BLIS owners...401A worth it?

OP
OP

4wheelpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Kia Optima SX
Yes, IMO, it is worth the $1,295 just for the BLIS and the Memory Seats. The upgraded stereo is just an added bonus. The HD radio is a huge benefit to me here in the Bay Area, as we have a lot of HD stations.

Yes. My driveway is lined with trees on the side, and is also at the end of a small "s" curve on a school street. When I leave in the morning, a lot of people are driving towards my house, and I can't see them because of both the trees, and the "s" curve.

The BLIS also features cross traffic alert and will detect a vehicle coming from 45' in either direction of the car. So as I back out, the BLIS will go off letting me know a vehicle is coming from the right, well before I can even see it.

I use it daily in this way!

No. Maybe...hard to say.

It's a must have for me, especially with the memory seat feature. I have my car seat behind me for my son. I have my driving position, and I also have a position set to move the seat all the way up.

Between hitting the button on my way out of the car, and the seat-back memory release, it's a breeze getting my son in and out
$1295 would be great but Ford charges $1795.

GREAT use of the memory feature!
Sponsored

MadBeach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT Conv/'14 Jeep Wrangler Altitude
the sub itself really does suck but it's better than no sub at all and just fine if you don't want to do aftermarket subs and stereo like me.
I haven't picked my Mustang up yet (any day now :frusty:) My '12 GT/CS didn't have BLIS or a backup camera, so I am looking forward to it.
If the sub sucks, why not change it out?...I did that on my new Jeep that has an "Alpine" system. Changing all the speakers and upgrading the sub (and stuffing the enclosure) was worth it more than installing an aftermarket system.:amen:

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
I haven't picked my Mustang up yet (any day now :frusty:) My '12 GT/CS didn't have BLIS or a backup camera, so I am looking forward to it.
If the sub sucks, why not change it out?...I did that on my new Jeep that has an "Alpine" system. Changing all the speakers and upgrading the sub (and stuffing the enclosure) was worth it more than installing an aftermarket system.:amen:

you can't just swap the sub out. it doesn't work like that unless you do custom enclosure and and some wiring...and if you replace the sub and all the speakers, you did install an aftermarket system lol...

MedStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Guard GT PP 401A
I'm really enjoying the 401a, although I wasn't searching for it and it just happened to be on the car I was getting. I enjoy it more so for the memory seats, mirrors, and lighting and upgraded stereo. However, the BLIS is pretty neat and does come in handy. I thought it might get annoying, but it isn't bothersome at all and does its job. The cross traffic alert has went off with someone just walking towards my car from the rear side. However, I got in my car the other day, was going to back out, the warning went off and I looked in the rear camera and saw no cars initially. Eventually a car came into the picture. Although I don't/won't depend on it completely, I could see how it could come in handy.

So in short, yes, I think its worth it.

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
Yes, I like 401A and I'd do it again.

Main reason I picked 401A was the Shaker Pro Audio System with 12 speakers. May not be audiofile quality but it is needed in the car. A must have in my opinion.

I have BLIS on two cars now so I'm getting more accustomed to it. The beeping of cross traffic backing out of a tight parking space is helpful when visibility is limited. I like the benefit, but from many years without it I still find turning my head is my preferred method.

Driver’s seat, mirrors, and ambient lighting with memory is alright, but not needed since I'm really the only driver.

HD Radio is unnecessary in my location. Little to no value.

Sponsored

MadBeach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT Conv/'14 Jeep Wrangler Altitude
you can't just swap the sub out. it doesn't work like that unless you do custom enclosure and and some wiring...and if you replace the sub and all the speakers, you did install an aftermarket system lol...
Not really...kept the head unit. Did the same in my last Mustang, they put decent head units in and crappy speakers...it's a cheap fix.:thumbsup:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Once you get to the Premium GT package, the minimal price difference to add 401a (since we're talking about a ~$40K car) it well worth it. Better audio (much improved bass and balance), BLIS is awesome, I can't imaging owning a car without it now, the other perks are all just icing on the cake.

Keep in mind to factor in your overall discount to the price as well :)

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Not really...kept the head unit. Did the same in my last Mustang, they put decent head units in and crappy speakers...it's a cheap fix.:thumbsup:
you swapping out to aftermarket speakers is replacing oem with aftermarket therefore you got aftermarket speakers in the car....so yes really. :crazy: lol regardless of headunit. you can't swap the headunit in the mustang anyways.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
For owners with the 401A package...is the BLIS worth it?
Does it make it easier to back out?
Has it saved you from an accident?
Would you buy the 401A again if you had to do it over again?

The 401A has Shaker, HD radio and memory but I can live without these features.
Wondering if the BLIS will save me from a potentially expensive accident.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Blis is not worth it! Audio and back up sensors with cross traffic alert totally is! The reason bliss is not worth it is because it doesn't make any kind of noise to warn you! Just blinking or constant light up! I wouldn't mind a beep if i am getting too close to a car or cutting too close to someone! Beeping all the time would be annoying like hell, but a proximity ( distance related ) alert would be fine!

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
The reason bliss is not worth it is because it doesn't make any kind of noise to warn you!

have you never had it in reverse and had a car or object moving behind you? it's goes banana's and puts warning on the screen at the dash for upcoming cross traffic

Sponsored

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Prem Vert w/PP, '20 GT Prem Vert w/PP
have you never had it in reverse and had a car or object moving behind you? it's goes banana's and puts warning on the screen at the dash for upcoming cross traffic
You've got that right.

RJ

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
the stock speakers are just bad but not the worst. and the head unit is ok. For me having a real EQ in there, even just a 5 band would help tons. much more over anything else. I have not seen the kicker in person but i dont know how a speaker/sub swap wouldnt be possible. i bought one of those special for mustang MTX sub boxes used for $150 and it was great for the money. im hoping there is some way to make it work with the new car but i doubt it.

I also dont see why the headunit cannot be changed out im sure there is an aftermarket one that is close and adapters can be used. if its about integrating with the cars systems then ok. but they do also make units that allow for proper eq and cross feeds while retaining the stock headunit.

For me the high premium was not worth it to order. If they offered BLIS and the memory seats as separate options then i would of had to of had them. but the stereo upgrade would be replaced anyway and ill save the money now to use later. to me it would be like someone getting a PP but replacing all the upgrades anyway.

SubZombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 401A
The 401A wasn't a must at all for me, the car just happened to have it.

Now I wouldn't get one without it.

The audio is better than some give it credit for. It's very well configured and the sound stage is excellent. I've heard people saying the sub isn't loud enough...it actually is quite loud its just configured correctly so you can't tell where the base is coming from. I think a lot of people are used to huge subs with the crossover set too high.

Blis is handy (saved me a cpl times), but the thing I find more useful than I EVER would have guessed are the memory seats. Being able to press a button and have the seat return to exactly where you decided the perfect position was is SO useful.

Also the price was only about $700 than a 400A with the same options when comparing the dealers internet prices (MSRP was pretty high on it I believe).

Last edited:

jlmoya88

Fucking A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Gray Premium Ecoboost
Heel yeah it is use it every day on my commute to work

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I think the 401A is a great package. I agree the stereo could be better but it's good enough for me and I lobe the memory seats and Mirrors. The blind spot detector works great too. I leave work when it's dark right now and as soon as I put my car in reverse if someone is coming in from the side it lets me know instantly so it has prevented me from backing out when someone was there.
Sponsored