OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Long overdue update:

Went to Thunderhill in Willows CA (about an hour from my house) on the 3rd. Had a great time, car performed excellent but created some wants...of course! Being in Group A Novice I was one of the faster cars, including quicker around the track than my father-in-law's Challenger Hellcat...much to his surprise and disappointment! I could simple hold a lot higher corner speed but still had enough power that the hellcat could not get enough distance on me on the straights to get away, therefore forcing him to give me point-bys! Anyway as I said, car did great, made a few rebound adjustments through the day, but suspension is mostly dialed, could use a little more camber on the front end (probably another degree or so) so back to the alignment shop...thank god I have the camber plates making for an easy adjustment. This rolls into the wants...brakes, more rubber and better seats. The PP brakes did do well, slight fade toward the end of the day, I am sure a set of rotors, better pads, and SS lines with good fluid is really all I need but that's a good 1-1500, and for 3700 I can just go for the full 350R setup, which is what I think I am going to do. Next wheels P6GR 19X10F, 19X11R with 275-295F, 305R should give the grip I am looking for. Last seats, the cloth ford seats have been fine/great up to going to the track, now they suck! I road passenger with the instructor for a few laps and was sliding all over the place, so I am looking at some GT Recaro take outs or possibly some GT350 take outs. After seats I am seriously considering a Watson roll bar, rear seat delete and harnesses. In other words the track has made me want to take the car in a more track focused direction. This car isn't a DD, never has been, never will be, so a full track setup for me is doable.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Having thought more and more about my track day and just how well the car did...relative to my low skill level on the track, I think I am going to hold off on the above mentioned things and focus on smaller improvements until my still level demands things like big brakes and more rubber. So my next round of mods will be the following:

Steeda front control arms (lateral and tension links with bearings) - this should tighten down the front end just a little more and give just a little more turn in (its already very good)

Steeda slotted front and rear brake kit including stainless braided lines & stoptech pads with some high temp - low compression fluid - Brakes were very strong all day, only slight fade on the last 25m session, this should fix that.

Looking at Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my stock PP wheels, considering trying a 265/40 up front (unless someone says I shouldn't) and sticking with a 275/40 rear.

Also looking at alignment and thinking about trying out -2 camber front and rear (right now its at about -1.5 all around) any concerns with that? This isn't a DD.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Steeda 2 piece rotor set ordered

Will order SS lines and pads soon

Have also decided to finally do sway bars, end-links and billet mounts, also ordering soon

Wheels (SVE R350 19X10) and tires at the end of summer

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Mechanic has been out of town since April and not returning till October, so the parts pile in the garage is adding up again much like last year though on a smaller scale.

Took advantage of the 4th sale, Ordered:
Steeda Brake Lines
Steeda Sway Bars with end links
Steeda Billet Sway Bar Mounts with the delrin bushings

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Mechanic has been out of town since April and not returning till October, so the parts pile in the garage is adding up again much like last year though on a smaller scale.

Took advantage of the 4th sale, Ordered:
Steeda Brake Lines
Steeda Sway Bars with end links
Steeda Billet Sway Bar Mounts with the delrin bushings
Nice!

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Still need:

Pads for all 4 corners

Clutch line and I suppose I should just do the master cylinder supply line

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Look forward to hearing about the new Steeda parts & continuing the build!

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Look forward to hearing about the new Steeda parts & continuing the build!
IDK how much continuing there will be, after these last few batches of parts are on the car, there is nothing more you folks make which I do not already have. In other words, your entire parts catalog will be on the car...what next. Wheels/tires sure but beyond that ill have to look to other manufactures.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We'll see whats in the pipeline :)

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Things id like to see Steeda tackle:

Extreme G-Trac Brace with integrated transmission cooler scoop since you cant run the FP unit inconjunction with the Steeda Brace.

Diff Cooling - a replacement diff cover with fins/heat sinks for a little added air cooling and add-on option could be some sort of scoop or ducting kit. Most of us mild track guys dont need the FTB cooler setup, just a little extra airflow.

OP
OP
SJulian10mm

SJulian10mm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangless
Velossa Big Mouth on the way

Also considering an Auto-Blip since my heal-toe skills are non-existent
Sponsored