Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
And everyone on here blames the dealers for ADMs:eyebulge:
And I was told by another member here that the amount of phone calls inquiring about GT350s has nothing to do with demand for the car and ADMs. :lol:
Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
And I was told by another member here that the amount of phone calls inquiring about GT350s has nothing to do with demand for the car and ADMs. :lol:
You think they went from MSRP to 5K plus based on couple calls? :frusty:

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
From the information we have, yes. The two callers started a little bidding war. It was probably more than two phone calls. It happens all the time.

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
You think not? Supply and demand, simple economics. If you have 10 calls come in during the span of 1 day then clearly there is plenty of interest at the price and you can increase the price and see who is serious. Or someone will offer $2500 ADM as stated to beat the others out, and the BUYER caused the ADM.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
If the demand was that high they would of gotten plenty of calls all month long. So every time someone calls they raise the price?

I wish people would stop saying supply and demand if cars are sitting on lots they don't have the appropriate price for the market. That's simple economics

straightliner1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #HR262 / 2018 GMC Yukon XL Denali
I called Ford of Fairfield when that very GB was inbound and was told 5up on the car. That was approximately 4-6 weeks ago.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
If the demand was that high they would of gotten plenty of calls all month long. So every time someone calls they raise the price?

I wish people would stop saying supply and demand if cars are sitting on lots they don't have the appropriate price for the market. That's simple economics
It's called capitalism; how the US is run. Market value is what someone in an arm's length transaction would pay in an open/free market. The MSRP is the manufacturer SUGGESTED retail price. Not set price.

Why do you think gas prices go up and down so much, sometimes overnight? Demand and instantaneous demand (and supply based on futures etc. but in a lesser respect). Peak driving seasons prices go up typically since they know more demand for gas. When a hurricane comes, yup gas goes up too

It happens in your daily life this is no different. They are only building so many of these. A regular GT 5.0 would have zero ADM at any dealership in the US because they are building 3-4,000 per month and more than meeting the demand.

It's the dealership's car, they paid Ford for it when it was shipped. The private dealership can sit on it as long as they want or never sell it. That is their choice if they want it sitting on the lot for a year. The 350s also bring people in the door to see it and start looking at other stuff there- a marketing tool/loss leader of sorts.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Another ADM thread. :doh:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
You think not? Supply and demand, simple economics. If you have 10 calls come in during the span of 1 day then clearly there is plenty of interest at the price and you can increase the price and see who is serious. Or someone will offer $2500 ADM as stated to beat the others out, and the BUYERS caused the ADM.
Fixed that for you. Its not a single buyer, its all of them. There are simply a lot of willing buyers and a fixed amount of cars. Now I fully agree dealers starting off with the intention of placing high ADMs definitely skews things and creates an artificially constrained supply, but if every car was selling at sticker, every time one popped up in inventory you might have buyers bidding over to secure the car. Just like this scenario. Buyer knew up front an MSRP deal could be had, instead of rolling the dice and hoping for the best, he bid over in hopes of securing the deal.

Im guessing this dealer was thinking about moving the car before the end of the month since things might be softening, then a guy comes and overs over sticker, dealer then realizes they can afford to hold onto it a bit longer

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
It's called capitalism; how the US is run. Market value is what someone in an arm's length transaction would pay in an open/free market. The MSRP is the manufacturer SUGGESTED retail price. Not set price.

Why do you think gas prices go up and down so much, sometimes overnight? Demand and instantaneous demand (and supply based on futures etc. but in a lesser respect). Peak driving seasons prices go up typically since they know more demand for gas. When a hurricane comes, yup gas goes up too

It happens in your daily life this is no different. They are only building so many of these. A regular GT 5.0 would have zero ADM at any dealership in the US because they are building 3-4,000 per month and more than meeting the demand.

It's the dealership's car, they paid Ford for it when it was shipped. The private dealership can sit on it as long as they want or never sell it. That is their choice if they want it sitting on the lot for a year. The 350s also bring people in the door to see it and start looking at other stuff there- a marketing tool/loss leader of sorts.
Someone already stated they wanted a ADM on the car before the calls that was my point. I've taken lots of economics courses. American does not practice a pure form of capitalism.

I never argued there isn't demand for the car. I argued the ADM being asked for are not justified by demand. This is shown by the fact that dealers are sitting on cars for months and people selling used ones cannot get the price they ask.

If I paid 10k adm for a car is that is the actually price the market well bare then I should have no issue selling the car used for 5k over sticker. If I pay 10k day one but I cannot sell the car for msrp then the 10k wasn't justified. Now I may decide I want the car today so I'll pay extra knowing it's not technically justified.

You and manipulate prices by artificially limiting demand but the price will always correct it self

There are 414!! 2016s on auto trader even if I assume 100 are sold or in transit thats 300 for a high demand car? Thats before what another 5000 2017s hit the market?

I got my car im not arguing anymore Im just trying to help members not get trapped or over pay unnecessarily. Im not even 100% sure MSRP is justified on some of these.

Last edited:

kdphan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ATS-V and GSF
hm...these guys were telling me $10k over just last week

jesus fking christ

Ellas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2016 Shelby GT, 1967 GT500, 1993 Cobra
2016 Avalanche Gray Track MRSP!

Hey Everyone!

I have an MSRP Deal on a 16 Avalanche Gray/Black Stripe Track Pack in NJ.

I'm good friends with the Sales Manager and they would love to move this today.

PM me for his contact info.
Sponsored