BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Well, l can now say that I'm finally done with exhaust! I got the one I have wanted since fall 2015: Corsa Sport catback.

I traded axlebacks with a new friend a couple hours out. He went to Xtreme and I to Sport. Both of us are extremely happy. I love the Xtreme sound but probably about 15% of the time I had moments where I felt it was too loud. The Sport is still pretty loud, but never over the top, and it has a richer, more full tone that I am smitten with. I forgot how much deeper this exhaust is. Carve this one in stone.
Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Well, l can now say that I'm finally done with exhaust! I got the one I have wanted since fall 2015: Corsa Sport catback.

I traded axlebacks with a new friend a couple hours out. He went to Xtreme and I to Sport. Both of us are extremely happy. I love the Xtreme sound but probably about 15% of the time I had moments where I felt it was too loud. The Sport is still pretty loud, but never over the top, and it has a richer, more full tone that I am smitten with. I forgot how much deeper this exhaust is. Carve this one in stone.
It seems like we all have to go to one notch too loud to find our tolerance level, then go back again.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It seems like we all have to go to one notch too loud to find our tolerance level, then go back again.
Pretty much this, yeah.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Riiiiight
I get the skepticism after all the switching! This one finally checks every box right and no "I like it, but I wish it was xxxx".

You don't by chance swing by the northwest area of Naperville much do you? There was a Ruby GT PP car that was across the street from my house last week for a night.

Sponsored

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I get the skepticism after all the switching! This one finally checks every box right and no "I like it, but I wish it was xxxx".

You don't by chance swing by the northwest area of Naperville much do you? There was a Ruby GT PP car that was across the street from my house last week for a night.
Nope, that wasn't me. But I do work in the 'thrill so you may see me on my commute at some point as I get on 88 at Winfield.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, that wasn't me. But I do work in the 'thrill so you may see me on my commute at some point as I get on 88 at Winfield.
Very cool. I often get on there too.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Added a half turn more damping on my Koni yellow rear shocks. I went from 1/4 turn from full soft to 3/4 turn. Pretty much everything got better. Better overall body control, more responsive rear end, less pitch forward during shifting, and surprisingly, a more settled ride. The increase in rebound limits the movement of the body back there and keeps it more planted over medium and larger bumps. Small, sharp bumps are a bit more noticeable, but no real change in perceptible harshness.

Good change!

mx5apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
With the SVE drift wheels you have you don't need spacers? I'm wanting a square setup but without spacers. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Nathan

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
With the SVE drift wheels you have you don't need spacers? I'm wanting a square setup but without spacers. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Nathan
They are a +35 and fit perfectly fine at 9.5 width. No spacers. The front wheel is about 7-8 mm under flush, the rear just under flush. Fit is nearly perfect.

Sponsored

mx5apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
They are a +35 and fit perfectly fine at 9.5 width. No spacers. The front wheel is about 7-8 mm under flush, the rear just under flush. Fit is nearly perfect.
Awesome, just what I wanted to know and thanks for the speedy reply!

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Added a half turn more damping on my Koni yellow rear shocks. I went from 1/4 turn from full soft to 3/4 turn. Pretty much everything got better. Better overall body control, more responsive rear end, less pitch forward during shifting, and surprisingly, a more settled ride. The increase in rebound limits the movement of the body back there and keeps it more planted over medium and larger bumps. Small, sharp bumps are a bit more noticeable, but no real change in perceptible harshness.

Good change!
This was my experience when I had the Konis. It felt better at about a full turn or even 1 1/2 turns. That said I ditched the setup as you know, as I felt the Konis were too much shock for the SP080s. Your rates are much higher than what I had. But even with my much lower rates, the ride felt much more settled with the higher rebound settings FWIW.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
This was my experience when I had the Konis. It felt better at about a full turn or even 1 1/2 turns. That said I ditched the setup as you know, as I felt the Konis were too much shock for the SP080s. Your rates are much higher than what I had. But even with my much lower rates, the ride felt much more settled with the higher rebound settings FWIW.
Great to know. I will have to try some more even. Now I just need the adjustable fronts! ;)

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Great to know. I will have to try some more even. Now I just need the adjustable fronts! ;)
Still got em in my garage bud! Let’s wait until I get my SP083s on. I have plan to get them put on February 12th and should get it back the 13th. It makes sense just to make sure I’m not gonna use the Konis ever again.

OP
OP
BmacIL

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Still got em in my garage bud! Let’s wait until I get my SP083s on. I have plan to get them put on February 12th and should get it back the 13th. It makes sense just to make sure I’m not gonna use the Konis ever again.
I agree. Was gonna wait until after you got the new stuff on.
Sponsored