Sponsored

BLIS owners...401A worth it?

4wheelpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Kia Optima SX
For owners with the 401A package...is the BLIS worth it?
Does it make it easier to back out?
Has it saved you from an accident?
Would you buy the 401A again if you had to do it over again?

The 401A has Shaker, HD radio and memory but I can live without these features.
Wondering if the BLIS will save me from a potentially expensive accident.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
For owners with the 401A package...is the BLIS worth it? To me, sure but not just for blis I got it for the upgraded stereo mostly.

Does it make it easier to back out? No, there is a camera for that that comes standard

Has it saved you from an accident? no, pay attention lol. it helps for situational awareness

Would you buy the 401A again if you had to do it over again? yes, personal preference here but it would drive me nuts without because I don't want to upgrade stereo and 400a stereo was lacking for me personally. 401a stereo isn't balls to the walls amazing but i stuffed the sub with polyfill and it does enough to help the sub and overall it sounds decent.

MultiMediaWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Magnetic

--> Yes

--> Yes from a parking lot with cross traffic

--> Probably not but who knows

--> Hell yeah!

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
had BLIS in my 14 IS350, dont have it in the stang, dont miss it. I find the visibility in the stang to be quite good for a coupe

Backwoods

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost
I would get it, the mustang has shitty blindspots.

Sponsored

OP
OP

4wheelpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Kia Optima SX
For owners with the 401A package...is the BLIS worth it? To me, sure but not just for blis I got it for the upgraded stereo mostly.

Does it make it easier to back out? No, there is a camera for that that comes standard

Has it saved you from an accident? no, pay attention lol. it helps for situational awareness

Would you buy the 401A again if you had to do it over again? yes, personal preference here but it would drive me nuts without because I don't want to upgrade stereo and 400a stereo was lacking for me personally. 401a stereo isn't balls to the walls amazing but i stuffed the sub with polyfill and it does enough to help the sub and overall it sounds decent.

I've had a few cars and my current kia optima has one of the best rearview cameras I've used having a standard wide view...wouldn't need blis with this view.
Don't remember if the Mustang's camera shows a wide view when backing up.

So after surrounding the sub, you are happy with the Shaker?

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
the sub itself really does suck but it's better than no sub at all and just fine if you don't want to do aftermarket subs and stereo like me.

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
Overall it's a really nice package. The stereo is loads better than the base shaker. BLIS I could probably live without, but it has spoiled me and is a really nice addition. Memory seats are awesome as well and comes with a feature that when you turn off the ignition the seat automatically slides back so you can get out easier, and slides back in when you turn the ignition on.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
I think the cross traffic alert can "see" much better than the backup camera. If your Mustang is parked between two F150 crew cabs, you will want the BLIS. But then again, you can always just back out very slowly and hope an approaching vehicle yields, and isnt busy sending and receiving text messages. :eek:

El Diablo

Made in USA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
IMO BLIS is worth it 100%... just drove round trip across the country in my Stang and it was very useful. Could you live without it? sure... but it was worth having Vs. not having.

Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
IMO BLIS is worth it 100%... just drove round trip across the country in my Stang and it was very useful. Could you live without it? sure... but it was worth having Vs. not having.
once you layer on Premium and 401A, you might as well get ACC / FCW. That's only another $1500. Of course, when you add it all up, its getting to be an expensive car.

Trappen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium

Yes I love it specially the cross traffic alert

Yes

Not sure it has.

Yes and Yes!

The stereo is much better and I do like the added safety features for holding value for later resale when the time comes.

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Yes, IMO, it is worth the $1,295 just for the BLIS and the Memory Seats. The upgraded stereo is just an added bonus. The HD radio is a huge benefit to me here in the Bay Area, as we have a lot of HD stations.

Yes. My driveway is lined with trees on the side, and is also at the end of a small "s" curve on a school street. When I leave in the morning, a lot of people are driving towards my house, and I can't see them because of both the trees, and the "s" curve.

The BLIS also features cross traffic alert and will detect a vehicle coming from 45' in either direction of the car. So as I back out, the BLIS will go off letting me know a vehicle is coming from the right, well before I can even see it.

I use it daily in this way!

No. Maybe...hard to say.

It's a must have for me, especially with the memory seat feature. I have my car seat behind me for my son. I have my driving position, and I also have a position set to move the seat all the way up.

Between hitting the button on my way out of the car, and the seat-back memory release, it's a breeze getting my son in and out.

fdl2phx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Mustang Bullitt
For owners with the 401A package...is the BLIS worth it? Absolutely

Does it make it easier to back out? Yes, cross traffic alert is amazing

Has it saved you from an accident? A couple of times backing out in parking lots, people in Scottsdale will not let you back out

Would you buy the 401A again if you had to do it over again? 100%

It comes out to $15/mo for the 401a. Completely worth it.

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
I didn't really want the BLIS but it came in our 50YLE. I thought it would be a nuisance but I actually don't mind it. I like it for freeway use to let me know if somebody is sneaking up on me or when i've gone far enough past somebody to move over.

It is no replacement for paying attention & being alert but I can see that it has some value. Not sure what the cost is so I can't say that it is "worth" the cost.
Sponsored