Sponsored

Depressing Thread: How many have their GT350 tucked away for winter?

Schmitty19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
The shop's getting full, but nothing is put away for winter just yet. Soon everything will either be tucked away in the trailer or sealed-up in car bags - I use the Car Jacket version.

Is that a fender badge on the gt350??
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Now that is a shop!

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Is that sucker real ?
It's a Factory Five replica - had a fun 5 years building it and it's been even more fun on the road for the past 3 summers.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Is that a fender badge on the gt350??
Yep, a "Terlinqua Racing Team" decal just like Ken Miles ran on his GT350 at the very first race outing for the car back in Feb '65.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
WHat tires did you use? I m sure this car with its weight distribution and NA engine and a clutch pedal with snow tires will be better than most SUVs and all season tires. I see Jeeps sliding back all the time on my street because they assume AWD can cheat law of physics. People dont understand its all tires.

I think clutch modulation also plays a key role in low traction situations.

Good point regarding exhaust valves, mine is always in the garage and I have these "green hinges" on my garage doors which prevent my garage temperature to go below 10 or so degrees less than my house temp.
Blizzaks. IIRC the tires I have on the car are 245 width on 19x9 inch rims. I think Mustangs are good on the highway, but not the greatest around town. Low ground clearance and poor weight distribution are the issues. You can definitely keep up with traffic with good tires on the car, though. Weather mode is a good idea in my opinion.

The day my exhaust valves froze I had it in a garage overnight. I drove a few miles to a restaurant in below zero weather (the car didn't get very warm), ate and when I started the car afterwards that's when the valves froze on me. They froze closed, set a code, but the car worked fine. After a few hundred miles on the interstate the valves worked fine again.

Sponsored

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Yep, a "Terlinqua Racing Team" decal just like Ken Miles ran on his GT350 at the very first race outing for the car back in Feb '65.

Is it just the B&W picture - or are all 4 tires up in the air? :headbang: :D :ford: :clap2: :first:

v-man

Still Plays With Cars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt 350 LB Black stripe
first salt it goes away but checking in do your start once a month or let it sit for 4 -5 months by the way winter is what happens to people not smart enough to go where it is warm I am working on a southern Florida strategy myself but the roads are flat as can be

Socalrugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4111
Iā€™ll be driving mine til the first rain drop, then tuck her in for a nice long nap

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
I typically put mine away right after thanksgiving until the end of March. Mid atlantic is supposed to be quite cold this weekend (highs in 30s lows in the teens) so no go this weekend on Cup 2 tires.

Sponsored

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
A bit early for sure. I dont see nap time coming until after Thanksgiving in the Chicago area. Even then we can get a few drives in throghout the winter months.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
What about storage additives?
In the gas? Iā€™d stay away from additives. Find a place that sells ethanol free 91+ octane. Drive your car to 10 miles to empty (youā€™ll get a warning on the center dash) fill w the non-ethanol, repeat if you want. Youā€™re good to go. Sta-ble and others additives have ethanol.

https://www.pure-gas.org/

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 Ruby red GT350
Mine is currently hibernating for a few months, itā€™s stored in a heated garage so i only left about 1/4 tank of 94 octane gaz and added a few onces of StaBil. :thumbsup:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Mine is currently hibernating for a few months, itā€™s stored in a heated garage so i only left about 1/4 tank of 94 octane gaz and added a few onces of StaBil. :thumbsup:
Yikes :eyebulge: 1/4 tank, ethanol laden gas :eyebulge: :lol:

Iā€™d give someone elseā€™s left nut for a heated garage...
Sponsored