Sponsored

Project "Anna"

Dillon Whitis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
What size are the spacers did you put on and where did you get them from? I want to do the same to mine instead of spending a stupid amount of money on new wheels even though I don't like the idea of spacers.
Sponsored

DoCtA.FlAkE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium in DIB w/ PP and Premier Trim
Awesome Stang. Vinyl roof is one of the first visual mods I'm doing.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Very nice build! Tasteful and with t
A theme so keep it up! Congrats on your "Anna"

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
What size are the spacers did you put on and where did you get them from? I want to do the same to mine instead of spending a stupid amount of money on new wheels even though I don't like the idea of spacers.
Sorry for such a delayed response! I have been slammed here at work and have had no time to get on here or even work on the car :(

I ended up going with black (to make them less apparent) H&R spacers- 25mm front and 20mm rear. However that is probably going to change. I am putting the rear wheels on the front and sending the fronts out to be widened to 19x11. Eventually I will get new wheels, but for now I want something different and "modest". Plan is to run 275 on the front and 315 on the rear with stock wheels.

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Also wanted to give a quick update.
As mentioned the wheels are going to be widened (rear 19x9.5 on the fronts, and the fronts widened to 19x11 for the back). This should handle the Whipple better on the track. I'm still holding out for the Corsa system, but now I'm starting to think I may want to just make a custom exhaust with electric cut-outs for a side exhaust. Time will tell. Badges are going to go on tonight and hopefully the Redline struts, too. Badges are painted UA black with Oxford white decimals and the cleared 2x.
5.0.jpg

Sponsored

89Trooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Besides "very carefully", how is that vinyl cut when it's being trimmed to the area you want?

And my follow-up question will most likely be, how do you not cut into the paint?

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Trooper,
I was actually really nervous about this since there was nothing pre-cut for the car. What they did was lay tape lines down on the car and build it up so when they cut, it doesn't cut into the paint. Pretty much the same way I did flames or graphics back when I use to paint. They've done vehicles for me in the past and they have always been great.

Dillon Whitis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Sorry for such a delayed response! I have been slammed here at work and have had no time to get on here or even work on the car :(

I ended up going with black (to make them less apparent) H&R spacers- 25mm front and 20mm rear. However that is probably going to change. I am putting the rear wheels on the front and sending the fronts out to be widened to 19x11. Eventually I will get new wheels, but for now I want something different and "modest". Plan is to run 275 on the front and 315 on the rear with stock wheels.
I've never honestly seen someone widen the wheels, but I can't wait to see what it looks like!

The 20mm rear doesn't rub the fender lip at all? It seems like to get it flush with no possibility of rubbing on hard cornering you'd need a 14mm. Could you get pictures of it closer / from the back?

Thanks for the response!

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
The 20mm pushed the wheel passed the quarter a little and it was a rub issue. I honestly took a shot in the dark when I ordered them- I missed. I'm going to remeasure once all of the widening is done and get an exact number. If I need to have something custom made, then I'll go that route. I'm also waiting for coil overs. Pretty much the only way I see having the car sit the way I want it to for shows while being able to raise for track days/actual driving.

Unfortunately I can't get any pictures- I have the wheels off waiting for me to dismount the tires and send out for widening. Trying to them out this week. I will certainly keep you guys posted on how everything goes for the widening. I still need to test fit the rears on the front to make sure everything clears. Once I get the Termi finished, I'll have a lot more time for this one.

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Figured I'd post a quick update. I have been speaking with James at WeldCraft Wheels and he has been very helpful. I will be sending them my wheels for widening this week. Just need to get the tires off. Should be about a 3 week turn-around time, which is fine- I have plenty of other things I can do on the car during that time.

New badges are on as well. I'm happy with them, but now debating on whether or not to keep going with this and black out the chrome in the grille and around the tails, or just leave those as a slight accent. Hmm :shrug:
IMAG0661.jpg
IMAG0670_1_1_1.jpg

Sponsored

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
How much does it cost to widen the front wheels?
Also have you test fitted the rear wheels on the front?

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
I was quoted $245 a wheel to bring it out from 9" to 11". I haven't put the rears on the front yet to check clearance, although I can't really see it being an issue. Still, I need to before I send the fronts out.
All my jack-stands are in use; maybe I'll run out later today and get another set so I can make sure.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Yea better check I think I read that the offset is wrong to fit over the brakes.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Id be interested in doing the same thing if it works out for you.

dastefster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hey Love the vinyl on the heat extractors! I did mine in plastidip for now, just to make sure I liked the look before I spent money on a more permanent solution.

I've been thinking about getting a clear bra put on for my build (http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16016) but there are so many companies out there. Which did you use and do you recommend it? If you don't mind me asking how much did it cost for the install?
Sponsored