stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I did mine a couple of weeks back along with the Steeda pedal. Anyone feel that the pedal assembly is a bit wobbly? Maybe too strong of a word, but I mean not as solid as before? I haven't driven the car in a few months so I don't know if I'm just imagining things. And yes, I'm sure I tightened the nuts on tightly.
I didn't notice it feeling any different. I went with the two metal washers and nylon spacer...

I also installed the Steeda pedal but quickly decided it wasn't for me.
Sponsored

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
When I installed my Steeda pedal, the bolts to remove the pedal assembly required a deep socket. I could probably stack 2 inches of spacers on each bolt and still have room left over. I ended up putting thin 3/8ths wide spaces, and it turned out to not be high enough. I need to redo it one of these days and add more height because I still can't reach it to heel-toe unless I'm standing on my brakes.

OP
OP

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
This might help. Take the nuts off the three studs, lift the pedal assembly and put the spacers on the studs. Replace pedal assembly (on top of spacers) and put the nuts back on.

I did mine a couple of weeks back along with the Steeda pedal. Anyone feel that the pedal assembly is a bit wobbly? Maybe too strong of a word, but I mean not as solid as before? I haven't driven the car in a few months so I don't know if I'm just imagining things. And yes, I'm sure I tightened the nuts on tightly.
Almost 2 months since installing the spacers. Just checked the gas pedal the other day, very sturdy, not wobbly at all.

Did you install spacers of 1 inch outside diameter? 1 inch diameter is good. Less OD could make it wobbly.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
When I installed my Steeda pedal, the bolts to remove the pedal assembly required a deep socket. I could probably stack 2 inches of spacers on each bolt and still have room left over. I ended up putting thin 3/8ths wide spaces, and it turned out to not be high enough. I need to redo it one of these days and add more height because I still can't reach it to heel-toe unless I'm standing on my brakes.
Maybe V6 is different (having shorter bolts). Anyway on my V6 the bolts can not take spacers more than 3/4 inch thick.

Right now I am using 1/2 inch spacers (3/8 + 1/8 on each bolt), which seems to be just right for me. I am fully enjoying heel-toe in my daily driving.

Speaking of heel-toe, I'd like to mention that the 3-2 down shifts require somewhat long blipping to achieve perfect rpm match. This is due to steep gear ratio changes from 3rd to 2nd gear, as well as the fact that I don't brake hard during my heel-toes (because these heel-toes are done in daily/street driving). Plus I do double clutch while doing heel-toe. Anyway it feels like that I have to `blip' the gas for almost half second in order to get the rpm high enough for 2nd gear. The flywheel must be pretty heavy.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Anyway it feels like that I have to `blip' the gas for almost half second in order to get the rpm high enough for 2nd gear. The flywheel must be pretty heavy.
Whatever the reason, maybe you have to learn to kick the gas harder instead of longer when dropping down into 2nd.

I know I have to with the TR3650, which has an even wider 2-3 spacing than your MT82.

Norm

Sponsored

OP
OP

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Whatever the reason, maybe you have to learn to kick the gas harder instead of longer when dropping down into 2nd.

I know I have to with the TR3650, which has an even wider 2-3 spacing than your MT82.

Norm
Thanks and agree. I will make a mental note of that.

Jeff73Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT PP
Back to report. I measured the studs and got a reading of .240 A true 1/4 hole is perfect. I lifted mine 1/2 by cutting some stainless stee bar stock and drilling holes. they don't have to be 100% centered, just close worked fine. I was a little worried that I might not have enough thread, but it was fine. Pedal position is now perfect for heel toe operation.

I also added a clutch pedal spacer. Overall both projects took about 20 minutes including drilling the bar stock.

Worlds better!

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Thanks and agree. I will make a mental note of that.
I posted this little clip in some other thread somewhere a day or two ago, but it illustrates what I was putting into text.

It crosses my mind that you want to make this little mod as stable and secure as you can get it. Large diameter spacers would be indicated over slender posts.

About 2 seconds in, the throttle % (top number) goes from zero to 99 in a single frame (at 30 frames/second) and stays there for only 5 . The bottom number is mph, and 91 mph in 3rd - the gear I was downshifting into - is pretty close to redline for my engine, gearing, and tire size. No telling how much side force gets put on the pedal at such times.

Don't blink or you'll miss it.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ka8nffJ1RW8/mqdefault.jpg

Norm

Last edited:
OP
OP

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
I posted this little clip in some other thread somewhere a day or two ago, but it illustrates what I was putting into text.

It crosses my mind that you want to make this little mod as stable and secure as you can get it. Large diameter spacers would be indicated over slender posts.

About 2 seconds in, the throttle % (top number) goes from zero to 99 in a single frame (at 30 frames/second) and stays there for only 5 . The bottom number is mph, and 91 mph in 3rd - the gear I was downshifting into - is pretty close to redline for my engine, gearing, and tire size. No telling how much side force gets put on the pedal at such times.

Don't blink or you'll miss it.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ka8nffJ1RW8/mqdefault.jpg

Norm
Thanks. But I only see a very small picture?

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
This is freaking GENIUS!!

I bought the Steeda heel/toe pedal, and was planning to put spacers in between the stock pedal and the Steeda cover, but this will be way easier and better! I'm headed to Lowe's very soon!

JR

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Thanks. But I only see a very small picture?
[ame]

Better now?

Youtube changed their video manager page a little and it's not as easy for me to work with any more.

Norm

OP
OP

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals

Better now?

Youtube changed their video manager page a little and it's not as easy for me to work with any more.

Norm
Now I see the video. But ... for me at least ... it's impossible to see the 0-99% throttle change in the video. I watched it several times and I did not blink.

But I get what you trying to say -- kick the gas pedal hard and quick.

OP
OP

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Now I see. Very nicely done.

Truth be told, I did the 25% trick myself already, but I was paying attention to the 2 second mark (as you said 2 seconds in).

Thank you.

OP
OP

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
lol, if you watch the 10 second video and play at 25% speed, then very difficult to see it (at the 2 second mark).

but if you watch the 40 second version (slowed down by Norm himself) then you can see (at the 7-8 second mark, corresponding to 2 second mark in normal speed) the quick change in throttle pressure.

why? :frusty:
Sponsored