'19 Cobra Jet

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
A friend reached out to me this AM and asked me to gauge interest in a '19 Cobra Jet. I was told there will be only 68 made in the '19 model year. No VIN, not street legal, you know the drill.

Yes, there will be an ADM, I'm not throwing numbers out there but you are probably looking at double the price of an R. I'm not going to get into the financials of this thing, anyone who knows the car knows they don't come cheap.

My perception is that this car would be only for a serious collector. If anyone has any interest, I have a lead on an allocation and I was told the order banks open in June.

PM me if you have any serious interest. I'll put the two of you together and let you work it out.
Sponsored

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
If your friend is who I think he is, I can vouch that he's a stand-up guy and if he says he can get the car, he will make it happen.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Very cool cars for sure with the modern Cobra Jet program starting back in 2008 with 50 cars offered each year up until the 2017MY.

My understanding is that this will be a 2018 Cobra Jet model and will go on sale sometime in early 2019 with pricing similar to the 2017 model which was ~$104,000.

To appreciate how exotic these Cobra Jet race cars are you have to hear/see one of them run and of course with a horsepower rating of ~1000+ these S/C 5.2 liter Coyote engines are something to behold.

:ford:

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Very cool cars for sure with the modern Cobra Jet program starting back in 2008 with 50 cars offered each year up until the 2017MY.

My understanding is that this will be a 2018 Cobra Jet model and will go on sale sometime in early 2019 with pricing similar to the 2017 model which was ~$104,000.

To appreciate how exotic these Cobra Jet race cars are you have to hear/see one of them run and of course with a horsepower rating of ~1000+ these S/C 5.2 liter Coyote engines are something to behold.

:ford:
They are looking at a ā€˜mid-8-second rangeā€™..... Most likely the same 5.2L (heavily modified) slated for GT500.
It will be interesting to see what the COPO will offer to stay competitive.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Not knocking your friend but this car belongs on the track, not a garage queen. FWIW.
I guess my point was the average Joe car buyer wouldn't look at his and see it as feasible. Yes, I'd agree, it belongs on the track.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Not knocking your friend but this car belongs on the track, not a garage queen. FWIW.
I believe Tom simply meant that this purchase is for a very specific buyer, and not that he was trying to dictate or suggest how it should be used. Just because itā€™s added to a ā€˜collectionā€™ doesnā€™t mean it canā€™t also be ripped on the track :cheers:

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange w\ Black OTTS
I guess my point was the average Joe car buyer wouldn't look at his and see it as feasible. Yes, I'd agree, it belongs on the track.
I believe Tom simply meant that this purchase is for a very specific buyer, and not that he was trying to dictate or suggest how it should be used. Just because itā€™s added to a ā€˜collectionā€™ doesnā€™t mean it canā€™t also be ripped on the track :cheers:
I probably didn't word my post as well as I could have, I agree with both of you. My background is straight line racing, NHRA 7 second dragster until I got married and retired. I'm single again and getting old and I've been thinking about an 8 or 9 second door car for fun. I've looked at a few Cobra Jets and the new one has me drooling! The fact that's it's not street legal is a drawback, would be nice to drive to the track, no trailer. Right now I've got a verbal agreement with the dealer that sold me my 350, his 500 allocation when and if available at MSRP, same deal as I got on my 350. Anyways, all is good! :cheers:

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
I probably didn't word my post as well as I could have, I agree with both of you. My background is straight line racing, NHRA 7 second dragster until I got married and retired. I'm single again and getting old and I've been thinking about an 8 or 9 second door car for fun. I've looked at a few Cobra Jets and the new one has me drooling! The fact that's it's not street legal is a drawback, would be nice to drive to the track, no trailer. Right now I've got a verbal agreement with the dealer that sold me my 350, his 500 allocation when and if available at MSRP, same deal as I got on my 350. Anyways, all is good! :cheers:
Its all good. There is a YouTube video I found just looking around. If I had the money, well, you know.....

[ame]

I guess venom does kill demons......

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Straight line racing? Meh. For the money I'd be all in on a FP350S.

No doubt though this would be a great car for someone looking and Tom always has the best hook-ups!
Sponsored