DIY - Lifting Gas Pedal w/ Spacers for Heel-Toe, <$5

OP
OP

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
OK, (I think I) got you -- use wire to secure spacers together.

OP
OP

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Wow, that's a nicely drawn picture, even reflecting the difference between the 3/8 id of the thicker spacer and the 1/4 id of the thinner spacer. Now I totally understand what you have been trying to convey to me.

Sorry for my being dim-headed, as well as lack of DIY experiences. When I read gas weld wire, I just conjured up welding spacers together.

Redline271

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
Great idea to use the spacers! This made a big difference in pedal feel. I looked for some 1/4 ID spacers with no luck so I used the same 1 x 3/8 x 3/8 spacers you purchased. I had some 1"OD x 1/4"ID fender washers and just put one on each side of the nylon spacer. Worked great and that is just about 1/2". :headbang:

Found 1/8 inch thick nylon spacers at ACE, with 1/4 inch hole size. Looks like that 1/4 inch hole is still a bit too large than the bolts holding the gas pedal.

Thinking to add a 1/8 thick spacer on top of my 3/8 thick spacer, which would produce 1/2 inch lift total? Any risk in using two nylon spacers (one 3/8 thick and one 1/8 inch thick)? This could be a silly question, but I truly don't know whether I am supposed to use two spacers. Let me know please.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Great idea to use the spacers! This made a big difference in pedal feel. I looked for some 1/4 ID spacers with no luck so I used the same 1 x 3/8 x 3/8 spacers you purchased. I had some 1"OD x 1/4"ID fender washers and just put one on each side of the nylon spacer. Worked great and that is just about 1/2". :headbang:
Glad you like it. It would be nice if we can find spacers in right size.

OP
OP

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
The thing (to me at least) is that I can not find spacers of the right thickness (1/2'' in my case), with 1'' OD and smaller than (or equal to) 1/4'' ID. I could not even find 3/8'' ID with 1'' OD and 1/2'' thickness.

Jeff73Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT PP
I got a scrap of 1" od aluminum bar and cut 3 1/2" slugs out of it. I'll drill them to be a good fit. Total cost $0.00

Thanks for the great idea, When I get around to installing I'll try and remember to post pictures

OP
OP

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
I got a scrap of 1" od aluminum bar and cut 3 1/2" slugs out of it. I'll drill them to be a good fit. Total cost $0.00

Thanks for the great idea, When I get around to installing I'll try and remember to post pictures
That would be perfect. Make sure the hole is not too big. If you can measure the bolts, then ideal.

I know for certain that 1/4 inch ID is too large. 3/16 would be closer. But it would be safe to starter small and drill out to fit.

Sponsored

waited

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
GTP-PP 2015
Do you guys have any pictures of installed part?

I am interested on this tho... i do not image what you guys saying.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP

There's nothing to see once it's installed.

There are three posts/bolts coming out of the firewall that the gas pedal assembly mounts on. You're just installing spacers between the firewall and the pedal assembly to bring it closer to the driver's seat and in line with the brake pedal.

It takes all of 10 minutes and can be undone just as quickly if for some reason you don't like it.

B.Crowder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 Mustang GT Prem. M/T

This might help. Take the nuts off the three studs, lift the pedal assembly and put the spacers on the studs. Replace pedal assembly (on top of spacers) and put the nuts back on.

I did mine a couple of weeks back along with the Steeda pedal. Anyone feel that the pedal assembly is a bit wobbly? Maybe too strong of a word, but I mean not as solid as before? I haven't driven the car in a few months so I don't know if I'm just imagining things. And yes, I'm sure I tightened the nuts on tightly.
Sponsored