like $2000 or more. I haven't decided if I'm going to do this or not yet but my car does go into storage in the winter. Where I'm really struggling though is that I really think you should pair this up with cams though. Where you may get 30 RWHP from the heads and a set of cams without heads (hypothetically) could net you another 20 RWHP with a small loss of low end, I feel like both would net you no loss of low end and complement each other for compounding gains of more than 50 RWHP at peak.

EDIT: at this time FED does not have any plans to grind cams. They are currently developing a billet intake manifold which is being focused on forced induction applications.

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
EDIT: at this time FED does not have any plans to grind cams. They are currently developing a billet intake manifold which is being focused on forced induction applications.
Any other info on the intake manifold, like fitment with stock hood/motor mounts? It would be cool if they did a plastic version for those who want some more flow and RPM but not wanting to push 40+psi of boost. Plus the lower cost would help sell more.

Plazmaman in Australia has a really good looking billet manifold. But it's very expensive $4k AUD.

The GT350 crowd needs some NA options other than an e85 tune and headers.
Sponsored