Sponsored

Spoiler for 2018 GT Convertible?

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Hey, everyone,

Just wondering if there are any aftermarket spoiler options for the 2018 GT Convertible. Been going back and forth on going back to a convertible (my previous 1990 LX and 2001 GT were both convertibles, then switched to a Fastback for my 2013 and 2016 GTs) - regardless of which route I take I plan on PP + Magnaride being equipped, which means no spoiler for the vert. I’m honestly not overly concerned about the functionality (blasphemy, I know :p ) and just like the look. I know the antenna placement may be a limiting factor here, but was curious if there were any decent (and non overly flashy) spoilers out there for the 2018 GT Convertibles.
Sponsored

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
I think you can undo the delete on the factory spoiler if you just want the little lip spoiler.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Hey, everyone,

Just wondering if there are any aftermarket spoiler options for the 2018 GT Convertible. Been going back and forth on going back to a convertible (my previous 1990 LX and 2001 GT were both convertibles, then switched to a Fastback for my 2013 and 2016 GTs) - regardless of which route I take I plan on PP + Magnaride being equipped, which means no spoiler for the vert. I’m honestly not overly concerned about the functionality (blasphemy, I know :p ) and just like the look. I know the antenna placement may be a limiting factor here, but was curious if there were any decent (and non overly flashy) spoilers out there for the 2018 GT Convertibles.
Have you given any thought to the California Special spoiler. There are aftermarkets of the convertible version out there.

[/url]Untitled by Derek George, on Flickr[/IMG]

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you can undo the delete on the factory spoiler if you just want the little lip spoiler.
With PP optioned it’s completely unavailable :(

Have you given any thought to the California Special spoiler. There are aftermarkets of the convertible version out there.
YES! Good idea! Thank you!

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
With PP optioned it’s completely unavailable :(
Weird. I didn't want it so I never clicked on it. :D The way they pair & limit options always confuses me.

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Hey, everyone,

You can have the one on my 18PP1.
Not really digging it.

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can have the one on my 18PP1.
Not really digging it.
Ha! Thanks, but I don't believe it will fit the convertible due to the rear antenna. I really wish Ford used an integrated one for the vert like they do with the fastback - the stock antenna makes the car look kind of like an RC Car. :frusty:

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Out of curiosity, and not that it really even matters, does the Cali Special Spoiler offer any additional downforce to the car?

Sponsored

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
I personally think the S550 convertible has cleaner lines without a spoiler. I deleted it on my LB 2018 order. But there's no question in my mind that the coupe benefits from a spoiler.

smbsocal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT Vert, '17 C7 Z06, '19 BMW X5
I installed the Foose MMD spoiler on my '18 vert. I think it gives it more of an aggressive look but not being too big and in your face.

As others have said the Foose MMD spoiler doesn't fit perfectly on the vert and the ends are not completely flush with the trunk but it isn't noticeable on darker colored cars.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Out of curiosity, and not that it really even matters, does the Cali Special Spoiler offer any additional downforce to the car?
Does it? Probably a little. Enough to make a difference? Highly unlikely.

NoReins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work in Progress
As others have said the Foose MMD spoiler doesn't fit perfectly on the vert and the ends are not completely flush with the trunk but it isn't noticeable on darker colored cars.
unfortunately that would be the same problem with most spoilers on convertibles. Kinda wish Ford designed the quarter panels of the Convertible to be the same as the Fastbacks, like they did with the S197s