Sponsored

Base or Premium GT

Which 2017 Ford Mustang GT would you buy?

• Base

Votes: 67 29.6%
  • Premium

Votes: 159 70.4%

• Total voters

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
GT Premium all the way!
Sponsored

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
If you are looking to mod the car, go premium. I bought a base because I didn't actually want leather (too hot around here). But I didn't learn until after the fact about the rear bumper and a few other odds and ends that the premium gets over the base.

My old car had heated seats, and the few weeks of winter we get that would have been nice, but now I am really curious about the AC seats...
The cooled seats actually work fairly well. The dealer told me it almost feels like you're sitting in a cool puddle, and it does. Definitely nice to have on hot days if you can find a set for sale. I planned to go with the Recaro's but with the cold winters here I figured I'd get more use from heated seats, the cooled feature was a nice bonus for the summers.

BobbyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I would go premium. Creature comforts over performance. The opposite of the decision I made in 2015. Nothing wrong with the base and PP, but I'm a sucker for red leather.

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Skip the “all the stuff”, but certainly Premium makes the car a comfy luxurious GT.

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR
What comes standard with premum
1. Drive Modes
2. Heated and cooled front seats
3. Leather trimmed front buckets.
4. Dual zone AC
5.AM/FM stereo with single CD player and 9 speakers with amplifier
6. SiriusXM® Radio
7. Sync 3.
8. Ambient lighting
9. Bright door speaker, cup holder, air vent and instrument cluster surrounds
10. Illuminated sill plates
11. Universal Garage Door Opener
12. Mirrors - body-color, heated with integrated blind spot mirrors and turn signal indicators
13. Pony projection lights
14. Rear diffuser
A lot comes with the Premium. You simply have to ask yourself if it's worth it to YOU. For ME it was, but your priorities may be different.

For me it was all about the leather, Sync 3, drive modes and dual climate control (so the GF doesn't crank the heat on me when it's already 80 degrees outside :frusty:)
The rest are just neat add ons.

Sponsored

blackyote_317

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I said base because that's what I bought. I would have liked the PP and premium packages for a few features but they weren't worth the price to me. So, I guess if I was comfortable with a bigger budget I would have bought those packages but for me it wasn't worth it.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Premium is worth the extra $ in my opinion. So much nicer inside and more features.

GT-SV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
I always thought of it more as a grand tourer since its right in the name. That should include a nice balance of performance and luxery which the premium model does. As a grand tourer, I think the base model comes up way too short for the name.
Exactly. And I come with a long list of luxury cars owned in the past. As a Grand Tourer the Premium has the right amount of luxury equipment/trim. It’s a nicer interior than many 3/4 series BMWs in same price range.

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I voted premium, but the base model is a great value in terms of performance bang for the buck. My main reason for going premium is primarily for a few options that are only available on the premium models.

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
I voted base because I don't like leather, don't care about the stereo, and would probably never use most of the premium options.

I tend to keep vehicles a long time and a lot of the premium stuff is electrical stuff that is just something that is going to probably give you trouble in the future.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Ford's "leather" in the Premiums is so terrible, I'd rather have a base vehicle. The seats in my base 2016 car are so much more comfortable than those in my 2012 Premium, it's a sad joke.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Ford's "leather" in the Premiums is so terrible, I'd rather have a base vehicle. The seats in my base 2016 car are so much more comfortable than those in my 2012 Premium, it's a sad joke.
Not really sure how there is a comfort difference in material, but okay.

The cooled and heated part make the leather seats more comfortable. Lumbar support is much appreciated on the back as well.

Hopefully all these features hold up over time. I've already had to get a replacement part for my seat under warranty.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
A lot comes with the Premium. You simply have to ask yourself if it's worth it to YOU. For ME it was, but your priorities may be different.

For me it was all about the leather, Sync 3, drive modes and dual climate control (so the GF doesn't crank the heat on me when it's already 80 degrees outside :frusty:)
The rest are just neat add ons.
Keep in mind if you get the 301A package on the base model you get Sync 3, 9 speakes, drive modes, dual zone climate control, ambient lighting, etc.

You save $2K vs Premium and if you prefer cloth to leather it might be the better option.

I am still leaning towards Premium but will sit in both. I like the idea of heated seats and I am also really considering the new digital dash.

section30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Auto Lightning Blue
Keep in mind if you get the 301A package on the base model you get Sync 3, 9 speakes, drive modes, dual zone climate control, ambient lighting, etc.

You save $2K vs Premium and if you prefer cloth to leather it might be the better option.

I am still leaning towards Premium but will sit in both. I like the idea of heated seats and I am also really considering the new digital dash.
Exactly! When I was trying to find an end-of-year 2017, premium was the only way to go (but I could not find one equipped the way I wanted). But, since I prefer cloth seats, ordering a 2018 with the 301a package very nicely meets my requirements.

HeavyMetalMonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2018 GT Premium PP/MR

Yeah, good points. For me it kinda came down to the fact I hadn't bought a new car since 2004 so I could justify the expense of the creature comforts.
Sponsored