Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
Subbing due to attention to details in the build and "unlike anything I've seen" factors.
This build has so much win factor. Custom touches the whole way. Love it!
Appreciate that! My goal has always been to do something different, but with a well thought-out theme. Nice to hear I'm still on that path

I'd hate him too, if the pony wasn't so Frickin Aweinspiring! I am stealing most of his Ideas! Thank's man for the views! I am still trying to build Coyote Red.
Hahahaha! Looking forward to seeing your build come together

Someone is slacking, you haven't swapped out the gauge cluster yet. :ninja: :lol:
Will that be after the vacation??? :thumbsup:
:lol:
Digital dash is still on the list... just on the back burner for a bit. Still have a T56 and headers to do
Sponsored

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Few more little details knocked out over the course of the last week...
The 3P controller is finally off my windshield, and in a much better spot. Fat Fab's mount bolts right into the existing holes under the coin tray and puts that spot to good use.

i-t8HSTGB-X2.jpg

i-H3NvRHv-X2.jpg

i-KPz76Rh-X2.jpg

Also got my white pony sticker and carbon overlay on the pass. side of the dash. That's the final piece of carbon as I don't want to get carried away. Think this helps bring a little balance between the driver's side and passenger side of the dash, though.

i-8dCf59t-X2.jpg

And, finally got around to eliminating that awful yellow from my engine bay. The hood latch and dipstick are now black :)

i-N9HhBFX-X3.jpg

i-z9rwhNX-X3.jpg

Now I just need to get the thing outside and wash it... All of this work over the course of the winter has left a mess. Car looks like a bomb went off

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Finally got the chance to get the car out, do some dataloging and take some pics. Honestly feels like it's been forever since I've had the car out. Managed to get some pictures, though :)

i-WTR3FSG-X3.jpg

i-SbpLXzd-X3.jpg

i-rxhDPnB-X3.jpg

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
:love::love:

Sponsored

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Quarter windows are finally in. This is definitely not a project for the faint of heart. Obviously the rear section of interior needs to come out so you can gain access to the window. Just used hand tools to remove the window- feel like you have more control with a hand tool over power to make sure you don't scratch the hell out of the pinch weld. Side note- a second pair of hands does make getting the glass out a lot easier.

i-w8CggBK-X3.jpg

i-NKcsw2S-X3.jpg

After cleaning everything up and prepping the LE windows, it was time to get them in. Removing and replacing the glass isn't hard, but it does get a bit complicated when you factor in the LE's chrome trim, my lack there of and my dislike of chrome haha. So, while I was prepping the glass and tinting it (lot easer to tint them outside of the car on the dining room table), I also de-chromed them. However, this meant that the window would need some sort of trim work to match.

Mitchell suggests Betaseal Express for the job, which has a drive time of 1 hour. However, there's tons of urethanes and some of them are air bag safe in half that time. Once everything is prepped and ready to go, lay down your urethane, press in the windows and viola, it's starting to look like a car again.

i-9fFWcCF.jpg

And what they look like in the car, trim-less

i-fGJrs3C-X3.jpg

From this point, I decided to get the interior back in, then tackle the trim. Since I no longer needed my OE windows, they were the perfect donors for the trim.

i-rPjphWM-X3.jpg

The rubber moulding does not just line up on the LE glass. It took some test fitting and modifying to get it there. However, once it's fitted it does look pretty good. Overall I'm pretty happy with the end result. The trim fits tight against the inner seal on the window- I'm going to mess around with it a bit more though and make it all "one piece", for an even cleaner appearance. It essentially matches the door's 2 piece belt trim.

i-Rpsc8H5-X3.jpg

And, the fruit of my labor...

i-4f7Ft5k-X3.jpg

i-pHHhTcZ-X3.jpg

i-4D2Fb7R-X3.jpg

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Looking good sir. It never ends.....

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Do you have any other photos of the harness routing on passenger side. I'm in middle of install and the three examples I've seen all have different routing for the battery cables
I can get some more pictures for you, sure.
Ended up going out and buying new battery cables as the ones that came in the kit are just too short. Basically routed the longer cables along the wiring harness in its new spot and then up into the battery tray area via a hole I drilled. Kept everything cleaner.

i-ZmTRNN2-X3.jpg

Sponsored

zx2reme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
Cool, I was wondering. I noticed they were short too. How did you route the original battery cables to where the bumper brace/support is? Also, did you do anything special where the harness passes through the firewall? Once I mount the fusebox to the bracket, the cable isnt long enough slack wise to insert the boot into the firewall opening. Its almost an inch to two inches short. Thanks for the assist.

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Cool, I was wondering. I noticed they were short too. How did you route the original battery cables to where the bumper brace/support is? Also, did you do anything special where the harness passes through the firewall? Once I mount the fusebox to the bracket, the cable isnt long enough slack wise to insert the boot into the firewall opening. Its almost an inch to two inches short. Thanks for the assist.
I just ran the cables along the harness behind the strut and everything then to the remote positive terminal that they show going into the core support and the negative into the bumper bar bolt. For the harness itself I cut the tape that is wrapped around the rubber boot so I could pull it out a bit further and get it back into place. Then I just re-taped it. If you're running a wide tire make sure you tuck things tightly. Took me a lot of trial and error to get it all to clear the front tire on full lock.

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Well, I finally found some motivation and got the headers in. Was hoping to run the manifolds a little longer so I could pass MA inspection, but I blew them up lol. Hoping defoulers will help me enough to still pass. While I was in there I decided to upgrade the motor mounts with something a bit more sturdy. Swapped out the appropriate bushing inserts for the stiffer black ones. Curious to see how the car feels with the new mounts and if there's a noticeable increase in NVH (not that I really mind). Also have some other things coming for the car...

i-tXbDmWj-X3.jpg

i-CQLp26B-X3.jpg

i-gpsRdxX-X3.jpg

Brief sound clip too. Didn't run it too long as it's pretty rich and the tune still needs to be dialed back in.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Sounds....LOUD! :devil: Let me know how those motor mounts are. Who's are they, too? And also, time to replace that license plate. :bandit:

OP
OP
Terminated

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Sounds....LOUD! :devil: Let me know how those motor mounts are. Who's are they, too? And also, time to replace that license plate. :bandit:
It's definitely loud. 7500 RPM is ridiculous. Mounts are Steeda's, with the harder poly bushings installs. They definitely add NVH. However if you go with the standard bushings, it would probably be better. And UPR sells the same exact things for a good amount less...
Sponsored