Sponsored

Sway Bars - Endlinks required?

tubingchamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Hi there,

I have a suspension shop installing all of my gear today (FRPP Struts, Steeda Linear Springs, Eibach Sways).

They mentioned that I probably want to get some new end links, because the stock ones may break..

I'm wondering - how much of a panic is this? Should I hold off on hard cornering until I get some, or will the stock ones hold up (just wear out quickly?)

I do plan on ordering some within the next few days, but it will be a couple weeks until install.

Thanks
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
The stock front endlinks bend with stock suspension components. We have seen a lot of bent front endlinks, but I think I've only seen one broken one.

I think you'd good for a bit, especially if you don't have extra grippy racing tires on there, but definitely order some good front endlinks and put them on as soon as you can.

The fron swaybar install is a PITA, so if the shop is ready to do that, no reason to hold off. endlinks are relatively easy to put on after the fact.

OP
OP
tubingchamp

tubingchamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
The stock front endlinks bend with stock suspension components. We have seen a lot of bent front endlinks, but I think I've only seen one broken one.
Suspension won't be stock, have steeda linear springs + FRPP Struts going on, as well as the thicker sway bars. I'm assuming that this will just be exacerbated with some aftermarket parts on :)

The fron swaybar install is a PITA, so if the shop is ready to do that, no reason to hold off. endlinks are relatively easy to put on after the fact.
Do I need to get an alignment after installing endlinks?

Thanks for your reply :)

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
given your springs and shocks, better front end links would be a good idea. You might be fine w/o them, I can’t say exactly how likely it will be for them to break, but a minor bend is very common with the stock endlinks.

Alignment isn’t needed at all if you’re just replacing endlinks

OP
OP
tubingchamp

tubingchamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
given your springs and shocks, better front end links would be a good idea. You might be fine w/o them, I can’t say exactly how likely it will be for them to break, but a minor bend is very common with the stock endlinks.

Alignment isn’t needed at all if you’re just replacing endlinks
Sweet.

Will pick up some Steeda's ASAP and swap em out on my own.

Appreciate the insight. Going to do some corner carving tomorrow, and some rougher terrain.. Here's to hoping they survive the trip :)
Sponsored