Sponsored

Ford oil catch cans

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
did 2 track days, over 1G of acceleration both left and right

driver side just had a tiny trace of oil, didn't even bother to wipe it off.
Sponsored

lapoune

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
max
Vehicle(s)
gt350r, evo x, e46 m3, g55k
Got these and don't really like them. The ones on my Evo cost about the same and come with a dipstick, screw-on reservoir and petcock valve. These are a bit annoying to empty. Thankfully it doesn't seem to be accumulating much.

Hopefully another brand comes out with a nicer kit.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Got these and don't really like them. The ones on my Evo cost about the same and come with a dipstick, screw-on reservoir and petcock valve. These are a bit annoying to empty. Thankfully it doesn't seem to be accumulating much.

Hopefully another brand comes out with a nicer kit.
I transferred the JLT from my Boss to my Shelby. I check it sporadically and it always has oil. Servicing it is a painless two minute operation. They recently came out with a new version.

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
I just installed dual Ford Performance catch cans on my new GT350 with 50 miles on the odo. I would highly recommend them to any owner. 15 minute install for each side, perfect fit and complete factory look. I'm eager to see how much oil they pull by the first 1,000 oil change.

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Not sure if anyone addressed this yet. Newer passenger side separators come WITHOUT the wire harness hole mount. According to FP it's because they were having issues with mounts cracking due to the hole so they changed the design. Just a little FYI. Happy modding people.

Sponsored

NJ3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
Not sure if anyone addressed this yet. Newer passenger side separators come WITHOUT the wire harness hole mount. According to FP it's because they were having issues with mounts cracking due to the hole so they changed the design. Just a little FYI. Happy modding people.
Thanks, mine didn't have the hole either so I used a zip tie to secure the wiring harness.

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
I purchased and just received the Bob's 2015+ Ultimate GT350 Oil Separator Pass and Driver Side.

The package did not come with any installation instructions.

Can anyone please provide the detail installation instructions document or video to help and guide me with the install of the pass side and where the can should be installed. I was able to figure out the driver's side.

GattmanLA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT500 (SOLD)
Yea. Noticed this on mine. Shouldn't be a problem though. That harness isn't going anywhere. The passenger side one is a tight fit though!

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Picked up the version 3 of the JLT cans. Got one for each side, It was a pure plug-n-play setup. I didn't want to hack up my factory hoses as I like being able to return to stock quickly.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Picked up the version 3 of the JLT cans. Got one for each side, It was a pure plug-n-play setup. I didn't want to hack up my factory hoses as I like being able to return to stock quickly.
Same.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Google this via a copy and paste...

Bob's Auto Sports 2015+ GT350 Oil Separators

The above is a writeup I did. If you have any questions just ask. I had the FR separators but prefer these for drainage.

I purchased and just received the Bob's 2015+ Ultimate GT350 Oil Separator Pass and Driver Side.

The package did not come with any installation instructions.

Can anyone please provide the detail installation instructions document or video to help and guide me with the install of the pass side and where the can should be installed. I was able to figure out the driver's side.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
hey guys, I am going to be the only one to differ?
Why do you need oil separators ? To make some X company proffits ?
I think they *might* be useful when there is a supercharger involved that gets bathed in oil, but this car a.is not supercharged, less crank pressure to push oil vapor in, and b.there is nothing to protect, no supercharger...

Vapors and oil gets burned in the pistons. OK, a bit more oil, I like that there is a lubing factor. Remember 2 stroke engines, have oil in fuel for lubrication? Some of that effect is here.

Please correct me if I am wrong, I was contemplating buying them Bob's separators.. I had them on the 2013 GT500 which the Gt350 replaced...
Cheers...

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
[MENTION=25907]torque124[/MENTION]

For the drivers side, I might agree with you. I honestly haven't even checked it after my track day because it's been bone dry from my normal driving. But for how much oil I've seen accumulated in my passenger side can just in normal driving over the course of 1000 miles...I'm happy I have them. You'd be surprised how much they actually catch from the passenger side. I don't want that shit burning up in my combustion chamber.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Oil will still get into the intake tract. It will reduce your octane, gum up the intake ports, carbon and gum up the throttle body, etc. it's cheap insurance to a cleaner intake. At the very least get one on the right side (passenger side).
Also this isn't a 2 stroke, 2 strokes do not have splash or pressure oil systems.