AppoTheApple

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT DIB
Hi all!

I had the PP2 tune installed on my car and since then I had a problem where my RPMs would occasionally drop from 1500 RPM down to 500-1000 RPM before bouncing back up to the correct RPM (Kinda bad video of it happening: https://streamable.com/61dsa). At the time, it was throwing code P0111 "Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor circuit range or performance problem." I brought it to Ford, and they had my car for 2.5 weeks before saying that they found nothing wrong with it. I drove it for a day and the problem was still there, so I brought it to a different dealer, where they said that the MAF sensor had gone bad and they replaced it. I drove my car and the problem seemed to be resolved; however, after 4 days (5 days ago now...), the problem came back worse than ever. Last night, I was driving and the car went into limp mode. Said that my BLIS, traction control, Advancetrac, etc all shut off and the car was struggling to move. I pulled over, turned it off, then turned it back on and everything seemed fine, but I'm kinda scared to drive it for the time being.

It's currently only throwing code P0103 "Mass Airflow (MAF) Circuit High Air Flow and High Voltage Output"

I've been in contact with Ford Performance, who has told me several different things to do that have all failed. I've unplugged the battery for 30 minutes, I've checked that the MAF sensor didn't get installed upside down, I've checked for air leaks, I've checked that the tune was indeed installed, and everything checks out. Any other suggestions? I'm scared for my baby. :(
Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Hi all!

I had the PP2 tune installed on my car and since then I had a problem where my RPMs would occasionally drop from 1500 RPM down to 500-1000 RPM before bouncing back up to the correct RPM (Kinda bad video of it happening: ). At the time, it was throwing code P0111 "Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensor circuit range or performance problem." I brought it to Ford, and they had my car for 2.5 weeks before saying that they found nothing wrong with it. I drove it for a day and the problem was still there, so I brought it to a different dealer, where they said that the MAF sensor had gone bad and they replaced it. I drove my car and the problem seemed to be resolved; however, after 4 days (5 days ago now...), the problem came back worse than ever. Last night, I was driving and the car went into limp mode. Said that my BLIS, traction control, Advancetrac, etc all shut off and the car was struggling to move. I pulled over, turned it off, then turned it back on and everything seemed fine, but I'm kinda scared to drive it for the time being.

It's currently only throwing code P0103 "Mass Airflow (MAF) Circuit High Air Flow and High Voltage Output"

I've been in contact with Ford Performance, who has told me several different things to do that have all failed. I've unplugged the battery for 30 minutes, I've checked that the MAF sensor didn't get installed upside down, I've checked for air leaks, I've checked that the tune was indeed installed, and everything checks out. Any other suggestions? I'm scared for my baby. :(
Same thing happened to me, did you ever get this resolved? Mine goes away when I restart the car too.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Did you ever get this resolved? Ive had this issue for a long time now, car is back at the dealer for now.
Sponsored