Sponsored

The Down and Dirty ADM Thread

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
So, after a two-month journey, I have finally found my GT350R at $1500 over sticker. It was not exactly what I was looking for, but I found you can't be picky. I thought I would pass on my experience and the results of my research in the hope that one of the enthusiasts on this site worthy of this tremendous car might get lucky too. My first experience was at a large local dealership who had a base 2017 non-R GT350 at $20k over sticker (it's still there, and still priced the same. What jackwagons.)

I have a list of 11 2017 GT350R VIN's from dealerships that might be willing to deal. if you are:

Serious and ready to buy a 2017 model now
Don't care too much about colors
Are either willing to travel and drive home your car or have it shipped

PM me and I'll send you the list of VIN's. Dump them in the search tool of your choice.

Here's how I found my car:
I had a spreadsheet of 40 new cars that I whittled down to just two that were in my price range. On one car I agreed to purchase it, sent a copy of my license and insurance card, booked a flight and a rental car, and sent my itinerary to the salesperson. One day before my flight, I got an e-mail from the salesperson telling me that they had sold it to someone else-no courtesy call or an opportunity to match or beat the offer. BARF.
Later, I found my car at at a small dealership an hour outside a major city-they had had the car for 5 months. The owner special-ordered the car to keep for himself, but then decided to retire. So I got lucky, the right place at the right time, etc.
Here is what might help:

Be nice.

Use autolist.com to view how long the car has been at the dealership. It's not 100% accurate, but it helps. Cars.com also lets you sort by list date. There are cars that are not listed on autotrader or cars.com or ebay, but they will be listed on autolist or on the Shop Ford website. The Shop Ford Inventory Search tool sucks because they limit your search to 100 miles from a specific zip. Yes, I entered zips for every region I was willing to travel to to buy a GT350R. There are probably easier ways to find this data, but I wasn't able to find it. Let me know if you know of a better method.

See if you can find the Internet or other sales manager on their website or through linkedin and deal directly with them via e-mail first, or by phone if there is no e-mail address available. They may shunt you to a salesperson, but at least they'll know who you are and that you are a serious buyer before the buying process begins.
If it's a small dealership, try the owner. In my case I got lucky and I worked with the dealership owner directly. If you do make contact by phone, ask for an e-mail address and request that all further correspondence take place via e-mail. This gives you control of the communication process and provides a record of communication.

Let them know that you are an enthusiast and not a collector. This may not make a difference at the majority of dealerships, but it did for me. If your car is going to sit in a garage and be wiped down daily with a diaper, then you are part of the problem. These cars were designed and engineered by Ford to be experienced by enthusiasts at a track at a specific price point. If you are not going to track your car and obtain some sort of quality high-performance driving education, then you will never be able to truly experience the full capability of this world-class car in a safe environment without putting yourself and others at risk. <steps off soapbox>

It helps to be a veteran or member of law enforcement. If you are, ask them if they have any veteran's programs or if they partner with USAA with their car buying service, even if you won't use it or you are not a USAA member.

Wait until a day or two before the end of the month if possible before contacting the dealership. If you have reached out to a dealership, contact them again every month at the end of the month to see if they will deal.

If at the end, a dealer is not willing to discuss a reasonable price, ask them to reconsider. Tell them that the people who are willing to pay $10K or more over sticker have already bought one. Mention that the 2018 cars are shipping, that Ford just announced the GT500, and that there are rumors of a 2019 GT350 production run.
Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
So, after a two-month journey, I have finally found my GT350R at $1500 over sticker. It was not exactly what I was looking for, but I found you can't be picky. I thought I would pass on my experience and the results of my research in the hope that one of the enthusiasts on this site worthy of this tremendous car might get lucky too. My first experience was at a large local dealership who had a base 2017 non-R GT350 at $20k over sticker (it's still there, and still priced the same. What jackwagons.)

I have a list of 11 2017 GT350R VIN's from dealerships that might be willing to deal. if you are:

Serious and ready to buy a 2017 model now
Don't care too much about colors
Are either willing to travel and drive home your car or have it shipped

PM me and I'll send you the list of VIN's. Dump them in the search tool of your choice.

Here's how I found my car:
I had a spreadsheet of 40 new cars that I whittled down to just two that were in my price range. On one car I agreed to purchase it, sent a copy of my license and insurance card, booked a flight and a rental car, and sent my itinerary to the salesperson. One day before my flight, I got an e-mail from the salesperson telling me that they had sold it to someone else-no courtesy call or an opportunity to match or beat the offer. BARF.
Later, I found my car at at a small dealership an hour outside a major city-they had had the car for 5 months. The owner special-ordered the car to keep for himself, but then decided to retire. So I got lucky, the right place at the right time, etc.
Here is what might help:

Be nice.

Use autolist.com to view how long the car has been at the dealership. It's not 100% accurate, but it helps. Cars.com also lets you sort by list date. There are cars that are not listed on autotrader or cars.com or ebay, but they will be listed on autolist or on the Shop Ford website. The Shop Ford Inventory Search tool sucks because they limit your search to 100 miles from a specific zip. Yes, I entered zips for every region I was willing to travel to to buy a GT350R. There are probably easier ways to find this data, but I wasn't able to find it. Let me know if you know of a better method.

See if you can find the Internet or other sales manager on their website or through linkedin and deal directly with them via e-mail first, or by phone if there is no e-mail address available. They may shunt you to a salesperson, but at least they'll know who you are and that you are a serious buyer before the buying process begins.
If it's a small dealership, try the owner. In my case I got lucky and I worked with the dealership owner directly. If you do make contact by phone, ask for an e-mail address and request that all further correspondence take place via e-mail. This gives you control of the communication process and provides a record of communication.

Let them know that you are an enthusiast and not a collector. This may not make a difference at the majority of dealerships, but it did for me. If your car is going to sit in a garage and be wiped down daily with a diaper, then you are part of the problem. These cars were designed and engineered by Ford to be experienced by enthusiasts at a track at a specific price point. If you are not going to track your car and obtain some sort of quality high-performance driving education, then you will never be able to truly experience the full capability of this world-class car in a safe environment without putting yourself and others at risk. <steps off soapbox>

It helps to be a veteran or member of law enforcement. If you are, ask them if they have any veteran's programs or if they partner with USAA with their car buying service, even if you won't use it or you are not a USAA member.

Wait until a day or two before the end of the month if possible before contacting the dealership. If you have reached out to a dealership, contact them again every month at the end of the month to see if they will deal.

If at the end, a dealer is not willing to discuss a reasonable price, ask them to reconsider. Tell them that the people who are willing to pay $10K or more over sticker have already bought one. Mention that the 2018 cars are shipping, that Ford just announced the GT500, and that there are rumors of a 2019 GT350 production run.
With all due respect since the R models were launched in the summer of 2015 I would suggest that pretty much all of the above has been covered during one time or another with Ford already having sold ~1650 R models to us enthusiasts since the launch of the GT350R back in July/August 2015.

For what it is worth I am an automotive enthusiast first and a collector second and can tell you that based on my experience after purchasing a number of new generation GT350/R's that Ford dealerships could care less as to what your intentions are for an R model or any other car for that matter as they just want to sell cars.

Congratulations on purchasing an R model and look forward to hopefully seeing some pictures of your new ride and can tell you that you will not be disappointed!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Tard, I have to hand it to you. You are one thorough SOB. Congrats on your success.

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Noticed several of the dealers in DFW area have GT350's in stock and are asking MSRP, but one is asking $10K over MSRP. :headbonk:
Town East - grey R. 15k over
Grapevine - 2 R's. 20k over

Berkshire Hathaway recently bought both of these dealerships.

F.. 'em

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
PP001, well, if we're going that route, I disagree...I used to sell new cars back in the day, so I understand your point, but the landscape has changed for the reasons specified in my post, and it made a difference for me and the dealer I purchased from that I was an enthusiast. If I were a collector, he probably wouldn't have sold the car to me at that price. There are tips like this scattered over this site and on the Internet, but not in one place, at least not that I have found. It is targeted for prospective buyers coming into the game a little late, as I did. Frankly, your post is not really helpful, and so I wish you would adhere to the idea that if you don't have something positive to say, don't say anything at all. And finally, the saying is, "Ford dealerships couldn't care less."

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
PP001, well, if we're going that route, I disagree...I used to sell new cars back in the day, so I understand your point, but the landscape has changed for the reasons specified in my post, and it made a difference for me and the dealer I purchased from that I was an enthusiast. If I were a collector, he probably wouldn't have sold the car to me at that price. There are tips like this scattered over this site and on the Internet, but not in one place, at least not that I have found. It is targeted for prospective buyers coming into the game a little late, as I did. Frankly, your post is not really helpful, and so I wish you would adhere to the idea that if you don't have something positive to say, don't say anything at all. And finally, the saying is, "Ford dealerships couldn't care less."
With respect to not having something positive to say maybe reread your own post whereby you called one dealership jackwagons and then go onto to tell all of us R model enthusiasts how an R model is only be used as you mentioned stepping off your soapbox.

I certainly understand your intent in order to help many enthusiasts with respect to purchasing an R model but to post all of the do's and don'ts with respect to buying an R model at this stage of the game is a little hard to comprehend especially after these cars have already been out for the last ~32 months.

Hope that you enjoy your new R model!

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
Mm-hm...I think I'll go on living my life instead.

With respect to not having something positive to say maybe reread your own post whereby you called one dealership jackwagons and then go onto to tell all of us R model enthusiasts how an R model is only be used as you mentioned stepping off your soapbox.

I certainly understand your intent in order to help many enthusiasts with respect to purchasing an R model but to post all of the do's and don'ts with respect to buying an R model at this stage of the game is a little hard to comprehend especially after these cars have already been out for the last ~32 months.

Hope that you enjoy your new R model!

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
So what is the going rate for new GT350Rs in California currently? I live in Los Angeles and did a local inventory search on Ford.com, and noticed that the non R's can be had for around MSRP. When I did a search for Rs, I didn't see any mark up mentioned, and when I clicked on the window sticker, it just showed the MSRP price of 69K. Are they just not advertising the mark up? I'm looking to buy sometime this year, so I'm not ready to start calling all the dealers just yet. I'm also curious to see what they do with the 2019 model.

Thanks!

agentscreech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT350
Any R that's listed at MSRP are usually Auto generated when the car is ordered or allocated. The window sticker will never have and ADM.

Sometimes the dealer corrects the listing to include the final price, other times they just use it to get people to call on it.

When I was scraping listings hourly, I saw several that the dealers weren't even aware they were getting and made up a price on the spot or said it was already sold (usually to the owner of the dealership) and shouldn't have been listed in the first place.

You're just going to have to do the leg work to see if there are any that are listed for MSRP then check to see what the actual price is by calling.

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I had a Dealer try to tell me 10K on a white/blue stripe GT350 yesterday. Then also try to tell me that used 2017's are still going for 61K. SOm dealers are just living in their own little worlds... and then there is this guy:

https://www.pittsvilleford.com/auto/new-2017-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-pittsville-md/19317993/

I emailed to find out if its real, but I have a feeling ~4k off sticker is a misprint.

EDIT: The dealer says the price IS correct. 56,995 + tax /tags! That's a really good deal.

Last edited:

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
These were posted in the "leads" thread recently..... Check out the thread for details on the users who posted each of these, as I have no knowledge of either offering.... just reposting for your benefit.

"I just got a call from https://www.southbayford.com/ in Hawthorne, CA (LA area). They have two brand new 2017 GT350Rs, one is avalanche grey and the other one is oxford white with blue stripes. They are willing to do $5K ADM which is not bad for SoCal. Ask for Simon if anyone is interested."

"Dick Smith Ford at Kansas city has a 2017 Magnetic GT350 for 3.5K under MSRP. Contact Lenny Johnson (816) 353-1495."

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
These were posted in the "leads" thread recently..... Check out the thread for details on the users who posted each of these, as I have no knowledge of either offering.... just reposting for your benefit.

"I just got a call from https://www.southbayford.com/ in Hawthorne, CA (LA area). They have two brand new 2017 GT350Rs, one is avalanche grey and the other one is oxford white with blue stripes. They are willing to do $5K ADM which is not bad for SoCal. Ask for Simon if anyone is interested."

"Dick Smith Ford at Kansas city has a 2017 Magnetic GT350 for 3.5K under MSRP. Contact Lenny Johnson (816) 353-1495."
I will be in Kansas City this weekend if anyone wants me to look at this car for them?

;)

aguilar310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302 #1235
So what is the going rate for new GT350Rs in California currently? I live in Los Angeles and did a local inventory search on Ford.com, and noticed that the non R's can be had for around MSRP. When I did a search for Rs, I didn't see any mark up mentioned, and when I clicked on the window sticker, it just showed the MSRP price of 69K. Are they just not advertising the mark up? I'm looking to buy sometime this year, so I'm not ready to start calling all the dealers just yet. I'm also curious to see what they do with the 2019 model.

Thanks!
In LA the going rate for a non-R is still about $10K ADM you may be able to find a dealer with a 17’ and work the deal but the ADM will still be on the car when you walk in. What I have been doing is looking for stock on the Ford site then going to the Dealer website for the real price. This will usually show the total price with ADM if not it will read “call for price”. “R” models are going for $15-20K in the Los Angeles area. Even used R’s are posted @$80K. Los Angeles sucks for any performance vehicles. Honda Type R $10k, Raptor $15K RS $5k. I’m either going to buy used or out of state. 2019 Mustang will stay the same, rumored 2019 GT 350 would be nice but the ADM will continue and just wait until the GT500 comes out ADMs will be $20-30K in the beginning and God helps us if there is a GT500 R model.