My R Journey

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
^^^^ Those are nice mats, I have them and I got the matching trunk liner too.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Muligan

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Looks like your set of floor mats may have come with a set for the back as well?

:shrug:
What'dya know.... only ordered the fronts, but you're right - they gave me rears, too. I hadn't even noticed, as I only opened the box and took the pic, didn't take anything out.

Since they're plain black, I guess I'll throw those in the back seat of H2614 as the Lloyds mats that I'm leaving in it are only in the front.

Hope the new owner appreciates them!!! :clap2:

OP
OP
Muligan

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^^^^ Those are nice mats, I have them and I got the matching trunk liner too.
I like the trunk liner, but on the base car it'd be a bit out of place and probably look goofy wadded up in a corner or sagging down into the empty spare tire well.

I love how the base cars have absolutely no trunk trim or finish panels.... just paint overspray and primer.

AeschyA

JR195
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2013 JKR10A
Muligan said:
Got some new swag for the R.... not anxious, not a bit, totally calm here.
Where did you order the mats?

OP
OP
Muligan

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Robertscz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'17 350 white/blue ott
Amazon.... had an old gift card to use. 110 for the set with free delivery.
i got the "regular" gt350 ones from them also and they are FANTASTIC... very plush and they include the rear ones as well. going to go ahead and grab the matching trunk liner soon. very good quality for the $$. the red looks great and will match the "R" interior nicely!!

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I like the trunk liner, but on the base car it'd be a bit out of place and probably look goofy wadded up in a corner or sagging down into the empty spare tire well.

I love how the base cars have absolutely no trunk trim or finish panels.... just paint overspray and primer.
Yes, you really don't want a trunk liner in your new R model as it would look really out of place.

:thumbsup:
Base R Trunk.JPG

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yes, you really don't want a trunk liner in your new R model as it would look really out of place.

:thumbsup:
Take the trunk liner out before you go to the track. :shrug:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

Certainly have to agree with you regarding the spartan look of the trunk and consider that one of the cool looking characteristics of the Base R cars along with the radio delete cover, no floor mats, fake speaker covers and no AC.

If there was one change that I had hoped that Ford would have incorporated into these R models and especially the Base cars it would have been a trunk mounted battery much the same as the 36 R models from 1965 and of course trunk mounted batteries also came standard in the first ~250 regular GT350 in 1965 as well.

:cheers:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Chris, had the R out earlier today before the rains came again for a 3rd straight weekend after which time I spent some time vacuuming it out and then giving it another coat of wax which it hasn't had for quite some time.

As I sat in my car this morning and looked at the R logo located on my radio block off plate I just realized that the logo not only signified an "R" model but if I used a little imagination the "Ford" name appeared to be hidden within the logo as well.

Of course that same logo appears on all R models located near the top of the Recaro seats.

Just a little trivia to pass along on a dreary wet day in the Southeast.

I hope that you hear something on your car next week as I know the anticipation has to be killing you!

;)
Radio Block Off Plate.JPG

Sponsored
OP
OP
Muligan

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well over a foot of snow these past couple of days, so not much to do other than shovel and daydream about summer days and the upcoming R.... sigh.

Thanks for sharing the pics - cool to see the base details. The only Rs I've seen so far have been e-pack versions.

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Deerfield,Indiana Land of Moonshine & Critters
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Hope it's o.k. to jump in here with some mention of the battery in the trunk. Harry,thanks. Did not know the battery was in the trunk of the 65'R's. Just have never researched that model. The only other model that I'm aware of would be the Boss429 cars with a trunk mounted battery.

I have often wondered why ford chose to keep it up front in the GT350. Read some of this thread EARLY today & started investigating how much the 5.2 VooDoo actually weighs. Never came across the #. Anyone?

Personally think that would've been another "cool" factor for the R's.

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
You can understand why the Boss 9's battery were in the trunk with over 700lbs of engine up front.

Would be interesting to see how the Voodoo compares to the 289, B302, B429, & the upcoming GT500 as far as engine weights. Hmmm wonder if battery will be in the rears for the new 500???

zzrat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR245 Radioless
Oh yeah, are those red shoelaces "R" accents??? Pretty clever Harry! LOL

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Rex, another cool factor about the '65 GT350 cars was the unique 15" and 16" steering wheels that came with no center horn button.

In order to beep the horn in a '65 GT350 a person had a toggle switch on the dash in order to initiate the horn and of course that changed for the '66MY.

;)
Sponsored