Sponsored

Reliable vs. Intercity Lines?

kesando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Camry
Good morning everyone, just purchased my first Ford from a Member on this forum. It's a Ruby Red 2017 Shelby GT350 and I'm super excited! I'd like to get her home as soon as possible and I'm trying to choose the best possible transport company. I've so far received a better quote from Reliable but have heard nothing but great things about Intercity lines on this forum.

Any opinions?
Sponsored

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
I used Intercity years back and they were excellent. Can't say enough good things about them. They "packaged" and treated my Viggen like it was the most expensive car in the trailer. But I've also heard good things about Reliable as well. Both have excellent reputations. Probably can't go wrong with either carrier.

Kevin

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
No experience with Reliable, but have used Intercity and been very happy. One thing to check on is whether it will be a direct shipment or if the car will be moved from truck-to-truck at a depot and/or spend time sitting at a depot.

Like our product security guy at work says, items at rest are items at risk.

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Another vote for intercity. Haven't used reliable, but shipped my Cobra from LA to MA, were excellent. There were some challenges near my home with a low bridge, and the driver was extremely helpful, took a drive around the block with me in my own other vehicle to better plan his drop. He didn't give me any indication that he was in a rush, or decide that this was "close enough". He was geniunely trying to drop the car off as close as possible (it was february) and make me felt like I was the most important customer he had.

bellwilliam

bellwilliam
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
only used Intercity. twice. great experience.

Reliable better be good as it cost 50% more last couple of times I checked.

Sponsored

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
None of the above but I used Passport when I got mine. Excellent experience with them,with no complaints whatsoever.

OP
OP

kesando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord Camry
Ok, leaning towards Intercity. They are quoting me $350 more than Reliable but if it is the better carrier I'll pay extra for piece of mind.

Thanks for the responses

7litergt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 (H4200), 1966 Fastback 427W
Had a car transported from Tx to Cali using Reliable, cant say enough good things about the experience. The driver was super meticulous when documenting the inventory within the car (manuals, paperwork, etc..) as well as noting all issues when the car was picked up (door dings, loose parts, etc.. - the car was used). The driver was also very helpful in keeping us up to speed on his arrival (1-2 days before he showed up), and helped us find the best place to meet up. the truck was huge, so they couldn't drop it off on our street.

Its definitely not a cheap endeavor, but I would say its certainly worth the piece of mind.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Ok, leaning towards Intercity. They are quoting me $350 more than Reliable but if it is the better carrier I'll pay extra for piece of mind.

Thanks for the responses
I have not used Intercity but have used Reliable, Exotic and TFX in and out of Canada and have had positive experiences with all of them.

If it was me I would go with Reliable (certainly no disrespect to Intercity) based on a $350 savings as they are an outstanding company to work with especially given they probably have the largest enclosed trailer fleet in America.

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Intercity was who I went with and would use them again in a heartbeat. My driver was on time to the min and text me once or twice a day where he was (TX to CA). He even gently gave the car a good wipe down with a detailed because he "didn't want to get his covers dirty!". It set outside for three days before he picked it up.

Sponsored

bellwilliam

bellwilliam
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R
if Reliable is cheaper, I would go with them. They are all top notch transporters

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
I just used intercity for my R back in October. They were great to work with. Driver called me when he was picking the car up from the dealer and the day of delivery. Gave me an ETA for delivery and was within 15 minutes. Car was on the top deck as I requested. They were a little more expensive than other quotes but the service was worth the cost. Mine was also on the same truck w/ same driver from pick up to delivery

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Used Intercity. Great experience, one of the few carriers who actually have their own trucks and drivers, and family owned too.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Passport Transport is good too. I've used them twice already and they have always delivered ahead of schedule. GPS tracking is fun too!

p.s. Jay Leno uses Intercity and PassPort Transport. Talked with the Passport driver for about an hour during delivery and he had a whole bunch of cool stories including those with Jay. For the most part... the drivers, for most of these companies, all know each other and they are all great folks and good to go! :cheers:

Note: Regardless of who you go with... make sure you check the inside of the truck! There was a 1st owner (family owned) farm truck in the back from the 1910's with a Flying Lady on the hood!!!!!!
IMG_4610.JPG

Last edited:

PrISM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I used Reliable to ship my GT350 when I bought it from the dealer and the service was excellent. Their trucks are all enclosed and have lift gates on the back so no worries about scraping a splitter. I have no complaints.
Sponsored