Sponsored

Anyone use the Caliperfexion brake bolt kit?

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Another little known fact is that they are even being used on the Ford Performance Racing School cars at the GT350 Track Attack. During my last visit I discussed them and they love the ease of pad changes, along with not having to worry about over torqueing the bolt into the aluminum knuckle. Many more things to learn as you hang around a while
Dang you Epiphany!!!! I just shelled out ~$200 for a required tow hook and now I am gonna have too... finally... get a set of these! Yeah, been putting it off for 6 + months. :doh: ;)

p.s. [MENTION=28483]Venandakatra[/MENTION] ... thanks for the reminder! :cheers:
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
[MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION], I went to order the extension tubes and was looking to pay. Do you accept PayPal?

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350 Track Package White w/blue stripes
So if this is a track car with big brakes and engine/trans/diff coolers and track mode, why did Ford forget to make it easy to change the pads?
Do we need to change pads for the track?
Speaking of FORD forgetting....there's a lot of "things" you would normally put on this car from the get go....like for instance a way to tow it back to the pits if, heaven forbid, it stopped running on the track!!! :shrug::shrug: I mean what company "forgets" this on a car they know will be used on the track.:lol: BMW sure didn't!! Not to mention "forgetting" to install the coolers on those cheap tech pack cars.:doh: All that aside I do love the car for what it is. Glad I got the track pack. :thumbsup:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Bump.

Kudos, to you and the Mrs. @Epiphany , on the slick new website :clap2:
The host for the .com site was near impossible to communicate with (located in Germany) so she didn't renew the agreement and switched to GoDaddy as well as a .net domain. It's pretty basic but simple to manage. Probably why she married me.:)

@Epiphany , I went to order the extension tubes and was looking to pay. Do you accept PayPal?
The site uses Square merchant services and is as seamless as Paypal. Take a look if you haven't.

Sponsored

Gilby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350, 98 Cobra
OK, so which one is better? Stainless or 4340? I have been meaning to order these, there are a lot of parts that I need to order for both cars. :frusty:

5.2 VooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp. Orange GT 350 - Born March 3rd - Arrrived March 14th
I'll fully admit that I was a procrastinator on this job, but here are the results. I had ordered a set of OEM calipers and wanted them finished in a body color complete with the "Brembo" logo. Took forever to get them back from the body shop.

In the mean time, I had the very slick Caliperfexion caliper studs sitting in the garage waiting for the calipers. Install was exactly as specified in the instructions. To be honest after using these and the relatively small cost involved I can't see anyone going back to a bolt on set-up.

[URL]https://photos.smugmug.com/Caliperfexion/i-d6LDFPG/0/2927f574/X2/26751-X2.jpg[/URL][\img].

[img][URL]https://photos.smugmug.com/Caliperfexion/i-3rDcfZz/0/7b00c684/X2/26752-X2.jpg[/URL].

Last edited:

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
I just got mine yesterday(4340), and I must say I have never seen any part(s) more meticulously packed than these bolts and extensions. They come all carefully individually netted. Wow! I spent half the day on my SRP pedals and these are next. I have used up a good portion of my original pads on two track events and this setup will make changing pads a breeze.

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
I just installed the caliper studs on my car yesterday. Wanted give a big thumbs up for the quality of the product. I got the extensions along with the kit. My friend and I were very impressed with the kit...even included a torx socket to remove the stock bolt. The only part that was a bit tricky was cleaning out the dry Locktite from the existing threads in the knuckle. I had Nimmo Machine in Costa Mesa cut some longitudinal groves in one of the old bolts and use that to clean out the threads...worked great. You could do this at home with a dremel and a cutting wheel. By the way if you live in the Orange County area Nimmo Machine is a great place to take your machine/fabrication work. So overall I'm very pleased with this product and know I'll love it more when I have to change pads. :like:

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
I would be using mine but I packed them and now can't find them.

Sponsored

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
Sandy,
Try packing everything and moving 1100 miles. I found lots of stuff I hadn't seen in years but can't find lots of stuff either.

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)

shelbyman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sandy
Vehicle(s)
Sandy,
Try packing everything and moving 1100 miles. I found lots of stuff I hadn't seen in years but can't find lots of stuff either.
Say Gordon I can't remember where exactly you moved to.....refresh my memory porfavor...just using my Spanish as I think I'll need it soon down here....:rockon:
Sponsored