Sponsored

Ford guy Chevy guy or car guy?

rushca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Oxford White OTT
My 14 year old self would seriously be punching me in the face for even considering a mustang even if it’s a GT350. You see I grew up a hard core GM guy, owned a 96 SS and 05 GTO. As I’ve gotten older, the more I appreciate and respect the fine engineering that goes into special cars like the GT350 etc. long gone are the days of Chevy Vs Ford and I can appreciate cars from all makers. Hell my daily driver is a 2016 Toyota 4Runner trail edition, which could be considered an enthusiasts car.

So for the first time in my life I’m on the precipice of crossing party lines and buying my first ford. :ford:
Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Never thought I'd own an American car, let alone a Mustang or GT350. The Shelby pulls in buyers from every walk of life. When Chevy finally moves to a DOHC V8, or Dodge finally giving up that 20yr old Charger platform that weighs 2 tons, I'll consider them.

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Former treasurer of the Central Indiana Camaro Club here. Owned three of them, each heavily modified. But that's only because from 1993-2002, they were the best bang for the buck car you could buy. At the end of the day, I'm a car guy, and the first time I heard this clip of the new GT350 back in 2015, I knew I had to have one (and in this clip, the driver never even gets above ~5,000 RPM) :

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
Life's too short to stick with just one brand because you view yourself as a "Chevy Guy" or "Ford Guy".

While I have certain biases, I've always been a car guy first and foremost. I've owned many brands, including GM, Chrysler and Ford, many Japanese imports, and some of Germany's finest. I've enjoyed them all for different reasons.

Sponsored

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Car guy, gear head, petrol head, call me what you want. Certainly the product of a misspent youth (but for auto shop, I wouldn't have made it out of high school) that developed into a life-long case of the car crazies.

First car was a '69 Charger back when they were just cheap used cars and that developed into a string of drag worthy American muscle cars. Later years saw the conversion to sports cars, but the siren song of V8 road race cars came calling.

One thing for sure, through all those years, there has been a steady string of Mustangs and other Ford powered stuff, so I guess I'm a dyed-in-the-wool "Total Performance" guy.

17RubyShelbyGT350

First Ford - First Shelby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350-Conven Pkg - 1st Perf Mods Done
Life's too short to stick with just one brand because you view yourself as a "Chevy Guy" or "Ford Guy".

While I have certain biases, I've always been a car guy first and foremost. I've owned many brands, including GM, Chrysler and Ford, many Japanese imports, and some of Germany's finest. I've enjoyed them all for different reasons.
Ditto. First Ford, First Shelby... Had nine Vettes before including 2 ZR1's and 4 Z06's. Current stable: 2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Audi SQ5, 216 Mazda CX3 (wife's car).

Big world out there - enjoy!

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I have had both GM ZL1 and Ford GT350 and BMW M3 as well. I am a car guy.

tracktardicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota 86
The best tool for the job. In my case, that happens to be the GT350R as a dedicated track toy. I've had a 99 and 03 Cobra, an Audi RS4 (the best street car I've ever owned,) and an E46 M3.
I can't think of a better driver's car for the money than the GT350R. If I hadn't found one for a reasonable price, then I probably would have gotten a Cayman S instead.

Sponsored

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Car guy that could care less about make or model, I go for whatever I feel is the best car for me at the moment. I've owned Mustangs, Corvettes, BMW's, and even had a V8 Charger for a little while.

I've owned more Mustangs than any other model though... but hadn't owned a Mustang in about 12 years and never though I'd own another Mustang again (was more into Corvettes and BMW's) but the GT350 was a pleasant surprise!

Adamk24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT350
I've never owned an American car. I grew up building small block's in the back yard with my dad, but from the time I was 16 I've owned exclusively Japanese and German cars. It's not out of a distaste for muscle cars, I love anything with an engine, but we only get to own a few cars in our lives, so I try to choose the best, most enjoyable car for me.

My last few vehicles were a Honda S2000, Porsche Cayman S, and a BMW M3. I had the luxury of being able to choose my next car from a pretty broad pool, so I test drove everything under the sun and ranked them on a fun/cost ladder. Cars like the AMG GTS and 991.1 911 GT3 are so special and amazing to drive, but nothing I drove cheaper than those was able to beat the GT350 in terms of feel good, tingling driver involvement. And even then, neither of those cars is available with a manual transmission.

Yesterday I signed the papers on a new 2018 Lightning Blue car and I couldn't be happier that Ford Performance managed to put together such a great, world beating sports car. They earned my purchase in one of the hardest to please segments of the market by selling a truly special car to true car enthusiasts.
https://i.imgur.com/dH15MXY.jpg?2
dH15MXY.jpg

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Yesterday I signed the papers on a new 2018 Lightning Blue car and I couldn't be happier that Ford Performance managed to put together such a great, world beating sports car. They earned my purchase in one of the hardest to please segments of the market by selling a truly special car to true car enthusiasts.
https://i.imgur.com/dH15MXY.jpg?2
dH15MXY.jpg
Congrats on your 2018! Great car and great color! I attached your pic directly since the link doesn't seem to work:
dH15MXY.jpg

jlauth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I was born and raised a Ford guy...my grandfather worked and Ford and I've always had Mustangs. Now I find myself working as a Manufacturing Engineer for Chrysler. I love a lot of our products too. I have Chryslers and Fords right now. But I just can't stop with the Ford Performance products. I have a Raptor and a Gt350. Wife has a Jeep Grand Cherokee, and I daily an old neon. Sucks that I don't really drive my mustang to work but overall I'm just a car guy. I enjoy working here...and Im proud of a lot of our products. I just like some of Fords offerings more.
Sponsored