Sponsored

ALL GT350/GT350R LEADS, ALLOCATIONS, DEPOSITS [READ FIRST POST]

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
I went out this Monday and picked up a ZL1 1LE at what I thought was a fantastic price. I can’t get myself to pay 5k over MSRP for a car.
id like to hear your thoughts on this car. been looking at them myself
Sponsored

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
id like to hear your thoughts on this car. been looking at them myself
Stay tuned !! I haven’t picked it up from the dealership yet. I finalized the deal yesterday but it was raining so I didn’t bring the car home. I was supposed to go get it this afternoon but work has gotten in the way. Looks like Tuesday is going to be the day.

I really enjoyed the car during the test drive. The sound was amazing, the acceleration felt just as violent as my Hellcat and the handling was top notch.

Jackie Chiles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW TDI SW
Stay tuned !! I haven’t picked it up from the dealership yet. I finalized the deal yesterday but it was raining so I didn’t bring the car home. I was supposed to go get it this afternoon but work has gotten in the way. Looks like Tuesday is going to be the day.

I really enjoyed the car during the test drive. The sound was amazing, the acceleration felt just as violent as my Hellcat and the handling was top notch.
Alain:

Good idea to do a write up here like Mike suggested. The ZL1 is on my radar too, even though I'd rather have a GT350R.

JC

jedirocker

Threads
Reaction score
Website
visualuniverse.org
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Forgotten how much I hate dealership experiences. Sales guy was fine, but the sales manager was such a pompous a$$ that after he uttered 3 sentences, including some diatribe about how he's currently entertaining offers only above MSRP, I looked at my wife and said, "We're done here." We got up and walked out. 20 min later my phone starts ringing. 4 more phone conversations later and I had them below MSRP. So now I have a GT350 in the garage.

thaext

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leet Pony
Forgotten how much I hate dealership experiences. Sales guy was fine, but the sales manager was such a pompous a$$ that after he uttered 3 sentences, including some diatribe about how he's currently entertaining offers only above MSRP, I looked at my wife and said, "We're done here." We got up and walked out. 20 min later my phone starts ringing. 4 more phone conversations later and I had them below MSRP. So now I have a GT350 in the garage.
How much under sticker did you get?

Sponsored

Jdmuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra Viper Z06 Mustang
I got my 18 GT350, Oxford White w/o stripes and electronics pkg & blk roof for 59650 (msrp was 62115). I figured any discount was better .. I’ve seen some folks here have gotten even better.

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
I try never to actually walk into a dealership unless I have to see the car, and then it's only to test-drive it-I never negotiate while I'm there, because they will inevitably waste your time. The key is to do your negotiations via e-mail, as you have all the control. If a dealership refuses to negotiate via e-mail, that's a red flag and I won't do business with them.

Wooly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Tech, Porsche 991GT3
I try never to actually walk into a dealership unless I have to see the car, and then it's only to test-drive it-I never negotiate while I'm there, because they will inevitably waste your time. The key is to do your negotiations via e-mail, as you have all the control. If a dealership refuses to negotiate via e-mail, that's a red flag and I won't do business with them.
Couldn’t agree more. I operate exactly the same way. Email only for negotiations. I won’t even talk to them on the phone until the deal is agreed to in writing.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
Alain:

Good idea to do a write up here like Mike suggested. The ZL1 is on my radar too, even though I'd rather have a GT350R.

JC
Will do!! I’m picking it up this morning. Hope none of the other guys here get bent out of shape about me talking about a ZL1 1LE here.

I would have loved to get an R but this 5K over MSRP none sense is not for me. They can keep the car, if I’m still interested in one in a couple of years I’ll look into getting a used one.

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
Will do!! I’m picking it up this morning. Hope none of the other guys here get bent out of shape about me talking about a ZL1 1LE here.

I would have loved to get an R but this 5K over MSRP none sense is not for me. They can keep the car, if I’m still interested in one in a couple of years I’ll look into getting a used one.
i think most people on here just like cool cars and arent fanboys, sure most everyone will like to hear what it has to offer

Sponsored

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
i think most people on here just like cool cars and arent fanboys, sure most everyone will like to hear what it has to offer
I’m glad to hear you say that cause I’m dying to share with you guys !!

Picked up the car around 11 after a disappointing dealership experience where the car wasn’t ready when I got there and they gave it to me with less than a quarter tank of gas I drove out of the lot and into the highway and man!!!

This thing has some balls!!! In 2nd and 3rd gears it pulls HARD and it feels like it’s never going to stop pulling !!! It’s an absolute freak of nature.

It’s gonna be hard for you guys to understand since you don’t have a visual picture of what the road looks like ........... I had this thing going around a small/tight traffic circle at what I think was like 40 or 50 miles an hour and it was glued to the road !!!! You can feed it throttle and It will keep you out of trouble unless you pound the gas in the middle of the turn.

The grip on this thing is unbelievable, the brakes are another animal. The brakes will stop a freight train in a heart beat. No fade, ever!!!

The interior and over all build quality is second to none. There are no skweaks, no rattles no weird noises.......the interior is solid and my car has 5,000 miles !!! My car was a GM fleet car, it’s one of the cars they used for press events. It might actually be one of the cars they used at the reveal for the 1LE package in Daytona (I have to investigate further). You would think that after 5,000 miles you might hear some skweaks or rattles but there’s nothing. the seats are super comfortable.

The steering wheel is really small and thin but the Alcântara feels so good, the small size of the steering wheel feels strange but good. I got in my Hellcat afterwards and it felt like I was driving an 18 wheeler with a giant steering wheel hahaha.

Forget a back seat, you couldn’t fit a small child back there.

The paint and body panel gaps are all good. No weirdness in the paint or clear coat at all.

The active rev match is awesome (my first experience with it).

Only complaints........... the face on the speedo and tachometer are the same as in all the other GM cars (boring). I wish they would have spruced it up a bit. The giant digital scree between the speedo and tach make up for that.

There is a slight hesitation/lag when blipping the throttle, during idle and when st rating from a stop. It’s pretty annoying cause it’s hard to predict. Luckily, from what I’m readinng, a ported throttle body will take care of that.

Last complaint is how quiet the supercharger is. I’m used to listening to my Hellcat literally scream. The zl1 doesn’t even sound like it has a blower.

Luckily the exhaust will ABSOLUTELY seduce you!!! This thing sounds like a nascar when the valves on the exhaust open up.

Someone here commented (and I agreed after watching YouTube videos) that the exhaust sounded like it had a potato in the tail pipe. Let me tell you, in person this thing is a completely different animal !! My girlfriend and I couldn’t stop smiling from the exhaust!!

I can’t upload a photo, it’s telling me the file is too big.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
[MENTION=33572]Alain[/MENTION] i was very surprised by that factory exhaust note. Sounded great! And man that rev match is cool, i will admit to feeling a little lazy not doing it on my own lol.

And power for days...i just couldn’t get over the shifter. Hopped back in my MGW’d 350 and smiled on home

Congrats on the new ride:cheers:

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=33572]Alain[/MENTION] i was very surprised by that factory exhaust note. Sounded great! And man that rev match is cool, i will admit to feeling a little lazy not doing it on my own lol.

And power for days...i just couldn’t get over the shifter. Hopped back in my MGW’d 350 and smiled on home

Congrats on the new ride:cheers:
Thank you !! The car is something else !!!
You didn’t like the shifter in the 1LE? It’s as precise as a shifter can get.......zero slopp and short throws. Matter of fact, I’m sure I read somewhere that it’s the same tranny and shifter in the 350.

I just ordered a ported throttle body and throttle controller to get rid of the lazy gas pedal.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Thank you !! The car is something else !!!
You didn’t like the shifter in the 1LE? It’s as precise as a shifter can get.......zero slopp and short throws. Matter of fact, I’m sure I read somewhere that it’s the same tranny and shifter in the 350.

I just ordered a ported throttle body and throttle controller to get rid of the lazy gas pedal.
there may have been something wrong with the one i drove, and it was not the 1LE.

i also didn't care for the factory one in the 350 though either lol

Jimgolf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Porsche 911E Targa
I called. The story I got was the owner of the dealership has had it listed at $83k for a while and didn't care if it sold because he was holding on to it in his "collection". They just dropped it $10k to $73k or around $5k ADM. I offered MSRP and they said they have 4 other people who offered MSRP as well but they are holding out to see who will do $5k but no deal as of today. That's a bad sign for me and I just can't bring myself to pay over list price for any car so I'll keep waiting, and driving my other cars. I have a feeling I'll get an even better deal on a used one soon.
Just an update. This beautiful LB R is still for sale at $5k over MSRP (as of 4/30). I tried again to get them to sell it at MSRP on the last day of the month. They said nope. They dropped it from $20k over to $5k over a month ago and it still hasn't sold, huh. Makes you wonder about the hype. They said they had a lot of calls but only got offers at MSRP so far.

Anyone still willing to shell out $5k ADM should go get it.
Sponsored