Sponsored

Tramlining with 275s up front?

invaliduser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible PP
You guys with the 275 tires up front on GTs with PP notice much tramlining, err feeling the car wandering and tracking imperfections in the road?

I'm reading about how crappy the stock Pzeros are so just planning ahead what I want to do. I want to square up the tires but then I get stuck with remembering that the wheels are a different width in the rear. But maybe still squaring them up but just live with not rotating them.
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I am running 285's with a slew of Steeda suspension components and really never experience this. Very seldom does it happen.

Twenty15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium | DIB
I don't have that experience either. I am running a winter package with Conti DWS. My summers are Nittos 275 and still good.

racer24crm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
Usually, a staggered setup will help mitigate tramlining. Check your pressure in each tire and make sure its around 32 in each. Mine was set to 40 all around from the factory. I was tramlining like crazy until I let the pressure out.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
You guys with the 275 tires up front on GTs with PP notice much tramlining, err feeling the car wandering and tracking imperfections in the road?

I'm reading about how crappy the stock Pzeros are so just planning ahead what I want to do. I want to square up the tires but then I get stuck with remembering that the wheels are a different width in the rear. But maybe still squaring them up but just live with not rotating them.
There are a few guys running the factory PP wheels with the 275 tires all around. They havent stated anything negative about the setup, except the Pirelli tires suck lol.

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Your alignment will have a greater impact on tramlining than simply the width of your front tires. Front toe should be as close to zero or slightly toe-in for straight line stability and minimal tramlining. Toe-out increases steering response and is good for auto-x'ers but will increase front tire sensitivity and also wears out the tires much more quickly.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
Your alignment will have a greater impact on tramlining than simply the width of your front tires. Front toe should be as close to zero or slightly toe-in for straight line stability and minimal tramlining. Toe-out increases steering response and is good for auto-x'ers but will increase front tire sensitivity and also wears out the tires much more quickly.
Very true sir.

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470
Every day I drive down a road which is kind of falling apart. There is a rut along the passenger side tire path, where the road is kind of falling away towards the ditch. Tramlining is very noticeable there, but ONLY there. I don't notice it on any other road. I don't think it's worth worrying about. ETA: I should add, I felt this before I got 275s up front, and also in other cars as well - it's just a little worse with the wider tires.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
Every day I drive down a road which is kind of falling apart. There is a rut along the passenger side tire path, where the road is kind of falling away towards the ditch. Tramlining is very noticeable there, but ONLY there. I don't notice it on any other road. I don't think it's worth worrying about. ETA: I should add, I felt this before I got 275s up front, and also in other cars as well - it's just a little worse with the wider tires.
Well of course in that case ive had that occur as well, but the road falling apart like that would def cause tramlining.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I've noticed some minor tramlining on my 275s. Usually minor and is influenced by the quality of the roads you drive on.

Sponsored
OP
OP
invaliduser

invaliduser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible PP
Well for us up here in MA on the eastern side around Boston, all the roads are shitty.
At least hearing from you guys I should be ok.

I currently have a Lincoln MKZ with the stock 19" 245 tires and have some tramlining once in a while. I guess I can live with the 275s then since they won't be that bad