Sponsored

Another Predator Engine Pic

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Ford doesn't normally quote WHP, only power at the crank. If this thing truly is low 700 WHP, we're talking HIGH 700's at the crank. Right?

Assuming 710 HP and 12% drivetrain losses, that's 795 HP at the crank. That can't be right.
I think DCTs have more parasitic loss. To TeamLethals point, the calc is going to be different
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Sound like she is going to be a stout ole girl!! 700-RWHP is a big #!! Glad to have you back Mach!! 772 hp is a nice #!
Yeah, I was being a bit immature there bud, sorry. Its just after waiting this long and to be hit with low 700's...after 662... just didn't seem right. I was coming back around after that rendering, and now, after hearing RWHP #'s, I'm floored. I was thinking in the back of my head that they could actually be RWHP #'s.

Also keep in mind that the transmission in this car is going to make a big difference in how fast it is as well. Just like the A10 2018's are wicked fast for their power the supposed 7 speed that will be in the GT500 should make that thing fly.
Yes, it will be a burner, I've heard a good DCT will feel like an additional 50HP is added to the car with how fast it shifts and keeps momentum flowing forward. This car will be very deep into the 10's, stock.
This car IS going to be crazy and at 770 area, it WILL be worth the wait.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I think DCTs have more parasitic loss. To TeamLethals point, the calc is going to be different
So with the DCT that should be enough for mid 10's off the show room floor(may be drag radials ) .May be high 9's if you pulley down (plenty of 15-17 GT's on here running that number with 700's ).

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I'm super pumped other than when I read it's going to be this time next year! Nothing to do but wait but damn its going to seem like forever now. Maybe as stuff really starts coming out the time will go better. I still hope they are talking order it this year receive it early 2019. If it's really only going to be unveiled at NEXT years Detroit show that is ridiculous! But whatcha Gina do but freakin wait!

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I'm super pumped other than when I read it's going to be this time next year! Nothing to do but wait but damn its going to seem like forever now. Maybe as stuff really starts coming out the time will go better. I still hope they are talking order it this year receive it early 2019. If it's really only going to be unveiled at NEXT years Detroit show that is ridiculous! But whatcha Gina do but freakin wait!
Well ....thats an additional year to save up more .

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Well put! Told my Ford guy yesterday I'll probably write him a check for the whole thing when it finally arrives. And the sad part is it looks like it might be true!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
From what I'm understanding, is that it may be slightly more than a manual. I'd expect around maybe 11%

Last edited:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Hey man, when its THAT bad ass, waiting another year aint so bad. Now I can understand why Ford would release info this early. Aint no chevy going to be able to touch that until the big bad mid engine comes around, which won't be until 2021my

Sponsored

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
From what I'm understanding, is that it may be slightly more than a manual. I'd expect around 10%, maybe 11%
isnt it the other way? A typical manual is around 15%, so a DCT would be more like a 17-18% loss. Or am I wrong?

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
isnt it the other way? A typical manual is around 15%, so a DCT would be more like a 17-18% loss. Or am I wrong?
A typical manual has way less than 15% loss. '11-18 are showing less than 10%, more like 7-8%.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Hey man, when its THAT bad ass, waiting another year aint so bad. Now I can understand why Ford would release info this early. Aint no chevy going to be able to touch that until the big bad mid engine comes around, which won't be until 2021my
Man I'm hanging in there and I will purchase one!! This is the car I have been waiting/dreaming off. If I get cranky you guys put me in line!

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I think the GT350 is around 10%, and DCT's are close to manuals for Drivetrain loss.
I've heard this is getting a CF drive shaft as well. HEARD, which should help a lot.
Cheese and rice, this thing is going to be nuts.