Sponsored

Aftermarket resonated midpipe?

Screwdgie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT 6M
Right now I have Roush axle backs and want a bit more sound but 1: Do not want to wake the entire neighborhood leaving early for work and 2: Do not want it too be ridiculously loud if/when I install headers down the road.

I thought I saw an aftermarket midpipe for sale somewhere but can't find it now. Does anyone know of any available? I was also considering just chopping off the suitcase and replacing it with this Borla's replacement resonator: http://www.borla.com/products/mustang_gt_resonator_part__60561.html
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Lethal Performance has both the X and H resonator deletes. FRPP has a x-pipe resonator delete and MRT has them as well.

I have the FRPP x-pipe and it is loud but just ordered the Lethal h-pipe to get rid of the raspiness with the Roush ABs.

Removing the resonator with the Roush AB is going to be loud no matter what. This setup is as long as some longtube header cars.

OP
OP

Screwdgie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT 6M
I know of all the actual resonator deletes available, but does anyone offer a midpipe with a smaller resonator compared to the factory suitcase? Kind of like the old MAC prochamber?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I know of all the actual resonator deletes available, but does anyone offer a midpipe with a smaller resonator compared to the factory suitcase? Kind of like the old MAC prochamber?
You could do a custom setup with an H-pipe followed by a pair of Dynamax Race Bullets.

OP
OP

Screwdgie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT 6M
You could do a custom setup with an H-pipe followed by a pair of Dynamax Race Bullets.
Yea I might end up doing something custom like that. I want just a hair louder than what the Roush axle backs offer. I also feel that they sound kind of "flat" in the mid-rpm range if that makes any sense. At least from in the car. I have not heard any Roush + X or H pipe resonator deletes in person to make a judgement on just how loud they really are. Youtube videos really don't do justice

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yea I might end up doing something custom like that. I want just a hair louder than what the Roush axle backs offer. I also feel that they sound kind of "flat" in the mid-rpm range if that makes any sense. At least from in the car. I have not heard any Roush + X or H pipe resonator deletes in person to make a judgement on just how loud they really are. Youtube videos really don't do justice
I really liked the Solo Performance resonated tip axle-backs. Seemed pretty loud but very refined.

Carlosa_garcia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium DIB PP 6MT
Borla makes a Resonator. Comes with the Borla Touring catback. Could just order the resonator by itself.

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT

Eadracing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Oxford white GT

I've actually considered this set up......I just know that all of the setups I've heard with bullets and tail pipes sounded like ass. The only thing is all of those setups were on foxbody's :D So I have no clue what they'd sound like on these new 5.0's

OP
OP

Screwdgie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT 6M
I really need to hear a roush + resonator delete in person to see if I like it or not. From youtube videos, I'm not a huge fan of the sound. It seems a bit too raspy for my liking, not as crisp of a sound if that makes sense. Essentially, I'd just like to swap the stock suitcase out for a higher flowing unit and hopefully get a bit more volume from the exhaust without getting too raspy.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Screwdgie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT 6M

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white

Iceman2733

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I have that on my car and am really happy with the sound. A more sophisticated sound than the typical resonator delete axle backs. No rasp at all. I love going through tunnels....[emoji106]
Any sound clips I was looking at roush with an H pipe but now I am changing my mind due to I don't like raspy. Is it a deep sound?

Mark5825

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Lethal Performance has both the X and H resonator deletes. FRPP has a x-pipe resonator delete and MRT has them as well.

I have the FRPP x-pipe and it is loud but just ordered the Lethal h-pipe to get rid of the raspiness with the Roush ABs.

Removing the resonator with the Roush AB is going to be loud no matter what. This setup is as long as some longtube header cars.
Did you hook up the H-pipe? If so, how does the volume level compare?
Sponsored