Sponsored

2018 order date

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
No i dont think many people will just jump and pay it (myself included). But i am sure ford is stupid enough to think they can charge upwards of 75k on road for an auto gt with magnaride. I expect the car to be well over 70k which is downright stupid.
Well, we will find out in the next two months what RRP will be and the market will decide what it's worth.
Sponsored

rixstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FG XR6
Well, we will find out in the next two months what RRP will be and the market will decide what it's worth.
Don't hold your breath, they have put the cart before the horse, they released the price of a set of mud flaps before they released the price of the actual car, hilarious!

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Ruby Red Magneride/Recaro Seats
Talking to my dealer about the pricing issue and he reckons that Ford are looking to implement brand standards in the next few months to try and address massive discounting.
He also contends that they are bringing in less of the MY18 to protect value.
Hope he's right

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Talking to my dealer about the pricing issue and he reckons that Ford are looking to implement brand standards in the next few months to try and address massive discounting.
Hope he's right
Brand standard? This is Ford we are talking about. lol Just only bring in pre ordered cars at close to RRP. Problem solved.

Ford 18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2018 Ruby Red Magneride/Recaro Seats
I know Mick - it is Ford but the fact that someone in the organisation has said this indicates that someone knows that there is a problem with the way Mustang sales have been handled.
I'm not holding my breath though

Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I know Mick - it is Ford but the fact that someone in the organisation has said this indicates that someone knows that there is a problem with the way Mustang sales have been handled.
I'm not holding my breath though
Yes of course Ford will bring in less Mustangs in future. Mustang sales are in free fall anyway after that initial madness.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Hope he's right
They are bringing less based on sales nothing more, they will have a whole team looking at the numbers. It’s nothing at all to do with brand standards ect it’s all on profits
Another reason for the 4500 cars will be this stupid 75+k pricing.... I hope it’s not that high but it’s Ford we are talking about. Not the smartest around

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Makes you wonder if they say this, then there is huge demand for 2018 that they let dealers order themselves and it's the same thing over and again...The $72k+ pricing for base GT Manual is going to hurt sales regardless imo and like me i'm sure people are holding off till the 2018 is here to decide if they go with it or a 2017. Once that drops I think more interest will come and then potentially lead to the same if they don't learn.

OP
OP

lockwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY2019 Bullitt, 2018 BMW M2, 2019 MX5 RFGT
According to the American Mustang forum, the 2018 model is the shortest run ever. The start build date for the 2018 was early December 2017. Last order for 2018 model (in America) is 2 March 2018. Order banks open for the 2019 model on 12 March 2018 with the first 2019 model coming off the line on 11 June 2018. This brings Ford back to June (the American summer) each year as production for the next model.

2019 changes are expected to be confined to additional colours with some colours deleted.

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
According to the American Mustang forum, the 2018 model is the shortest run ever. The start build date for the 2018 was early December 2017. Last order for 2018 model is 2 March 2018. Order banks open for the 2019 model on 12 March 2018 with the first 2019 model coming off the line on 11 June 2018. This brings Ford back to June (the American summer) each year as production for the next model,
Interesting, i really thought the only change to 2019 was that they were introducing the Bullit and GT500!

Sponsored

V8KOOP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback Competition Orange manual
Let’s face facts FORD has no brand strategy whatsoever. I don’t even think they have a profit strategy to be honest. They couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery let alone plan a vehicle supply chain. Only certainty is that whatever the RRP, after 6 months it will be heavily discounted. Mustang was supposed to be the HERO model for Ford, but the way they treated the initial 2016 buyers by slashing prices clearly demonstrates they really have no Customer consideration or Brand/model strategy. I certainly will never pay RRP for another Mustang, ever.

Anchor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Let’s face facts FORD has no brand strategy whatsoever. I don’t even think they have a profit strategy to be honest. They couldn’t organise a piss up in a brewery let alone plan a vehicle supply chain. Only certainty is that whatever the RRP, after 6 months it will be heavily discounted. Mustang was supposed to be the HERO model for Ford, but the way they treated the initial 2016 buyers by slashing prices clearly demonstrates they really have no Customer consideration or Brand/model strategy. I certainly will never pay RRP for another Mustang, ever.
I sold a GT last week for full RRP. Hope this helps.
Instead of just dropping 30 on us at once, they should have at least held them in compound and drip fed them... When you've got dealers paying floor plan on a heap of expensive vehicles that are taking up "Ranger room", they're going to try anything to get rid of them.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Instead of just dropping 30 on us at once, they should have at least held them in compound and drip fed them... When you've got dealers paying floor plan on a heap of expensive vehicles that are taking up "Ranger room", they're going to try anything to get rid of them.
That's Ford. Sorry,the Ranger company.

V8KOOP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback Competition Orange manual
Whoever just paid RRP must live under a rock!!!!
How did you pull that one off with a straight face! You must be the Dealership Accountant's favourite Salesman!!!!

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Is anyone trading in their 2015-2017 on a 2018 ? What sort of trade in price are people getting ?
Sponsored