BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
I hope your arms are long enough to slip your camera under the car. Latest word I have is no CF driveshat but rather a two-piece steel unit. I pray that usn't true.
But we were told that this SE Mustang would have the neat little bells & whistles. If it in fact comes with a 2-piece unit instead of a CF version, guess cost-cutting measure would be the reason?
Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
https://www.chicagoautoshow.com/vehicles-on-display/2019/ford/mustang-gt500bullit/

I clicked the link and this is what I see:

Vehicles on Display/ Vehicles on Display/ Vehicle Detail - Vehicles on Display Vehicles on Display

Choose a Production Vehicle
Choose a Debut Vehicle
Choose a Concept Vehicle

2019 Ford Mustang GT500/Bullit
2018-Ford-Mustang-1.png

2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 & Bullit:
The 2019 Ford Mustang 500 and Bullit are two special edition models based on the redesigned 2018 Ford Mustang GT. Both iconic Mustangs will continue to compete with amped-up versions of the Chevrolet Camaro and Dodge Challenger.
The Mustang GT500 will utilize a highly-modified version of the 5.0-liter V8 found in the outgoing GT, promising a total output of over 700 horsepower. The Bullit is a throwback to Steve McQueen's 1967 Mustang driven in the Bullit movie, and it will feature a retuned 5.0-liter V8 engine with at least 475 horsepower and 420 lb.-ft. of torque. The Bullit will employ a six-speed manual transmission and reach a top speed of 163 mph, while performance specifications haven't been released for the 2019 GT500.
Available features will include a customizable instrument cluster, Ford's SYNC 3 multimedia system, a smartphone app for remote control of select vehicle functions, heated steering wheel, heated seats, magnetic-ride suspension, LED headlamps and tail lamps, and a 12-inch LCD screen.
Available safety features will include pre-collision system with pedestrian detection, distance-alert, lane-departure warning, lane-keep assist, driver-alert system, and dual-front airbags.
Ok but once you go back through the menu you can't find it again? It does come up under that link but if you go directly to the site it's no where to be found.? What is the deal! I think we are being fracked with. I hope not but!!!!!

Chicago Auto Show

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Unfortunately, the listing of the GT500 was an error on the part of the Chicago Auto Show. We apologize for posting this. Ford has informed us that the GT500 will not be at the Chicago Auto Show.

Mark Bilek, Director of Communications, Chicago Auto Show

Sponsored

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Ok but once you go back through the menu you can't find it again? It does come up under that link but if you go directly to the site it's no where to be found.? What is the deal!
Could be like the restaurants with "secret" menus! No seriously, once Ford saw it, they probably had it pulled off the menus - but they forgot to take the actual link to it offline. And now it is GONE!

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
UPDATED -- As you see above, we have been told by the Director of Communications of the Chicago Auto Show that their listing of the 2019 GT500 debut is incorrect and that Ford has informed them the vehicle will NOT be at the show. The Chicago Auto Show's website has been changed to reflect that.

We've removed their website materials from the first post and leaving this thread for discussion purposes.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
my goodness....more speculation than 1 month.
thanks Ford.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Unfortunately, the listing of the GT500 was an error on the part of the Chicago Auto Show. We apologize for posting this. Ford has informed us that the GT500 will not be at the Chicago Auto Show.

Mark Bilek, Director of Communications, Chicago Auto Show
oh well...
I'm emotionally shattered, thanks for the honesty.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Agreed. Here's what we're told.

"We assumed based on the teaser shown in Detroit that the vehicle would come to Chicago."

Unbelievable, but true. Sorry to be the messenger.
ahhahahhahhaaaahhaaa
I don't make my business decisions based on assumptions.

OP
OP
Jarstang

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I'm leaving this thread open for a bit so anyone that saw it earlier will be updated.

It will be removed later so as to not dash any more hopes.

JGillis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus SHO
Seriously what kind of amateurs work for the Chicago show??? This woulda been reported eventually by all the big sites if its on their website.

U know what thou Ford's new shtick seems to be denying everything even things that turn out to be true like they did with the Bullitt so who knows. They could still show it there and just not want this to get out any more.
Sponsored