2017 GT350

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
But will our cables work on the XS Power D4700? The pictures of it looks like it takes the type of cables that bolt on.
Yep, what he said. :cheers:

I have a D4700 in my car. It's been below freezing here and my car starts up without a millisecond delay after sitting for a week. I know that's not long, but I have no question it could go longer. And I even have a dashcam that records while the car is parked. It held voltage while sitting unused for a few months before I installed it also.

I've owned several XS Batteries and they are excellent. One of my batteries from them in the past tested at ~400CCA over what they rated it at when it was 1+ years old. They're designed for super high current output in small bursts for sound systems. Starting a car is very similar.

Last edited:
OP
OP

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Thanks fellas that is what I'll do. Not what if but I see ah1395 has it in a Mustang GT. Can it be verified that it will fit in the Shelby GT350 box with cover without any modifications to the battery box.

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Is there enough room in the spare tire well to install a battery and hold-down hardware? If there was a shorter but wider and longer battery with higher CCAs, that would be an ideal location to move to the trunk.

OP
OP

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice idea MAV but even if there was room my car is leased for 5 years plus I wouldn't want to go through all that even if it would fit. Just hoping theirs a much higher CCA battery out there that will fit right inside our battery box with cover attached. In the mean time in winter I have Battery Tender hard wire attached to battery. And its not much effort to unplug it when I want to drive car other wise I just leave it plugged in.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Funny. You guys are looking for more CCA which is much heavier and I want lighter weight. I'm gonna drop 700 on a lithium with more CCA than OEM and lighter, way lighter.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Funny. You guys are looking for more CCA which is much heavier and I want lighter weight. I'm gonna drop 700 on a lithium with more CCA than OEM and lighter, way lighter.
Can you point us in the direction you are heading?

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Thanks fellas that is what I'll do. Not what if but I see ah1395 has it in a Mustang GT. Can it be verified that it will fit in the Shelby GT350 box with cover without any modifications to the battery box.
I do have a GT but the GT350 also takes a 96R battery. See post #5 on page 1.

Is there enough room in the spare tire well to install a battery and hold-down hardware? If there was a shorter but wider and longer battery with higher CCAs, that would be an ideal location to move to the trunk.
The height of the spare tire well is about 6" so that would be your constraining factor as most batteries are taller than that. Although if you used an AGM you can mount it on it's side, just have to find a battery that's 6" wide or less. Keep in mind you will then have to run at least 4AWG wire from the rear to the front of the car which will add weight and it's not very easy to do, and make a custom battery mount. Overall i'd say it's probably more trouble than it's worth.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
The C680 12V 11Ah Lithium Ion Racing Battery is a great choice for street/strip vehicles wanting to shed some battery weight. The C680 is alternator compatible (100A/14.4V max) and weighs only 4.5 lbs. The outside dimensions of 7.16″ L x 3.05″ W x 6.63″ T make it compact and easy to install in a lot of locations.
Can you point us in the direction you are heading?
https://www.lithiumpros.com/product/lithium-pros-c680-12v11ah-lithium-ion-battery/

Sponsored

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Been there, done that with an F-Body Camaro once. You’ll end up ADDING weight because of the large-gauge positive battery cable you’ll have to use to get the battery back there. Then you’ll also have the issue of where to run the battery cable inside the car, so that you don’t risk a fire in the event of a side-impact collision. I wouldn’t do it again.

OP
OP

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok so here is how I see it. My owners supplement for my 2017 lists the battery as BXT-99RT4-A But yet the battery in my car (and a new 2017 on the dealership showroom floor) has a BXT-99RT4 Difference thanks to Blackie 107 posting a picture is. The BXT-99RT4 that I have and one at dealership is 390 CCA stamped right on top. The one were supposed to have in the 2017 is BXT-99RT4-A which is 470 CCA. That A makes it 80 more CCA which makes a difference when really cold. So I feel as though Ford is screwing us over. I will be showing pictures and discussing this with my service department next week. I know they are going to say a replacement would be the A but if so then since owners supplement calls for the A then it should be in there with more CCA to begin with.

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Not worth the fight

Ok so here is how I see it. My owners supplement for my 2017 lists the battery as BXT-99RT4-A But yet the battery in my car (and a new 2017 on the dealership showroom floor) has a BXT-99RT4 Difference thanks to Blackie 107 posting a picture is. The BXT-99RT4 that I have and one at dealership is 390 CCA stamped right on top. The one were supposed to have in the 2017 is BXT-99RT4-A which is 470 CCA. That A makes it 80 more CCA which makes a difference when really cold. So I feel as though Ford is screwing us over. I will be showing pictures and discussing this with my service department next week. I know they are going to say a replacement would be the A but if so then since owners supplement calls for the A then it should be in there with more CCA to begin with.
I don't think it's worth the fight over a $120 battery that will eventually need replacement anyways, just upgrade next time to a 96R, better than both.

OP
OP

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is to me it should be right. I don't intend to pay for the right battery. And its replaced free up to 36 months. Then if need be I'll buy a different battery.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
It is to me it should be right. I don't intend to pay for the right battery. And its replaced free up to 36 months. Then if need be I'll buy a different battery.
I remember decades ago in engineering school, the Professor saying "What problem are you trying to fix?"

Have you had issues with starting?

The 4 cylinder likely has a smaller battery?
Sponsored

Last edited: