Sponsored

My very modest build thread

rushca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White OTT
Figured I would start my very modest (compared to others) build thread. I plan to keep the motor stock and most of my changes will be suspension related as I chase that R performance. My goal is to use as many ford performance parts as makes sense and as many of the same brand of suspension parts as possible as well for cohesion.

My current list (all ordered)
Forgeline GS1R 19x11 square in pearl gray
Ford Performance M 5700 N Kit
Vorshlag Camber plates
ZL1 Addons feathlight tow hook
ZL1 Addons rock guards

Soon to be ordered:
R Hubs
Cortex monoball front and rear
Cortex sway bar links front and rear (possibly BMR as they are about half the cost)
BMR Lockout kit level 2
MGW shifter
Caliperflexion kit
Ti break shims
Schroth Quikfit Pro
Ford catch cans

This was as carefully put together as I could make it from my research reading other builds on here and various other sources. This is relatively mild to others and maybe more extreme compared to others as well. Car is not a daily driver but will be street driven and track driven.

I will try and keep this thread updated as parts arrive. Would be easier if we had tapatalk :cheers:
Sponsored

petstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT350 TP Magnetic w OTT Black Stripes
Thanks for sharing and impressive list ! Look forward to hear and see more about your build. In particular interested to hear your feedback on the M-5700-N springs + sways and how the car behaves on street and track. Have you decided which settings you will start with on the sway bars ? I have the same kit but so far only installed the springs but most comments here are to install the sways as well as they were designed and developed as a set. Good luck with the installs.

ldp82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Genesis 5.0 & 996 cab
Very nice list. my build in similar to yours but with out the springs or sways yet. Hope to have the work done next week. Please post back with how it came out.

Sponsored

OP
OP

rushca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White OTT
How come you're upgrading R hubs vs stock hubs with ARP or MSI studs?
So I can keep my oe hubs is the only reason, OP Perfomance makes a nice kit.

They aren’t terribly expensive so I figured why not.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
So I can keep my oe hubs is the only reason, OP Perfomance makes a nice kit.

They aren’t terribly expensive so I figured why not.
Gotcha' Is it the one with the ARP studs? If not, I highly recommend them (or MSI). If you plan to take your wheels on and off a fair amount, they're a good investment. Much better threading compared to OEM.

OP
OP

rushca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White OTT
Gotcha' Is it the one with the ARP studs? If not, I highly recommend them (or MSI). If you plan to take your wheels on and off a fair amount, they're a good investment. Much better threading compared to OEM.
Yes, I have been emailing with him about that exact setup. The actual GT350hubs are not on the website but he sells them with the arp studs.

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
Yes, I have been emailing with him about that exact setup. The actual GT350hubs are not on the website but he sells them with the arp studs.
Good call. One of my favorite changes. Lug nuts too. The OEM's suck if you take off the wheels even somewhat often.

OP
OP

rushca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White OTT
Quick update:

Installed the rear ford performance springs and sway bar last Sunday and got a good start on the fronts.

Installing the passenger rear was a pain...it was for some reason more difficult to wiggle out than the driver side. In the process I stripped one of the 6mm allen bolts on the passenger side upper link. Fortunately it was the one that bolts to the sway bar so I was able to take the sway bar completely out so I could work on it on the bench. I got it off and need to order new ones, they are cheap at 10 dollars.

Hope to get the fronts done shortly, little hesitant to attack the front sway bar...even as easy as it "looks" on the how to videos I know the bolts never came off as easy they do on the videos.

What setting do most run on the rear?

Sponsored
OP
OP

rushca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White OTT
Quick update:

Ford performance package installed along with vorhslag camber plates. I set the pointer on the camber plates to the "middle" which I know means nothing until I get alignment.

I took it for a test drive last Friday and put a couple highway miles on it after the initial test drive (I'm no mechanic but fairly mechanical). After torquing everything per spec I witness marked everything to watch for movement.

I bought a set of SV502 19x11 (square) of Signaure wheels in gunmetal gray from [MENTION=20243]50 Deep[/MENTION] , same wheel ford performance school is using on the R they are building. They arrived last week as well and I was planning just to run r hubs with 25mm spacers but the r hubs are on back order so I suppose I will just run the ARP studs. I plan to do a comparison between them and forgeline GS1R (which I have on order from [MENTION=27078]Paul@PKAUTODESIGN[/MENTION] in the exact same specs. I really didn't need two sets of wheels (3 if you count the stock) but figured what the hell.

Lastly I installed a set of caliperflexion caliper studs, Tob [MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION] was really great to chat with on the phone.

I didn't get a chance to install the ZL1 tow hook as I didn't have the right tool to reach the 7mm bolt under the fender that attaches to the bumper, I need a right angle attachment of some sort.

I also I have a set of BMR low profile jacking rails on order from Jegs...they are taking forever to ship....:frusty:

This is addicting!
SV 502.jpg
Vorshlag.jpg
Front Sway.jpg
Rear.jpg
stands.jpg
Vorshlag FP Spring.jpg
Camber.jpg

Rob-17GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP, 2020 F350 Powerstroke
Figured I would start my very modest (compared to others) build thread. I plan to keep the motor stock and most of my changes will be suspension related as I chase that R performance. My goal is to use as many ford performance parts as makes sense and as many of the same brand of suspension parts as possible as well for cohesion.

My current list (all ordered)
Forgeline GS1R 19x11 square in pearl gray
Ford Performance M 5700 N Kit
Vorshlag Camber plates
ZL1 Addons feathlight tow hook
ZL1 Addons rock guards

Soon to be ordered:
R Hubs
Cortex monoball front and rear
Cortex sway bar links front and rear (possibly BMR as they are about half the cost)
BMR Lockout kit level 2
MGW shifter
Caliperflexion kit
Ti break shims
Schroth Quikfit Pro
Ford catch cans

This was as carefully put together as I could make it from my research reading other builds on here and various other sources. This is relatively mild to others and maybe more extreme compared to others as well. Car is not a daily driver but will be street driven and track driven.

I will try and keep this thread updated as parts arrive. Would be easier if we had tapatalk :cheers:
Sorry, to revive an old thread. Could you please measure the distance from the ground to the bottom of the splitter in front of the tires? I'd like to install the FP springs but I have to use 3" tall race ramps in order to get the car on my 2-post lift. Don't feel like having to use additional puzzle pieces to get the car on the lift.
Thank you!

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Keep that rear bar stock for a while if you haven't gotten a lot of track time yet. You'd be amazed at how capable the rear end is already is with that BMR Lockout Kit.
Sponsored