Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
I'm getting a pair of 28*10 Hoosier slicks locally for my car. What kind of air pressure are you guys running? Length of burnout? Launch RPM? My car is full bolt on. Any street driving? I live about 5mi from the track and its a pretty straight shot to my house.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
My advice is bolt them on at the track. You don't wanna get cought in the rain on slicks. As far as racing em. 12psi and a 3 to 5 second burnout to start.

OP
OP
armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
I'm really not worried about rain.

Artem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT M/T
I have my stock 19" radials upfront and it was very scary last Thursday with 15psi in tire. My rear was walking away from me right before 1/8th mile so I jut let go the throttle and cruise down the strip. I up the pressure to 18psi and was able to do full run. 1.6x 60fts.

jlstro3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I drove on mine twice on the way to the track. (20 minutes on back roads) I hated it. I had the stock radials up front and it made the car feel like a death trap. I was only running 1/8th mile so the "sway" wasn't horrible but you could definitely feel it getting upset when I shifted. I'll be running skinnies this year for sure. On a positive note being able to recover after a little spin is super easy on slicks compared to radials and I had some peace of mind on my m6 car with the stock axles compared to the radials.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
I have my stock 19" radials upfront and it was very scary last Thursday with 15psi in tire. My rear was walking away from me right before 1/8th mile so I jut let go the throttle and cruise down the strip. I up the pressure to 18psi and was able to do full run. 1.6x 60fts.
I'm curious if disconnecting the front away bar might help. Do you have any suspension mods? I have the irs lockout kit. I'll be putting in a diff lockout kit, Barton shifter and my aluminum driveshaft, this weekend.

Did you check your tire pressure before and after your runs?

I drove on mine twice on the way to the track. (20 minutes on back roads) I hated it. I had the stock radials up front and it made the car feel like a death trap. I was only running 1/8th mile so the "sway" wasn't horrible but you could definitely feel it getting upset when I shifted. I'll be running skinnies this year for sure. On a positive note being able to recover after a little spin is super easy on slicks compared to radials and I had some peace of mind on my m6 car with the stock axles compared to the radials.
That's definitely understandable. The only turns I have to make are at stop signs on my way home. Other than that, it's literally a straight shot and 35mph.

I want to buy skinnies, buy they're so Fuckin expensive for 18s.

Artem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT M/T
I'm curious if disconnecting the front away bar might help. Do you have any suspension mods? I have the irs lockout kit. I'll be putting in a diff lockout kit, Barton shifter and my aluminum driveshaft, this weekend.

Did you check your tire pressure before and after your runs?
I only checked before runs. Only suspension mod is BMR performance springs. I did ran 15psi before no problem but now it got me thinking that my front stock radials had about 30psi at that time compare to last Thursday I had fronts at 34psi. I'll be looking into Hoosier bias-ply front runners to complete the set up and hopefully get rid of some sway as well.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I'm really not worried about rain.
:doh: Because it never rains on the gulf coast??? People ask for advice. Then don't take it. What were you hoping to hear, when you made this thread? Some nitwit to come along and say driving on slicks on a public road is a great idea! And it's extremely safe.

OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
  • Banned
I only checked before runs. Only suspension mod is BMR performance springs. I did ran 15psi before no problem but now it got me thinking that my front stock radials had about 30psi at that time compare to last Thursday I had fronts at 34psi. I'll be looking into Hoosier bias-ply front runners to complete the set up and hopefully get rid of some sway as well.

Sounds good. I appreciate the input.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Slicks are not DOT legal for a reason. Very dangerous. Also with stock radials up front as others have said you are asking for an unsafe squirly mess.

Sponsored

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
youre gonna get rear end sway at high speeds even if you have drag fronts up front. my car did it at the local outlaw track but i didnt notice it at ennis. i ran 15psi and it seemed to alleviate this problem. im only launching at 1500rpm but the torque comes on quick.

OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
:doh: Because it never rains on the gulf coast??? People ask for advice. Then don't take it. What were you hoping to hear, when you made this thread? Some nitwit to come along and say driving on slicks on a public road is a great idea! And it's extremely safe.
It's called checking the radar. I've seen a number of vehicles running these on the street. S550s, scat packs, cobras etc. I've been on slicks before, but they were bigger and on a lighter car.

OP
OP

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
Slicks are not DOT legal for a reason. Very dangerous. Also with stock radials up front as others have said you are asking for an unsafe squirly mess.
Not DOT legal. Just like your car has cats for a reason.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
It's called checking the radar. I've seen a number of vehicles running these on the street. S550s, scat packs, cobras etc. I've been on slicks before, but they were bigger and on a lighter car.
I've seen videos of Buddhist monks setting themselves on fire in protest also. Don't mean I'm going to do it. You've made your mind up. Have fun and try not to take anyone out with you on those public roads that your not supposed to be using slicks on.:doh:

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
I wouldn't reccomend running bias ply slicks with radial fronts, but if you are going to do it. Stick with 15 lbs of air, the car will get sketchy at the top end. Any slight bump / turn of the steering wheel will get amplified.
I had to abort about 1 out of every 3 passes with that combo.
Sponsored