Sponsored

Introduce yourself!!

MPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hi everybody. I'm new here but not to Mustangs. I'm 42 and have had 7 Mustangs. My first when I was 18 was a 1989 LX 5.0. My current car is a 2011 5.0 and I've basically had each style in between ('97 GT, '99 GT, '06 GT, '07 GT, and 2010 GT)so if history repeats itself I will probably own the next generation when it arrives. I am anxious to see what it's gonna be, maybe since Chevy just introduced the face lifted 2014 Camaro Ford will start teasing us with some real 2015 pics. I imagine we will start seeing near production ready fully camo covered 2015s real soon.

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Hi everybody. I'm new here but not to Mustangs. I'm 42 and have had 7 Mustangs. My first when I was 18 was a 1989 LX 5.0. My current car is a 2011 5.0 and I've basically had each style in between ('97 GT, '99 GT, '06 GT, '07 GT, and 2010 GT)so if history repeats itself I will probably own the next generation when it arrives. I am anxious to see what it's gonna be, maybe since Chevy just introduced the face lifted 2014 Camaro Ford will start teasing us with some real 2015 pics. I imagine we will start seeing near production ready fully camo covered 2015s real soon.
Welcome to the site.

And always good to see such a veteran Mustang owner join up. :cheers:

Gotta admit GM made quite a splash today with the 2014 model and Z28 surprise. Ford must be chomping at the bit to wrestle back some of the spotlight. Show us an advanced prototype tomorrow please! :D

Oblivion/2

Hello peoples, been searching for a 2015 specific site since I am thinking about upgrading and all anyone seems to care about on the other forums are the older models. I think we see news pick up real soon that we are within 12 months of the release. I have owned in total 3 Mustangs on 3 platforms (fox, sn95, s197) dating back to the 87 GT, then 94 GT, and currently drive a 09 GT500 conv. The car is basically stock right now but it has the red stripe appearance package (29 made). Personally can't wait to see yet another platform and think the retro look is getting a bit dated. Excited to see what Ford can do with a blend of more modern styling.

2015mustang-mule2.jpg

jaguar-f-type.jpg
2009gt500-3.JPG
2009gt500-4.JPG

Melino

Hi, I'm Josef, live in Germany and own a 2006 GT Convertible. Well I think it's time to change and so I'm waiting for the 2015 Model.
Greetings to everybody here at this site.
Hey Josef, I saw that you're in Germany and it's always been a wish of mine to drive a Mustang on the autobahn. I'm curious, are they for sale at local dealers in Germany now? I know in the past you could only buy them in the states and pay a load of money to ship it over and pay import taxes and all kinds of fees, change out the lights, etc. Is this still true?

I imagine it must be rare to see Mustangs? Do most people prefer the v6 for the better MPG? Would love to be able to drive a gt500 in a way that does justice to that engine without getting arrested. :D

Sponsored

stangray11

I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Ray, live outside Detroit, and been a lover of Mustangs my whole life. I'm here because I got tired of some of the old Mustang sites, chock full of old codgers who are stuck in the past. I guess that's the flip side of having a brand with such a long history (which is a good thing of course). I can't believe we're in 2013 and still have people bemoaning IRS because of the old school drag racers. Who cares. I have loved to varying degrees every iteration of the Mustang since the late 70s, but I'm ready for Ford to take us into the next chapter of the story. Look at Camaro fans with the Camaro5. There's plenty of d-bags on there but what I give them credit for is their fans have embraced the 5th gen change and taken the brand to a whole other level. They are a passionate and cohesive group which is more than I can say about a lot of fellow Mustang fans. Hoping this site can one day help us reach similar levels so I can call it my (online) second home.

Here's a picture of my 2003 Mustang SVT Cobra. I'm selling it unfortunately and will use my second car as DD for now while I await the 2015 Mustang. Hope to get to know some of you guys on here.

camaro ss transformers 4.jpg
VQ_800.jpg

KC_Drifter

hello newbie here... cool site, found it through a carscoop link. i'm ready for this car already... it's been too long of a wait to change out my '07! :mad:

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I can't believe we're in 2013 and still have people bemoaning IRS because of the old school drag racers. Who cares. I have loved to varying degrees every iteration of the Mustang since the late 70s, but I'm ready for Ford to take us into the next chapter of the story. Look at Camaro fans with the Camaro5. There's plenty of d-bags on there but what I give them credit for is their fans have embraced the 5th gen change and taken the brand to a whole other level. They are a passionate and cohesive group which is more than I can say about a lot of fellow Mustang fans. Hoping this site can one day help us reach similar levels so I can call it my (online) second home.

Here's a picture of my 2003 Mustang SVT Cobra. I'm selling it unfortunately and will use my second car as DD for now while I await the 2015 Mustang. Hope to get to know some of you guys on here.
camaro ss transformers 4.jpg
I'm also on Camaro5 but (hopefully) not a d-bag. I like all kinds of musclecars, ponycars, sportscars, etc... lol :D

I agree... hope this site embraces the new gen of Mustangs (S197 included). Competition is good and it can bring out the best choices of models from the big domestic 3... and just browsing though these Introduce Yourself pages already reveal strong signs of a passionate cohesive group. :cheers:

KZStang

Agree with Bossing... lots of passionate fans all around. No there isn't one big C5 equivalent right now, but that could change. This next gen model is one of the most important moments in Mustang's history. If they do it right, it could revitalize the brand and bring with it a ton of new Mustang owners that never considered it before, as well as old "codgers" like me upgrading. :D Why else are we all here at M6G talking about a car that's still a year away! Personally can't wait to see what the next year has in store for us....:popcorn:

stangray11

Apologies for the minor rant earlier, not a good way to start off. I'm passionate about my cars and frustrated at the disjointed base of Mustang fans online. Glad to be here, the site has promise, and good points all around. It's an exciting time -- the U.S. will always be the main market, but Ford has an unique opportunity next year for the Mustang to capture a much larger market than in its previous 50.

By the way, seeing some really nice rides here! :clap2:

Sponsored

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
Hi....Dave from Iowa.

My current Mustang is an 07 Premium GT in Alloy Grey. I've upgraded most of the car with Roush Performance parts....supercharger, suspension, brakes, etc as well as parts from other aftermarket companies....to numerous to go into detail here. I do several track days and hi performance driving events each year. I'm a "cut me and I bleed Ford blue" kind of guy.

I've also been fortunate enough to be included in the Roush Performance Grand Am Mustang racing teams....#61 driven by Jack Roush Jr. and Billy Johnson...#51 driven by Shelby Blackstock and Joey Atterbury. I help with the cars at the hauler and in the pit during practice and racing. Heading tomorrow to Barber Motorsports Park in Alabama for the Grand Am Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race on Saturday.

Excited and anxious for the next gen Mustang to be released. I know that Ford is sensitive to the traditionalists opinion and am fairly certain that they will have something for everyone in the next gen Mustang!

OKCfan

Welcome Dave from Iowa :). Great to see other die hard bleed Ford blue guys here. Always love seeing track specific builds like yours. All-go and no-show mods are my favorite.

What's your 'home' track that you do most of track driving on?

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Welcome Dave from Iowa :). Great to see other die hard bleed Ford blue guys here. Always love seeing track specific builds like yours. All-go and no-show mods are my favorite.

What's your 'home' track that you do most of track driving on?

Thanks....I've had a blast doing the work and making the car my own and I guess in my vision of what I want it to look like. And yep...though I've done a few car shows, they are not really my thing. There's not a speck of chrome under the hood. Since chrome doesn't make it go faster, I can't see spending my money on it. I have no problem with those that like to dress up under the hood and else where....it's just not my thing.

Mid America Motorplex...just south of Omaha/Council Bluffs is the track I've probably run most. The Mustang club that I belong to, out of Des Moines ( Mustang Club of Central Iowa ) has a weekend track event there every year....this year will be something along the lines of the 15th year. I've done others around the midwest...and last September was I pleased to make it to the All Ford and Boss Roundup at Motorsport Park Hastings at Hastings Neb. They will be having it again this September....a very cool track weekend with the Ford engineers who put together the Boss program attending, in their own personal Boss Mustangs. I'm not 100% sure about the attendance numbers, but I think it was close to 100 Mustangs...here's a photo of some of them on the grid, waiting to go out on track.

My Mustang club ( MCCI ) will be sponsoring a 2nd track day this fall at the Iowa Speedway at Newton Iowa. They will use the infield road course and part of the oval.

Not sure how many track days I'll get this year. They have to be squeezed in between my regular full time job and the dates for the Grand Am races. Hoping to get at least 3 -4, but we'll have to wait and see how things shake out......lots to do, never enough time to do it all!

DarkAgent10

Hi....Dave from Iowa.

I've also been fortunate enough to be included in the Roush Performance Grand Am Mustang racing teams....#61 driven by Jack Roush Jr. and Billy Johnson...#51 driven by Shelby Blackstock and Joey Atterbury. I help with the cars at the hauler and in the pit during practice and racing. Heading tomorrow to Barber Motorsports Park in Alabama for the Grand Am Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge race on Saturday.
Dave, welcome aboard. You pretty much have my dream job (well, next to Roush/Johnson's :D).. That must be quite a team to work with. Do you travel with them during the entire season? I saw the Daytona win to open up the season.. two yrs in a row, really impressive and some tough competition too. Were you part of the pit during that one?

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Dave, welcome aboard. You pretty much have my dream job (well, next to Roush/Johnson's :D).. That must be quite a team to work with. Do you travel with them during the entire season? I saw the Daytona win to open up the season.. two yrs in a row, really impressive and some tough competition too. Were you part of the pit during that one?
Thanks and yes...it is a very, very cool thing to be a part of. I can tell you that it is a great group of people to be working with. I made all but 2 races last year. I drive to most of them and fly to Daytona and Laguna Seca. I leave early tomorrow morning to drive to Birmingham Alabama for this weeks race. Looks like your sig shows Atlanta...are you aware that Grand Am will be racing at Road Atlanta on April 20th? The Roush teams will be there and I'm not sure yet whether I will be or not....about 50 - 50 chance that I will....I'll find out more this weekend when I with the team at Barber. A good portion of the team come out of Charlotte NC...while others are spread around the country and come together for the races. The cars are kept, prepped and repaired after the races at Roush Fenway Racing in Concord NC....same facility that the RFR Nascar cars come from.

Yes, I was there in Daytona...both last year and this year for the wins. Good starts to both seasons. Running at the new Circuit of The Americas last month was tough for the points. While running 3rd about 3/4 of the way through the race, the #61 car broke a cam chain and had to retire from the race. The #51 car gambled on pit strategy and came up just short on fuel...having to pit on the last lap for a splash of fuel that took them from 7th to 14th. Both cars are looking to rebound at Barber Motorsports Park later this week! If you're a Facebook user check out Roush Performance #61 Mustang and Roush Performance #51 Mustang and "Like" them. Some of the photos in the gallery are taken by me, when I have time to shoot a few photos during practice and at the hauler or in the garage.

Here's a couple of photos that I took from the podium...above the car...while standing with the rest of the crew in Victory Lane at Daytona this year.

Jack Roush Jr. waits along side the car as Billy waits inside for the TV camera to get to Victory Lane

Jack Roush congratulates Billy Johnson on the win at Daytona

Team crew members get ready to shower Jack Jr. and Billy

Hopefully I'll have several more of these opportunities this year and the Roush teams can bring home a championship!
Sponsored