Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

dave-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT, '16 SS Ute, Turbo 86
You have to continue holding the brake after the initialization step.
Champion! The error was entirely operator related.

I'm glad it is almost working!
Victory. It was all to do with how I was applying the brake pedal. Once I heard the ABS/Vacumn type sound and the countdown start I knew I was good to go. Filled my warehouse with smoke, still giggling to myself nearly an hour later.

Not a drag racer but the entertainment value alone is worth a few tyres in the future.

So to confirm, Aussie GT's just need to set Line Lock to enabled in the ABS and IPC modules. Can't believe people charge for that!
Sponsored

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Champion! The error was entirely operator related.

Victory. It was all to do with how I was applying the brake pedal. Once I heard the ABS/Vacumn type sound and the countdown start I knew I was good to go. Filled my warehouse with smoke, still giggling to myself nearly an hour later.

Not a drag racer but the entertainment value alone is worth a few tyres in the future.

So to confirm, Aussie GT's just need to set Line Lock to enabled in the ABS and IPC modules. Can't believe people charge for that!
NICE!

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I finally received my obdlink and connected yesterday.
First thing I want to do is disable the infamous belt-minder. On export models the procedure written in US manual doesn't work and you have to ask the dealer (as stated in our manual). I obviously asked the dealer but they are not able to do it, they don't know how to do, their software is not updated, blah blah blah.. don't know what they did but without realizing it they disabled driver's beltminder.
So now I have only passenger beltminder enabled.

Now I don't have my car here but checking yesterday I found beltminder status in a module, and it showed 'disabled' for both driver and passenger.

Checking the F-150 spreadsheet, they reported this values:

720-01-01 xxxx xx2x xxxx Driver seatbelt minder status off
720-01-01 xxxx xx4x xxxx Passenger seatbelt minder status off
720-01-01 xxxx xx0x xxxx Driver & passenger seatbelt minder status off

Do you think guys if this is the right way to go?
the beltminder is already available in the module config for the RCM. See attached for stuff that would be pre built-in. That beta forscan I posted on the last page not only has all dealer stuff built-in, but also has the changes in the spreadsheet.

I don't have it available, but basically you would use the non-ASBUILT module configuration. It would be available as a drop-down.

edit: clearly I didn't read the whole post. you already found them in the RCM. You shouldn't need to manually type anything in AS-BUILT for it.
servvv.jpg

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
[MENTION=25081]Agent_S550[/MENTION] were you ever able to pull ford strings and get us meaning behind all the module code? I wish we could have documentation on what each bit represents in all modules (though, it's probably proprietary). This must be documented SOMEWHERE. I refuse to believe a software engineer didn't document anything somehow.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
[MENTION=25081]Agent_S550[/MENTION] were you ever able to pull ford strings and get us meaning behind all the module code? I wish we could have documentation on what each bit represents in all modules (though, it's probably proprietary). This must be documented SOMEWHERE. I refuse to believe a software engineer didn't document anything somehow.
Unfortunately no such luck yet. But I'm fortunate to work with a very smart team of programmers/tech guys that do understand this stuff better than I do (hexa and programming that is) and have already told them about my ideas. We've had a few office conversations and it may prove to be something doable.

Sponsored

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Unfortunately no such luck yet. But I'm fortunate to work with a very smart team of programmers/tech guys that do understand this stuff better than I do (hexa and programming that is) and have already told them about my ideas. We've had a few office conversations and it may prove to be something doable.
I'm a software engineer and work in hex every day, but without documentation it's basically all guesswork, we need a key of somekind. What kinda ideas?

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
It absolutely is documented somewhere... deep in Ford's engineering / programming dept.. labelled Top Secret. The thing is Ford does not want this information to get out. When it does, then people go around enabling features meant to be paid upgrades (like Navigation), then they have to spend A LOT of money on fixes to prevent it from happening.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
the beltminder is already available in the module config for the RCM. See attached for stuff that would be pre built-in. That beta forscan I posted on the last page not only has all dealer stuff built-in, but also has the changes in the spreadsheet.

I don't have it available, but basically you would use the non-ASBUILT module configuration. It would be available as a drop-down.

edit: clearly I didn't read the whole post. you already found them in the RCM. You shouldn't need to manually type anything in AS-BUILT for it.
Yes I already found 1 occurence for both in a module (atm I can't recall what module) and they were both disabled, but passenger beltminder is still active.

In post #684 user [MENTION=14366]dave-[/MENTION] posted some forscan screenshot where you can see beltminder status in two screens (also with different status), so I believe it is in two modules (at least for export cars) but I can't replicate those screens..

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Yes I already found 1 occurence for both in a module (atm I can't recall what module) and they were both disabled, but passenger beltminder is still active.

In post #684 user [MENTION=14366]dave-[/MENTION] posted some forscan screenshot where you can see beltminder status in two screens (also with different status), so I believe it is in two modules (at least for export cars) but I can't replicate those screens..

it should be that second one. that first one looks like the IPC. I gotta check mine now... Pretty sure all you need is the RCM change. DAMN IMPORTERS :)

if anything, try setting disabled in both places and see if you're good.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
It absolutely is documented somewhere... deep in Ford's engineering / programming dept.. labelled Top Secret. The thing is Ford does not want this information to get out. When it does, then people go around enabling features meant to be paid upgrades (like Navigation), then they have to spend A LOT of money on fixes to prevent it from happening.
gotta be some ex-employee somewhere that could leak it, haha.

too bad for them, it's too late, WE CANNOT BE STOPPED.

Sponsored

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
gotta be some ex-employee somewhere that could leak it, haha.

too bad for them, it's too late, WE CANNOT BE STOPPED.
I work as a data analyst. He works in IT/Programming etc. I map data all day long. With enough data I'm sure I can map recurrences and establish a little bit of logic.

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
It would be great if someone could find the tire size in the as built data. I am sure it is there somewhere. The Whipple flare device can change it.

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
It would be great if someone could find the tire size in the as built data. I am sure it is there somewhere. The Whipple flare device can change it.
Or get a hold of a flare tool and compare a before and after to see what changed.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
0726-40-01 xxxx FFRR xxxx

FF = front tire pressure in hex
RR = rear tire pressure in hex

this is the placard tire pressure, not sure if it can be written, haven't tried.

edit: i'm an idiot. ignore.

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
0726-40-01 xxxx FFRR xxxx

FF = front tire pressure in hex
RR = rear tire pressure in hex

this is the placard tire pressure, not sure if it can be written, haven't tried.

edit: i'm an idiot. ignore.
So would changing this change when the low pressure warning comes on? This might be good for people running low pressure in rear drag tires.
Sponsored