Sponsored

BLIS owners...401A worth it?

Dramad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Blk
I like it and feel like it's a great addition. Makes driving and changing lanes, backing out in crowded shopping centers easier.
Having had a lot of cars with out all the bells and whistles, it's nice to have them, even if they are things like a lil dot in the mirror or beep detection when a cars coming from your blind spot while backing out. I like it.
Sponsored

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
I personally like it. Never had it on another vehicle and even though I usually am already aware of what it's beeping about I like the back safety. Plus I enjoy the upgraded stereo.

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2021 twister orange gt performance pack
I wasn't originally looking for the 401a, but i am glad that i got it. I think that the radio is pretty good. Really like the easy exit feature and the blind spot monitor when backing up is very nice.
Worth the money

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG
To echo most of the other opinions, the package is definitely worth having, especially if you can negotiate a great deal on the car.

That said, I actually think the BLIS indicators (the small orange lights in the mirrors) are either not large enough, not bright enough or poorly placed. It is much quicker to turn your head all the way to the side than to turn just enough to search for the indicator light.

The cross traffic alert adds much more value to the package, although it is a bit too sensitive for my taste. I don't use the memory seat function or the HD radio, but I have tremendous appreciation for the Shaker Pro audio.

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT
For owners with the 401A package...is the BLIS worth it? Yes!!
Does it make it easier to back out? Yes. I know there is a camera but an added layer of detection that lets you know when someone is approaching from an angle you may not see or when you may be looking over the other shoulder can't be a bad thing.
Has it saved you from an accident? Can't say for sure but it has notified me of traffic before I could see it on the camera.
Would you buy the 401A again if you had to do it over again? Without a doubt!

The 401A has Shaker, HD radio and memory but I can live without these features. This is where we may be different as the memory function is one of the reasons I had to have it. Call me OCD, but when I find that "just right" seating position I like to keep it there. Good luck with that without memory.

And for what it's worth, the sub isn't that bad for the money you are paying. It has enough CLEAR/distortion free bass to shake all of the rear view mirrors and easily will drown out my Roush/Ford Racing Sport exhaust system!
Wondering if the BLIS will save me from a potentially expensive accident.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I have zero use for BLIS because I know how to adjust the mirrors so there is no car sized blind spot. But the cross traffic is worth something. When you're parked between two vans you are at risk of the moron driving across your path who assumes you can telepathically know he is coming so doesn't slow down or stop when he sees you backing out.

umarov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CO Premium PP
401A was a must for me, since this is my daily driver. BLIS and Cross traffic alert systems are very helpful. They could save you from an accident if you happen to not pay as much attention.
I use the memory seats to program one button to lower the mirrors, so when I parallel park, I can see how close my tires are to the curb.
Speaker system is nice too. I listen to a lot of music. I love it.
I would definitely buy it again. I got a great deal on my car.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Wasn't looking for it. Wouldn't do without it now that I've spent seven months with it. Highly recommend the 401/201A for all the reasons listed.

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Prem Vert w/PP, '20 GT Prem Vert w/PP
Wasn't looking for it. Wouldn't do without it now that I've spent seven months with it. Highly recommend the 401/201A for all the reasons listed.
Amen!

RJ

Ap8823

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
Yea it's worth it.cit really helps backing out

Sponsored

Grandmarshal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dario
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The 401A takes the car to another level period, the HD Radio, satellite XM, BLIS, navigation, etc...

I highly recommend it :)

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Blis is not worth it! Audio and back up sensors with cross traffic alert totally is! The reason bliss is not worth it is because it doesn't make any kind of noise to warn you! Just blinking or constant light up! I wouldn't mind a beep if i am getting too close to a car or cutting too close to someone! Beeping all the time would be annoying like hell, but a proximity ( distance related ) alert would be fine!
But it it beeped, would people even bother to look in the mirror? no sound pull into lane, beep then wait
this way you have to be looking in the mirror as you change lane, and you can see the lights on the mirror

flubyu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I echo a lot of people here, wasn't looking for it at first, but the car I ended up with had it. Now after several months of driving with the 401a package, I couldn't imagine without.

lawprofs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible Magnetic
It would be nice if BLIS gave some sort of signal (my last care shook the steering wheel). Nevertheless, having had it in a couple cars now, I wouldn't want a car that doesn't have it. If it saves your butt once over the life of the car, it more than pays for itself. Same for the cross traffic alert, which works pretty well.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I had the same system on my Ford Edge. Saved me once or twice with a blindspot alert, but I wouldn't/didn't pay for it again. (base GT)
Sponsored