Sponsored

Lund N Guage and Tune

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Hey Peeps,

Im getting the Lund N guage for christmas (i mean im not? lol)

anyhow im going to put it in one of the up front vents. I read some people had too much glare to read the guage when its in the middle vent. Is this true? Is it better on the vent closest to the driver?

Its just aesthetics but i would prefer it in the middle, but if that removes some functionality then it will need to be on the driver side vent. Just curious with others experience in this?

15 GT auto. Was going to sell the car, decided to keep it, tune it, roll for a few years then pickup a Bullitt :love:
Sponsored

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Hey Peeps,

Im getting the Lund N guage for christmas (i mean im not? lol)

anyhow im going to put it in one of the up front vents. I read some people had too much glare to read the guage when its in the middle vent. Is this true? Is it better on the vent closest to the driver?

Its just aesthetics but i would prefer it in the middle, but if that removes some functionality then it will need to be on the driver side vent. Just curious with others experience in this?

15 GT auto. Was going to sell the car, decided to keep it, tune it, roll for a few years then pickup a Bullitt :love:

First of all you won't regret the Lund tune. I would advise against mounting the Ngauge to the vent. When I had mine mounted there it kept falling off. Since then I have mine on the suction cup. Later on I will be moving to the dashboard.

OP
OP

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Thanks man. I forgot there is so many mounting options. I meant the invent mount, like where it replaces the vent. But yeah i think the window mount might be best

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Thanks man. I forgot there is so many mounting options. I meant the invent mount, like where it replaces the vent. But yeah i think the window mount might be best
I think besides mount it in the dashboard the windshield mount is best. Once all this dam snow stops here in Jersey I will be putting mine in the dash.

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
Window mount by the A-pillar and forget about it lol. Looks cool in the center vent but you cant really read the gauge clearly from the drivers point of view, been there done that. Just get the suction window mount and have it right where you can see it.

Sponsored

BULL1TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 2001 Bullitt
I mounted mine in the center vent and have had no issues. Change the color of the text to white and there really isn't any problem reading the gauge.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I tried so many places to mount mine I finally just stuck it in the AC vent lol

There is glare depending on where the sun is but overall not too bad, in the morning I can’t look at it though. But since I got the 350 cluster I don’t really look at it anymore anyways....

Someone was making a a mount for it that replaces the plastic on the steering wheel column. There is also a metal mount that sticks on between the wheel and the column but mine kept scraping.

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
I mounted mine in the center vent and have had no issues. Change the color of the text to white and there really isn't any problem reading the gauge.

I have mine in the center and it is hard to see on a sunny day for sure. Can’t beat the looks though
Can you point me to some directions that show me how to change to colors to white, thanks

BRYN@N4SM

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
n4sm.com
First Name
Bryn
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT vert
I have mine in the center and it is hard to see on a sunny day for sure. Can’t beat the looks though
Can you point me to some directions that show me how to change to colors to white, thanks
Touch whatever parameter it is you wanna adjust then touch Display then scroll down to change Normal color. You can also adjust low, medium, high colors if you want here too as you'll see

After having an nGauge in my two s550s for a couple years now I've found it can be glitchy. Mine has a single vertical white line down the side of the screen. Tried unplugging it at the OBDII and behind the gauge. No dice. Aside from that it works fine. Also if you're gonna vent mount it, be mindful of the heat it gets either from running the heater in the upper vents OR direct sunlight, which will cause it to overheat and shut down. Had that happen also once. Unplugged it, let it cool down, and it'll be fine again.

I don't know of any parameters you're gonna have to monitor all the time. So moving your head slightly to the side to see one in daylight with the gauge in the middle pod is not a big deal

:thumbsup:

Sponsored
OP
OP

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
did not even know that was possible. Thank you
my only gripe on the windshield mount is it can easily be stolen. My job is in a ghetto neighborhood.. I got the window mount ordered but may just try the dash first since it looks so cool.

With mention of the heat on the gauge i thought this might be a problem. Im going to throw some insulation or something behind the gauge to cut back on that hope that works. Cant wait for it! Im most curious how much better this will be then for Ford Stage 2 power pack tune, which seems to be still pretty conservative. Since im an Auto i was looking for those light up the tire shifts from 1-2 that i wasnt getting with FRPP.

Since im going more aftermarket tune, higher trans line pressure etc. Is it smart to change or increase my intervals of oil change / trans fluid change? I do drive the piss out of the car. 5k oil changes full syn so far.

N123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium
Yeah I’d say just go with the center vent mount. Do as the others said, find which text colors Work best for you and go with it. I don’t have any problems reading mine, and it’s mounted there. Also, like the above post said, putting a strip of electrical tape on the inside edge will help keep it firmly in place (mine has not moved). I have seen people who put it in the closest vent spot complain about their main gauges fogging up, so I definitely wouldn’t put it there. There is also a member on here who sells a 3D printed part that will angle the vent mounted option towards the driver slightly for better viewing angles.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
For you windshield mounters, how did you guys run your cable? For now, I just used a twisty-tie and it dangles.

Can it be ran down through the dash trim easily?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
we run ours in the middle vent, if you do it right , it won't fall , out.

if your in need of any help with a tune or questions, hit us up
Sponsored