OP
OP
aram_g

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White w/Blue Stripes
Are you planning on tracking? I would expect that for normal street driving a GT will be less special but no less engaging than a GT350, especially with a few mods from Steeda or similar companies. I echo the suggestion to look at a regular GT with PP/PP2, the end cost to you will be much lower. My experience also has been that your initial insurance estimate will be much, much lower than what you will pay a year or two after, mine has been going way up despite a totally clean driving record. I would be concerned with overall costs, you are 26 now but can have very different financial circumstances between now and when your car gets paid off.
I'm an idiot. I didn't consider tax and licensing and things like that. Will be about a $7000 lump sum if I get the car shipped here from out of state. Yea...I can't afford that. Sigh...well, that's it right there boys. That's what I didn't think of, weirdly. :brokenheart:
Sponsored

loco_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I would look for a used GT350 from a private individual in either California, Arizona, Nevada, Idaho, Utah, Oregon, or Washington. The price would be cheaper then buying new and if things are like they are here in Arizona you don’t pay sales tax when you buy used from a private individual. Also you could fly out and drive the car home from any of these locations and you would save on transport shipping. Going this route might get you back into a price range you can afford. Just a thought if you really one one badly.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I thought about it, even test drove a '18 GT Premium PP1 10 Speed, and I personally didn't really like the drive ...
You could test drive a GT 6MT with Active Exhaust. GT350 transmission will be better for fast shifting, and a transmission cooler, but you may not need either of those. The MT82 gets some criticism, for a number of reasons that may not apply to you. On the other hand, the GT350 looks better, and if you don't drive it that much, then it will keep maintenance costs down.

IMDNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I bought my GT350 without test driving any Mustang and I love mine.
However I would not take this as my only vehicle.
To me the GT350 feels sluggish and noisy at low RPM. You need open road to rev it and then it comes alive. The harder you push it the better it gets.
Steering is overly sensitive and jumpy on bad roads.
Suspension is okay if you got magnetic shocks, but still on the stiff side.
I'd be exhausted if I have to drive it in slow traffic with bad road surface after a hard-working day. (and that happens 5 days a week every week)
Of course you might have different tolerance. There are people who drive 911 GT3 all day everyday.
If you can pass that, financially, you only need to keep telling yourself 'I need debt to make me work harder'... and work hard.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I haven't experienced a GT350 or any 6MT Mustang. You sure?!? I've only ever driven two manual Wranglers and a manual Camry. All of which were really easy to drive stick hahaha :lol:
As long as you know how to drive a manual, just slowly shift and make sure you're in gear before you let off the clutch. At the very least I could give you a ride.

Sponsored

5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium GT A10 401a 2017 Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
I know a dealer in the bay area that'll do msrp. shoot me a msg here or on IG

OP
OP
aram_g

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As long as you know how to drive a manual, just slowly shift and make sure you're in gear before you let off the clutch. At the very least I could give you a ride.
:clap2: Where you at I'm in West San Jose hahaha :headbang::cheers:

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I make about the same as you (couple grand more) and paid $31,500 cash for my GT PP used w/5500 miles, supercharger and suspensions mods all came with it. Still have $250K liquid plus retirement savings (401K).

You don't make enough IMO to buy a car that costs $60K. And it's not what you make, it's what you have. Not saying not to enjoy life but your $900/mo rent is bound to go nowhere but up soon. I'd save $30K and get a barely used GT. But that's me. I hate car payments, paying bank interest..etc.

And I wouldn't trade my Whippled GT for a GT350 ever.

OP
OP
aram_g

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I make about the same as you (couple grand more) and paid $31,500 cash for my GT PP used w/5500 miles, supercharger and suspensions mods came with it. And I still have $250K liquid plus retirement savings (401K).

You don't make enough IMO to buy a car that costs $60K. And it's not what you make, it's what you have. Not saying not to enjoy life but your $900/mo rent is bound to go nowhere but up soon. I'd save $30K and get a barely used GT.
I agree it's not so much the salary as it is savings. The only reason i'm looking to buy now is that I have a small time window to transfer my lease to my buddy. Otherwise I have to wait until May 2020, and I don't think 350's are going into production after 2018, right? Or will they be in production for 2019? :confused:

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I agree it's not so much the salary as it is savings. The only reason i'm looking to buy now is that I have a small time window to transfer my lease to my buddy. Otherwise I have to wait until May 2020, and I don't think 350's are going into production after 2018, right? Or will they be in production for 2019? :confused:
I'd keep my lease until it runs out or get a GT. Used/new will be around for a while. The worst financial decisions IMO come from "I have a small time window". That's why dealers love to use it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
aram_g

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd keep my lease until it runs out or get a GT. Used/new will be around for a while. The worst financial decisions IMO come from "I have a small time window". That's why dealers love to use it.
So I shouldn't have a big problem getting a 2017/2018+ GT350 after May 2020 in good condition and decent mileage? I'm MORE than willing to wait...hell, I prefer waiting to have a much fatter savings before diving deep in this thing lol :eyebulge:

OP
OP
aram_g

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a '17 in like new condition with about 2,600 miles on it. Clear bra and tint. It largely sits in the garage as I drive my Raptor as my DD. I love the GT350 but just don't drive it much. I go back and forth on whether or not I'll sell it. Not far away, you could do a fly and drive back in fact.
Don't sell that thing man it's freakin gorgeous lol. Keep it and drive it on weekends!!!

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Gorgeous color and if I were in the market I’d jump on it
5DCE97C8-4694-4477-9731-DAB17520E975.jpeg

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I shouldn't have a big problem getting a 2017/2018+ GT350 after May 2020 in good condition and decent mileage? I'm MORE than willing to wait...hell, I prefer waiting to have a much fatter savings before diving deep in this thing lol :eyebulge:
No, you won't. If you want to spend that much $$. And if you can't test drive one first, don't buy one. The GT350 like the GT is high revving. They don't make their big power down low. So if you expect to get shoved back in your seat, you won't compared to a car with more low end grunt.

OP
OP
aram_g

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, you won't. If you want to spend that much $$. And if you can't test drive one first, don't buy one. The GT350 like the GT is high revving. They don't make their big power down low. So if you expect to get shoved back in your seat, you won't compared to a car with more low end grunt.
I see what you're saying but I don't want the 350 because I think it's fast, it's actually not that fast of a car relative to what's out there today. I want it because it's special, because it's in my opinion gorgeous, and it's the absolute best sounding car that I've ever heard from the factory. If I wanted something with low torque I'd probably just keep my Infiniti and add more boost haha, has pretty good torque starting at like 1600-5600 rpm. Stage 1 JB4 piggyback, it has ~350wtq with CA 91 fuel right now. It's no slouch, but it's basically silent and has no soul.
Sponsored