Sponsored

How good can a S550 be at dodging cones???

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I feel for you with what to do with the car when thinking about the original post. GT's and cars like it have such a short lifespan in FS that you either have to trade it for the newer, better models as they come out or migrate to higher prep levels to keep the car competitive. Going to STP or ESP or CAMC and beyond means further and further from a street car you go.

If you keep the car and want to be competitive nationally it means a year or two stock then sky's the limit for mods. The ship has already sailed for a 15-17 GT in FS so that's not a competitive option anymore.

I'm already in CAMC with my 15 GT and surprising myself with the mods I've already done to my car compared to my past car that stayed Street category legal for a decade and very streetable. I'm a little nervous what my current car will turn into over the next few years but so far, having a blast.

So...not really an answer to your OP, lol.
Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Can someone please post a link with more info on the CAM challenge? If feasible, I'd be very interested in attending!
https://www.scca.com/pages/cam-challenge

I completely agree with the "FS car of the year" problem but that is common to many "street" classes and can be in higher prep classes also "depending" on things you cannot predict. The only reason I'm "upgrading" to a 2018 is because Ford now sells the car I wished was available in 2015 thanks to the automatic being available with the PP. However "being past my competitive prime" makes "having the right car" a minor issue.

EDIT to add: One advantages of having a separate autocross car was that for 20 years my daily driver could be and stay what I wanted and could afford. In my case a series of Mustang GT's kept completely FS legal but only because that is the way I liked the cars. It is easy to be happy with a V8 Pony car as a daily driver when you have a real race car available for competition.

Last edited:
OP
OP
CompOrangeS550

CompOrangeS550

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP
I feel for you with what to do with the car when thinking about the original post. GT's and cars like it have such a short lifespan in FS that you either have to trade it for the newer, better models as they come out or migrate to higher prep levels to keep the car competitive. Going to STP or ESP or CAMC and beyond means further and further from a street car you go.

If you keep the car and want to be competitive nationally it means a year or two stock then sky's the limit for mods. The ship has already sailed for a 15-17 GT in FS so that's not a competitive option anymore.

I'm already in CAMC with my 15 GT and surprising myself with the mods I've already done to my car compared to my past car that stayed Street category legal for a decade and very streetable. I'm a little nervous what my current car will turn into over the next few years but so far, having a blast.

So...not really an answer to your OP, lol.
I hear you. I ran my car in FS for one season the year I bought it. The following winter/spring it turned into an STP/CAM-C car. It's still streetable at this point, but I keep wanting more and more out of it.
Sponsored