[CORRECTION] 2019 GT500 will NOT Debut at Chicago Auto Show

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Will you be going to see it? Monday night the 12th is when I'll plan to attend. I'll be in Chicago for work.
Planning on it! Not exactly sure when.
Sponsored

BLSTOIS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Any chance they'll have one at the Cincinnati Auto Expo the same weekend?:shrug:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Think they will release horsepower figures at the reveal?
Extremely doubtful. They will not release those till the car is certified.

Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Extremely doubtful. They will not release those till the car is certified.
That's a bummer was hoping h/p & torque figures would. E released.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
One of my job perks is that I get to go to the First Look For Charity event that they hold the Friday before the show opens.... it was my up-close examination of the GT350 at the '16 event that convinced me to get my '17, so I will be making a quick path across the show floor to check out the GT500 for you guys.

PM me if you want specific pics - I'll be glad to take some and post them here.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I hope your arms are long enough to slip your camera under the car. Latest word I have is no CF driveshat but rather a two-piece steel unit. I pray that usn't true.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I hope your arms are long enough to slip your camera under the car. Latest word I have is no CF driveshat but rather a two-piece steel unit. I pray that usn't true.
I tried doing that with a Focus RS at Carlisle shortly after its debut, and a Ford "rep" (bodyguard) picked me up off the ground and made me delete the pictures I took :lol:

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I tried doing that with a Focus RS at Carlisle shortly after its debut, and a Ford "rep" (bodyguard) picked me up off the ground and made me delete the pictures I took :lol:
Selfie sticks guys.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Looked all over the Chicago Auto show site. If she was there she ain't no more. I don't see it anywhere. Can anyone else verify?! Hope we did get took again!!

supersnake94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Focus SE
From a credible source on FB:

“Something is not right. I just went directly to the Chicago Auto Website, and thoroughly went through all categories of "debut cars", and not only did I not find or see the 500 and the Bullitt listed there, the list format shown on the link to 6g above is not the same list format on the CAS. This is a cut and paste hack job on that list. Because here's the actual list from the CAS website.”
F95E563E-2825-4B92-B978-5086BCB97EE6.jpeg

Last edited:

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Looks like it. Unless it was put up to early my mistake and taken down! It definitely not there now.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
https://www.chicagoautoshow.com/vehicles-on-display/2019/ford/mustang-gt500bullit/

I clicked the link and this is what I see:

Vehicles on Display/ Vehicles on Display/ Vehicle Detail - Vehicles on Display Vehicles on Display

Choose a Production Vehicle
Choose a Debut Vehicle
Choose a Concept Vehicle

2019 Ford Mustang GT500/Bullit
2018-Ford-Mustang-1.png

2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 & Bullit:
The 2019 Ford Mustang 500 and Bullit are two special edition models based on the redesigned 2018 Ford Mustang GT. Both iconic Mustangs will continue to compete with amped-up versions of the Chevrolet Camaro and Dodge Challenger.
The Mustang GT500 will utilize a highly-modified version of the 5.0-liter V8 found in the outgoing GT, promising a total output of over 700 horsepower. The Bullit is a throwback to Steve McQueen's 1967 Mustang driven in the Bullit movie, and it will feature a retuned 5.0-liter V8 engine with at least 475 horsepower and 420 lb.-ft. of torque. The Bullit will employ a six-speed manual transmission and reach a top speed of 163 mph, while performance specifications haven't been released for the 2019 GT500.
Available features will include a customizable instrument cluster, Ford's SYNC 3 multimedia system, a smartphone app for remote control of select vehicle functions, heated steering wheel, heated seats, magnetic-ride suspension, LED headlamps and tail lamps, and a 12-inch LCD screen.
Available safety features will include pre-collision system with pedestrian detection, distance-alert, lane-departure warning, lane-keep assist, driver-alert system, and dual-front airbags.
Sponsored