2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, but that is the demon destroyer. If you have an 800hp car and get it to 900+ with front wheel assist, less spinning and more winning.
800+ and <4000 lbs will still decimate a demon.
Sponsored

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
KERS??

Hot and cold game, Bmac? :D

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Yes, but that is the demon destroyer. If you have an 800hp car and get it to 900 with front wheel assist, less spinning and more winning.AND it won't take race gas. Weight will probably be close to a unloaded Demon.
Of course batteries and electric motors have shelf life but I'm sure 10 years is possible with the batteries and motors lose some torque over time. At least speaking about my brushless motors in my hobby stuff. My thought though is that it will be relatively inexpensive to purchase new down the road with returns. They are fairly easy to rebuild and batteries can probably be recycled for some sort of $?? I dont know, but it sounds like whoever is getting this one will be kicking my butt at the lights.
I should have known. It's always a fight between. Ford and Chevy and the mid engine is supposed to be coming with this as well.
Mach, wouldn't that be something, 700-800 hp engine and 100 hp plus the instant torque of front batteries. Not sure how the heck they would get that all packaged in there though. you'd be talking sub 2.5 0-60. It would be amazing from a dig.

Sponsored

ProblemHouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Fastback GT350 replica
Mach, wouldn't that be something, 700-800 hp engine and 100 hp plus the instant torque of front batteries. Not sure how the heck they would get that all packaged in there though. you'd be talking sub 2.5 0-60. It would be amazing from a dig.
I am very strong on the AWD idea. I am no industry insider or engineer, just a ford guy.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
800+ and <4000 lbs will still decimate a demon.
Yes Sir, especially with front wheel assist.
It'll fit! Same words I told my wife many years ago.... It just takes a lot of effort ;).
250HP up front would be good 600 in the back:) 305s up front gripping instead of doing wheelies, sounds good to me, especially for street driving. The demon has been exorsized.

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yes Sir, especially with front wheel assist.

Itll fit. Same words I told my wife many years ago... ;).
250HP up front would be good 600 in the back:) 305s up front gripping instead of doing wheelies, sounds good to me, especially for street driving. The demon has been exorsized.
Demon will have a hard time keeping up with either early or later one.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Demon will have a hard time keeping up with either early or later one.
Music to my ears.....
'Back in the sattle again'

Soon the moans , groans and nashing of teeth will be echoing thru the screens of many a Chevy and Dodge forum. ...ok ok...there will be the occasional (too many probably) doofis who comes to the ford forums because his voice is not heard well enough in his/her/It's forum. (super sad by the way)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
If S650 was pushed back to March 2021 that would make it a MY22 so they could do a 2019/2020 GT500 and a 2021 GT500KR

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Yeah, that's what he ment, I'm sure. I guess I'm old fashion a bit and like To keep things simple.
IIRC Oldsmobile sold 442 coupes and convertibles some model years based on completely different base models. So sheet metal was different and interiors too.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Are you able to hint at pricing for the first model? Sub-$80s ADMs notwithstanding?
I'd expect mid 80s starting. Baaaaaaad mammajamma.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
IIRC Oldsmobile sold 442 coupes and convertibles some model years based on completely different base models. So sheet metal was different and interiors too.

That was back when you could also have or not have any option known to man on a car. I know its possible, but in todays manufacturing environment, it probably wont. See Top Notch's post above, this is the way it will probably happen.

I'd expect mid 80s starting.
That doesn't surprise me at all. With 800HP and all that good stuff to make it lighter. fast in a line and fast around a track.
The demon is straight line only and when I sent in my order it was 93K and it wasn't even loaded up, but thank goodness those big lip fender flairs were standard ;)
Sponsored