Sponsored

2019 Camaro refresh to compete with 2018 Mustang refresh

samlee27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Looks like Chevy fans will have to experience what we Mustang fans went through to get used to the new refresh! Adding the RS appearance package to an LT-trim Camaro brings a polished black grille with chrome lower inserts, new LED headlamps, 20-inch wheels, and an RS-specific rear bumper with a diffuser. Changes to the V-8–powered SS include a pair of additional LED lamps up front and a two-piece grille design incorporating the “flowtie” air intake emblem on a black crossbar. GM took a lot of design quotes from the Camaro we saw for Bumblebee's design in the latest Transformers. ZL1 to remain the same, similar to how Ford kept the GT350 unchanged despite the refresh. Chevy quotes that they did not change the ZL1's front end because it was already optimized for aerodynamics. All auto Camaros will come standard with the 10 speed automatic co-developed by Ford and GM currently in the Raptor, Mustang GT, and Zl1. The turbo-four now comes with the 1LE package making 275hp and 295lb-ft of torque. No other numbers have been mentioned for the V6 or V8, but Chevy said that the engines will carry over. http://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevrolet/camaro/2019/2019-chevrolet-camaro-first-look-review/
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/2019-chevrolet-camaro-lineup-gets-an-evolutionary-update-news

$.jpg

$.jpg

$.jpg
2019-chevrolet-camaro-20t-1le-brings-track-chops-to-the-turbo-news-car-and-driver-photo-706798-s.jpg
2019-chevrolet-camaross-003.jpg
2019-chevrolet-camaross-004.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

BoostLoading

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Yeah this was going to be my deciding factor on what car I was going to get with the 10 speed auto... looks likes it's going to be a 2019 mustang GT

Allerick

First Time Mustang Buyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang (DIB 2.3T w/ Ceramic Int.)
Man I really don't like that blacked out front grill. I like the current version's front a lot more. I do like the tail lights though! I thought the current taillights were a bit too boring.

magnetticmadness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium OW 10spd
2019 camaro vs 2018 mustang

So the new refreshed Camaro just came out and I have to say, personally, I think the front end looks hideous. When the 18 Mustang first came out I wasn't a part of the group that thought the nose looked bad. I actually loved the 18 the minute it came out. This front end just looks less aggressive to me. Again that's a personal preference! Let's hear everyone's thoughts below!

Oh and the taillights remind of the Raxiom circle taillights...not a good thing lol.
camaro-p1.jpg
camaro-p3.jpg
camaro-p7.jpg

Sponsored

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I like the tail lights, the front looks weird.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
That rear end is effing gross.

Love the way the 16-18 Camaro looks, but this is downright disgusting. They going in the wrong direction.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
[MENTION=10422]Ace[/MENTION] are you getting this new one or the pre-FL?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Wow.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse. What the hell. :eyebulge:

Get ready for some even worse sales numbers.
Sponsored