Sponsored

fore fuel system install

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for installing the fore setup?
Sponsored

Last edited:

stingerbtry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GTP PP

stingerbtry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GTP PP

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Just did it. What’s your question

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
are you using a controller? your going to t into the yellow / gray wire for your trigger, whichever way you set up, you want to keep your stock fpdm installed and working

Sponsored

OP
OP

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
sorry I was posting for a friend that was installing his. I was surprised they did not supply a wiring diagram. he was just told you can wire it one of two ways and no real instructions.

s550cano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
are you using a controller? your going to t into the yellow / gray wire for your trigger, whichever way you set up, you want to keep your stock fpdm installed and working
How do you wire it when staging the triple pump w/FC3? I appreciate any help.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
if your staging you'll use a hobbs switch for the trigger for the other 2, if your running all together you jump off the #1 pump

CHIWS6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RICH
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
What if it’s a 2 pump setup? 1 is running all the time and the other pump on a hobs switch?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
fc2 can run 2 pumps all the time, fc3 can run 2 or 3 pumps, and run all the time or stage them. fc3 also has 4ga wiring vs 6, so i'm always a fan of the fc3

Sponsored

Tysmith1717

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Help with how the lines are gonna run?!? And which fittings go where?!?
IMG_2051.jpeg
IMG_2052.jpeg
IMG_2053.jpeg

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Man it seems like you're in deep over your head. That's what these forums are for, to help people learn and work through things themselves, but this is probably one of those ventures that you either need someone locally to you that has experience or an experienced shop to help you out.

Generally speaking, you're going to run a feed line from the pump basket, through a filter on your way to the engine bay. once the line is into the engine bay, at some point you're going to split the line with the Y block to feed each rail side. Then after the rail, you're going to combine those lines back together into a single line that passes through the pressure regulator. The single line that exits the regulator will be routed BACK to the fuel tank and that's your return line. The plumbing, fittings (with specific bends and sizes) etc is all kinda setup to be installed in a particular configuration. You can deviate from that configuration but it'll make the install more difficult and might require additional or different fittings.

With something as crucial as the fuel system, I would suggest trying to find someone in your local car group that can help or maybe even talk to a shop (if you don't want to pay them). This is something that if you don't get it correct, could pose major threats to your motor. Fuel delivery is crucial to the safety of a motor.

The wiring, unlike the plumbing, can be set up in quite a few different configurations, so again, you need some help/guidance (in person) on how you'll configure the system. As Terry (beefcake) pointed out, you'll want to reference the yellow wire with the grey stripe on your factory FPDM (that wire goes to your OEM fuel hat). This will give you the OEM functionality of initial on, momentary prime cycle, etc. There's another wire you can reference that's solid "key on."

Once you reference that trigger for your first pump, as Terry (Beefcake pointed out) if you decide to stage the pumps, you'll then use the Hobbs switch (pressure activated switch) to kick on the additional pump(s). You should have relays for each pump electrical feed. If you want to run all three pumps on all the time, then you'll simply use the yellow/grey wire as your trigger/reference for all the pump relays.

I can't stress enough how important it is to use a FUNCTIONAL, APPROPRIATE, PERFORMING ground connection. That usually involves a dremel and scraping away any primer or paint to expose bare metal to a chassis component with an appropriate bolt or fastener to secure. Additionally, you need to ensure that you do proper electrical connections (preferably soldered) so that the whole system is connected and grounded properly. If you don't do this correctly, you'll have frustrations from a system that either doesn't perform as expected or burns up pumps and/or fuses. You need to ensure you install the fuses correctly in the correct location to protect you from fire hazard.

There's quite a bit to the installation of a big time fuel system. It isn't rocket surgery, but if you don't know what you're doing, it's complicated enough that you ideally get some help IN PERSON.

LS1Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
You can look at my Thread in this section. I believe I have some pics of how my fuel lines are ran.

Also on Fore's website they show the general routing of the lines.

For the fittings you can mix and match them so they run the cleanest route.

I can take pics later tonight of how mine is ran if you need.

I also run my 2 pumps all the time. I do not trust a hobbs switch with a vacuum line to save my motor. Not the most efficient way but it is piece of mind for me.

LS1Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I took pictures in sequence of where the lines go. I did buy a few fittings so I could run the lines as clean as possible. It is a little intimidating but if you take your time it all falls into place.

20230517_174134.jpg

20230517_174146.jpg

20230517_174149.jpg

20230517_174212.jpg

20230517_174229.jpg

Unas2k5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samer
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ,2019 Impala
I heard the install is a nightmare. There’s a couple YouTube videos. The lowest price for install I found was $1250-$1400.
Sponsored