Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I think I read somewhere that the EDD is just based on average time that it's taking cars to reach delivery. If your car is going by rail then the time can vary quite a bit from EDD depending on how long it has to wait on a train going your way.

I read recently that Ford wants to become a "technology company". They're going to have to do a lot better at things like COTUS if they expect to have success at that.
Sponsored

Quarter Horse

Deathstroke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium
I agree. This whole process has me jaded. It will be 14 days tomorrow since my car went to “In-Transit” and it still hasn’t arrived from a 3 hour away drive. I’m seeing other dealers get their cars but mine hasn’t come yet. I seriously considered getting a White GT I found in Oregon, OH. Ford really needs to do better.

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I think I read somewhere that the EDD is just based on average time that it's taking cars to reach delivery. If your car is going by rail then the time can vary quite a bit from EDD depending on how long it has to wait on a train going your way.

I read recently that Ford wants to become a "technology company". They're going to have to do a lot better at things like COTUS if they expect to have success at that.
:lol:
But tbh, they're and always have been a tech company, but since nowadays the phrase tech company is more like information technology company, Ford has a lot to catch up with.

fury88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GT Premium Convertible - Legend Lime
Still missing EDD this morning as well. I can't believe they screwed the system on this one. I had it 3 weeks ago and BAM still gone. LMAO

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
Still missing EDD this morning as well. I can't believe they screwed the system on this one. I had it 3 weeks ago and BAM still gone. LMAO
Mine is still missing too! :(

Sponsored

Czs550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Vehicle(s)
2018 10r80 GT, Lightning Blue
I agree. This whole process has me jaded. It will be 14 days tomorrow since my car went to “In-Transit” and it still hasn’t arrived from a 3 hour away drive. I’m seeing other dealers get their cars but mine hasn’t come yet. I seriously considered getting a White GT I found in Oregon, OH. Ford really needs to do better.
Hey man I live in the Cleveland area too, what dealer did you order your car from?

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
Ordered 10/12, build date 12/12, and it'll ship after going through FCPA.

Cyrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
I suspected that mine was still in Michigan after being marked as 'in transit' on 11/12 and given an EDD of 11/29. I learned yesterday that what I suspected was true. It was merely moved from the plant to the railyard 17 miles from the plant. It was actually put on a rail car on 11/26 and I was given a new EDD of 12/9. This process is messed up. 2 weeks sitting in a railyard after already sitting 3 weeks, post production, at the plant!!!!

PTM5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT PP A10
I suspected that mine was still in Michigan after being marked as 'in transit' on 11/12 and given an EDD of 11/29. I learned yesterday that what I suspected was true. It was merely moved from the plant to the railyard 17 miles from the plant. It was actually put on a rail car on 11/26 and I was given a new EDD of 12/9. This process is messed up. 2 weeks sitting in a railyard after already sitting 3 weeks, post production, at the plant!!!!
Be patient. It was still at the factory for a reason after being built. As for as the rail yard, they hold them until they have the right amount to ship on cars going to an area.

Quarter Horse

Deathstroke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Hey man I live in the Cleveland area too, what dealer did you order your car from?
I ordered from Auto Nation East. My last three Fords came from their Westlake store back when they were John Lance. Didn’t go back to them because my old sales manager is now at Chevy and the guy they gave me sucked.
Shoot me a PM and we can meet up sometime.

How did you go about finding out it sat? Mine has been in transit for two weeks today. Another dealer has the same car with an additional two options that was ordered a month and six days after mine, went into production, awaiting shipment, and transit the same day as mine (11/14), and was delivered on 11/17 even though its 120+ miles south of my dealer. Yet I’m still waiting. Talked with them yesterday about purchasing that car instead. If my dealer doesn’t have an update today I’m taking the drive tomorrow morning to pick it up.

Be patient. It was still at the factory for a reason after being built. As for as the rail yard, they hold them until they have the right amount to ship on cars going to an area.
Why do you think it was held at the factory if it were all set and ready go? My window sticker says it should be coming by truck. Does it really take two weeks to fill a truck with 8-10 cars?

Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Why do you think it was held at the factory if it were all set and ready go? My window sticker says it should be coming by truck. Does it really take two weeks to fill a truck with 8-10 cars?
Usually they sit if there are quality issues. Seems to be common with the first run vehicles.

Cyrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible

I ordered from Auto Nation East. My last three Fords came from their Westlake store back when they were John Lance. Didn’t go back to them because my old sales manager is now at Chevy and the guy they gave me sucked.
Shoot me a PM and we can meet up sometime.

How did you go about finding out it sat? Mine has been in transit for two weeks today. Another dealer has the same car with an additional two options that was ordered a month and six days after mine, went into production, awaiting shipment, and transit the same day as mine (11/14), and was delivered on 11/17 even though its 120+ miles south of my dealer. Yet I’m still waiting. Talked with them yesterday about purchasing that car instead. If my dealer doesn’t have an update today I’m taking the drive tomorrow morning to pick it up.

Have your dealer run a Vehicle Visiility report. It will show when the car left the plant and tell them where it sat waiting for a railcar. Mine left the plant on 11/12, and the next entry was 11/26 when it was loaded onto a railcar. Today at 6:35AM EST, the railcar was in Ohio.

My dealer told me, today, that the car will go to Norfolk VA, then to Winston-Salem NC before being loaded on a truck for the final move to Wilmington NC. I'm checking back with the dealer on Friday.

As for Production, COTUS tells you when production was finished. Since it was finished before any Mustangs were released, it had to be re-inspected. All Mustangs were released on 10/25. I received that info from BlueOvalForum and from my cousin, a Ford Exec, that gives me an update when I get frustrated with the dealer. My car was produced on 10/19 and was first moved to in transit on 11/12, ironically, 2 days after I questioned why it was still sitting at the plant (per COTUS). Bottom Line, your dealer has the transit stats, you just may have to get to a Manager to get it. Your salesman may not have access.

Quarter Horse

Deathstroke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Cyrus. Went up to the dealer at lunch. Waiting to hear back now. I’ll ask about the visibility report when I speak with them. Sales manager was calling the person that does their ordering when I left. Hope it all gets resolved soon but looks like Ford is waiting to build the other 4 cars they ordered to ship mine. Weather has been great here and it’s pissing me off I can’t get out and enjoy it.

Cyrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Weather has been great here and it’s kissing me off I can’t get out and enjoy it.
It's been very nice down here, as well. I'm more than anxious for its arrival.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Have your dealer run a Vehicle Visiility report. It will show when the car left the plant and tell them where it sat waiting for a railcar. Mine left the plant on 11/12, and the next entry was 11/26 when it was loaded onto a railcar. Today at 6:35AM EST, the railcar was in Ohio.

My dealer told me, today, that the car will go to Norfolk VA, then to Winston-Salem NC before being loaded on a truck for the final move to Wilmington NC. I'm checking back with the dealer on Friday.

As for Production, COTUS tells you when production was finished. Since it was finished before any Mustangs were released, it had to be re-inspected. All Mustangs were released on 10/25. I received that info from BlueOvalForum and from my cousin, a Ford Exec, that gives me an update when I get frustrated with the dealer. My car was produced on 10/19 and was first moved to in transit on 11/12, ironically, 2 days after I questioned why it was still sitting at the plant (per COTUS). Bottom Line, your dealer has the transit stats, you just may have to get to a Manager to get it. Your salesman may not have access.
FYI in 2014/2015 there was a "vehicle history report" which sounds the same as the visibility report now. If you can get a copy it may include the rail car number. A sticky explains how to track your car using the rail car number.

FYI in 2014/2015 my car was manufactured just before Christmas and was on a rail car before Christmas and spent Christmas in Ohio. Norfolk Southern delivered via Roanoke (not Norfolk which would be out of the way) to Walkertown, NC (near Winston-Salem) and then by truck to Asheboro Ford.
Sponsored