Sponsored

ProCharger install tips and tricks

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hello,
So hoping my install goes smoothly, guessing it will, but... Hoping those that performed their own install can share their tips and tricks that might help me and others out. Mine is the Stage 2, but any info on the HO system would help most likely as well. Thanks.
Sponsored

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Taking the front end off the first time is a bit tricky to find all the clips and bolts ..Only other thing was trimming the hose from the blower to the intercooler ..It's not hard to do but to get the right fit you need to trim a bit at a time till you get it right .. The paper work and pictures that come with the kit are very good ... Set down and read them a few times before you start the install ..

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
All of this ^ and will add that you do not need the stock clips for the injectors if you go with id1000's or others, they are plug and play. Use windex to help the pipes fit in the rubber hoses etc... some of them are tight. Buy a 4.5 t-bolt clamp for the intake to the PC, easier to clamp down since it is a little wider. If you go with the race valve be ready for a little bit of a fight to get the intake on.

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Taking the front end off the first time is a bit tricky to find all the clips and bolts ..Only other thing was trimming the hose from the blower to the intercooler ..It's not hard to do but to get the right fit you need to trim a bit at a time till you get it right .. The paper work and pictures that come with the kit are very good ... Set down and read them a few times before you start the install ..
Thanks, yep I've read the instructions a few times. Funny you mention the front end, some of the pics of that area in the instructions, I was trying to figure out what angle the camera was pointed because I couldn't get where it was taken. I'm hoping when I get under there it makes sense.

All of this ^ and will add that you do not need the stock clips for the injectors if you go with id1000's or others, they are plug and play. Use windex to help the pipes fit in the rubber hoses etc... some of them are tight. Buy a 4.5 t-bolt clamp for the intake to the PC, easier to clamp down since it is a little wider. If you go with the race valve be ready for a little bit of a fight to get the intake on.
Thanks, actually I've never replaced an injector, so am a little nervous on that. I saw in the instructions it takes about clips, but I hadn't ever seen one and was hoping that too would make more sense when I get to that point of the process. Was actually going to see if I can find a YouTube that shows injector installation so I can see what the clips look like. So you are saying I don't need to install any clips with the id1000s? Also thanks for the tip on the t-bolt clamp.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, actually I've never replaced an injector, so am a little nervous on that. I saw in the instructions it takes about clips, but I hadn't ever seen one and was hoping that too would make more sense when I get to that point of the process. Was actually going to see if I can find a YouTube that shows injector installation so I can see what the clips look like. So you are saying I don't need to install any clips with the id1000s? Also thanks for the tip on the t-bolt clamp.
Check this out...here was my post on installing the ID1000's. I was worried as well but it was one of the easiest parts of the whole install.

Sponsored

jody858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT
Wasn't there a install video posted here for the ProCharger? I did a search for it but couldn't find it. Maybe I was dreaming.

Those who have installed a ProCharger, are you running your stock oil pump gears?

17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustnag GT
Windex on the pipes is a must. Make sure there is a spacer between head unit and PC pulley as they are occasianaly shipped without it. Pay attention to the tensioning procedure. I have heard the tensioner pully can be canted if not done correctly, causing belt failure and last but not least, adjust belt a few times during initial tuning. This is not a difficult installation. Just have patience and follow directions.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Wasn't there a install video posted here for the ProCharger? I did a search for it but couldn't find it. Maybe I was dreaming.

Those who have installed a ProCharger, are you running your stock oil pump gears?
Nope swapped opg and tc gear. There are a few install videos out there.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
I have the PC sitting in boxes hoping to get the oil pump gears installed next week so I can put the procharger on next weekend. I've been scared into waiting :eyebulge:

Was a 1500 dollar expense i was not planning on, headers just have to wait till spring :)

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Check this out...here was my post on installing the ID1000's. I was worried as well but it was one of the easiest parts of the whole install.
Was there going to be a link attached? Would love to see some info on the injector mounting. Thanks again.

Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Make sure there is a spacer between head unit and PC pulley as they are occasianaly shipped without it.
THIS!

I wasted 4 weeks troubleshooting this and about $200.00 in idler pulley bearings and belts.

17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustnag GT
THIS!

I wasted 4 weeks troubleshooting this and about $200.00 in idler pulley bearings and belts.
IT cost me two belts but I believe it was your post that made me aware of the spacer. Thanks!
Sponsored