Sponsored

My R Journey

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
Wait, wouldn't the rear defogger add weight? Is a base car really a full experience with a defogger?
Take out all the glass and replace with plexi glass! even lighter
Sponsored

OP
OP
Muligan

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Just ordered a new license plate.......

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
Congrats on the R, I drive mine as often as I can. It's an experience that's hard to explain other than it's unique and special.

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
I'm subscribing. Mostly just to see pictures of a 350 without stripes.
I hate stripes. So I already love your car even though it doesn't exist, yet!

OP
OP
Muligan

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Found out over the weekend that a dealer in Chicago's south suburbs has a Leadfoot Gray R with stripes, so went there on Saturday just to check it out as I hadn't seen that color in person yet.

That car is currently available and has the electronics package and a 20K ADM. I have to admit, it's really sweet looking - pics don't do that color justice, as it really pops with the gloss surface when seen in person.

One thing I was surprised at, though, was how much I liked the matte black stripes with the red accent. Enough that when I got home I reached out to the dealer and asked if we could add those stripes to my order.

He just confirmed that the stripes have been added and mentioned that I may be hearing more about scheduling later this week - but as of now, it's looking like it may be a March build. Closely coordinating with Harry (PP0001) as our base Rs may be rolling down the line together.

After seeing those stripes in person, I found this pic on-line and really, really, like how the stripes pop on the Magnetic in the sun.

Last edited:

Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
yeah that LFG combo is amazing looking. i prefer it much better with the matte stripes and red accents then without. very cool.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
No March build? How reliable is this information? Any feedback on this Harry?

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
For sure a March build for the R's and suggest that many of us will know our scheduled March production dates/VIN's later this week.

I would also suggest that the Base 920A cars will initially get early production priority all subject to how many base cars are presently sitting in the order banks.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

OP
OP
Muligan

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No March build? How reliable is this information? Any feedback on this Harry?
I think you may have misread, it likely will be a March build - and as Harry said, I would expect that the remaining base R orders will get priority when the factory spools production back up so that they can get those pumped out before the end-of-April deadline when all Rs will then have to be equipped with the electronics pack in order to meet federal back-up visibility regs.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I think you may have misread, it likely will be a March build - and as Harry said, I would expect that the remaining base R orders will get priority when the factory spools production back up so that they can get those pumped out before the end-of-April deadline when all Rs will then have to be equipped with the electronics pack in order to meet federal back-up visibility regs.
I must have read it before I finished my coffee. :D

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Found out over the weekend that a dealer in Chicago's south suburbs has a Leadfoot Gray R with stripes, so went there on Saturday just to check it out as I hadn't seen that color in person yet.

That car is currently available and has the electronics package and a 20K ADM. I have to admit, it's really sweet looking - pics don't do that color justice, as it really pops with the gloss surface when seen in person.

One thing I was surprised at, though, was how much I liked the matte black stripes with the red accent. Enough that when I got home I reached out to the dealer and asked if we could add those stripes to my order.

He just confirmed that the stripes have been added and mentioned that I may be hearing more about scheduling later this week - but as of now, it's looking like it may be a March build. Closely coordinating with Harry (PP0001) as our base Rs may be rolling down the line together.

After seeing those stripes in person, I found this pic on-line and really, really, like how the stripes pop on the Magnetic in the sun.

I knew you'd cave in!! :D

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
This car looks great with and without stripes, HOWEVER, the stripes are traditional, and look super, the red pins really make them pop. You'll be happy with it, I'm sure.

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor
I agree with the 'stripes are traditional' sentiment. And, the way I was looking at it. it's cheaper to order them then take them off than not order them and add them later. I thought I might, in fact, take them off at some point, but 2 1/2 years into this glorious journey and I don't think I will be taking them off.

OP
OP
Muligan

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got some new swag for the R.... not anxious, not a bit, totally calm here.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Got some new swag for the R.... not anxious, not a bit, totally calm here.

Very nice and can certainly sense your excitement and anticipation!

Looks like your set of floor mats may have come with a set for the back as well?

:shrug:
Sponsored