Sponsored

Base or Premium GT

Which 2017 Ford Mustang GT would you buy?

• Base

Votes: 67 29.6%
  • Premium

Votes: 159 70.4%

• Total voters

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
So here is another poll for you guys and gals. Purchase a Base GT Performance Package and buy leather take offs on eBay or go for the Premium? The only other option I would get on the Premium is the 401A (Projector Pony is pretty cool)
Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
The projector pony is standard on all premium models. Everyone is just going to tell u to get what they have. What is it that you want?

The leather seats look nice but are not as comfortable. Cloth seats are never cold and never hot. Also the leather in my 2015 had a butt print in it by 10k miles and I only weigh 195

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
premium for sure.. if you like comfy interior

tritus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat
Other than the butt print issue (you only see it for 10 seconds a day but mine still bothered me) I would say go for premium.

Sponsored

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
If you can swing it , get the premium. You won't regret it.

Frankly with the state of changes in the pony car market I could see them eliminating the base cars or at least keeping them only for fleet/rental sales. The market is just going up

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
What comes standard with premum
1. Drive Modes
2. Heated and cooled front seats
3. Leather trimmed front buckets.
4. Dual zone AC
5.AM/FM stereo with single CD player and 9 speakers with amplifier
6. SiriusXM® Radio
7. Sync 3.
8. Ambient lighting
9. Bright door speaker, cup holder, air vent and instrument cluster surrounds
10. Illuminated sill plates
11. Universal Garage Door Opener
12. Mirrors - body-color, heated with integrated blind spot mirrors and turn signal indicators
13. Pony projection lights
14. Rear diffuser

Ilovemyv8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50th An. Race Red Auto
The leather seats look nice but are not as comfortable. Cloth seats are never cold and never hot. Also the leather in my 2015 had a butt print in it by 10k miles and I only weigh 195
My leather seats are the most comfortable I have ever had. The heater/cooler works well. I have 40k and no butt print. Mine must be rounder! Also 210.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
So here is another poll for you guys and gals. Purchase a Base GT Performance Package and buy leather take offs on eBay or go for the Premium? The only other option I would get on the Premium is the 401A (Projector Pony is pretty cool)
There's a whole lot more stuff missing on a base GT than jut leather seats. Like, a whole lot. Buying a base model and adding leather covers to the seats is not even close to buying a Premium.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I voted base. Leather is over-rated IMO. I'd rather have cloth. I'd also rather spend more of my money on the drivetrain and have a cheaper interior.

edit: I do like drive modes and heated/cooled seats, but they are definitely not needed.

mu5tang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB 3.7L
Base, the fun stuff can all be added and you'be be surprised how little you'll feel the needs to screw with the premium stuff. Leather seats, i love the cloth, no slide. cool lighting on stills and feet? 150$ you can add it. Better stereo, not worth the price. Sync 3? you got a smart phone? they made a cool place on the dash for it. heated n cooled seats... meh. pony projector lights is the only thing that makes it worth it, because it's a PITA to put them on the base model. but not worth the cost. get a base or a PP and then find the rims you want here on the forums for 1000-1200$. Get what your wallet can afford. The real question is base vs. PP base. imho, the best 2500$ you can spend considering what you get.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
When I move up to a GT in the future...it's going to be Base AF! :D

I hate leather seats and big screens.

camlitlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Camaro
I bought a base PP GT then swapped the cloth covers for OEM leather ones. While I am pretty happy with the car, if I had to do it over again, I would have forgone the PP and opted for premium. I had a premium 14 S197 and miss some of the bells and whistles. Oh and I would not have gotten black. Looks great until you actually drive it a mile down the road. I would have gone with for Oxford White or Race Red.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Base and manual = more money for mods!

I didn't even want PP, I knew I would get rid of the suspension. Also, I don't want a staggered setup for handling purposes.

Now with the MY18 getting a different suspension setup and REAL TIRES, it might be worth getting the PP.
Sponsored