Sponsored

Brembo 6 piston conversion, brake hoses

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
I'm installing a set of 6 piston Brembos/rotors on my EB PP. The Brembos came with the GT PP brake hoses, which are slightly different than the standard 4 piston hoses. Can the GT PP hoses be used, or should I swap them for the 4 piston hoses?
Sponsored

Last edited:

GuardEcoBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 16 Ecoboost
I believe the directions Ive seen say to use the new GT lines.

OP
OP
SVO MkII

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I should add that I bought these as new "take offs", not the Ford Performance kit. I realize the FP kit comes with new hoses, and those hoses look just like the 4 piston hoses, not like the GT PP hoses. Maybe I just answered my own question?

OP
OP
SVO MkII

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For closure sake...I wound up using the 4 piston lines. Worked out fine. The GT PP lines have an additional mounting bracket, so the strut must be different, accommodating this additional bracket.

16EcomustangDIB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Camaro SS1LE
I also just bought the same take off kit, did you need to change the dust shields?

Sponsored

16EcomustangDIB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Camaro SS1LE
Got mine off eBay. Shelbyauctions is the sellers name.

OP
OP
SVO MkII

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got mine off eBay. Shelbyauctions is the sellers name.
Yep, this is where I bought mine. This is Shelby American. They take these off new GT PP cars that they are converting into Super Snakes. I got mine for $610, plus shipping. It is brand new, all stickers still on the parts, etc. In effect, you are getting the new 6 piston set up for less than half the cost of buying it as a kit.

With respect to dust shields. It appears as though the GT PP kit has dust shields that are probably acting as heat shields for the tie rod end and ball joint. Since the rotors are vented internally, it makes sense to open them up in back (at some point I'll duct in cooling hoses). I trimmed the stock EB PP shields back so that only the bottom part was left, providing the same shielding that the GT PP shields would.

16EcomustangDIB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Camaro SS1LE
Hmmnn, it's weird that i paid the same amount of $610 and so as the last two winners of the other two listings that I was watching. And to add to the conspiracy, it seems like the same group of bidders on there and they never bid past $600. I smell something fishy here. :confused:

OP
OP
SVO MkII

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmnn, it's weird that i paid the same amount of $610 and so as the last two winners of the other two listings that I was watching. And to add to the conspiracy, it seems like the same group of bidders on there and they never bid past $600. I smell something fishy here. :confused:
Well, it's certainly possible that the shop is bidding it up themselves. However, they are taking the risk that they win the auction, in which case they have to pay Ebay the commission. If they don't want to let them go for less than $600, they'd be better off putting that as the minimum. But who knows :shrug:

I felt $610 was fair for essentially new calipers, pads, and rotors.

Sponsored

16EcomustangDIB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Camaro SS1LE
yeah it's still a good price but you know, its' the principle!

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I just put a pair of 6 piston Brembo calipers on my 2016 GT (non-PP) and a pair of BrakeMotive slotted/drilled rotors.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Dril...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I used my original 4 piston brake lines with the 6 piston calipers, no-problem.

And I didn't need to change the rotor shields, the 4 piston shields that came on the car do just fine.

Hope that helps.
Sponsored