Sponsored

Anyone have the Steeda heel/toe gas pedal?

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I'm not sure if this is the correct subforum to ask this question or not, but does anyone have the Steeda heel/toe gas pedal installed? I'd like to see a picture of it installed, if possible. It has positive reviews on their site, but I'm curious to see what it's like in practice in everyday driving. Thanks in advance for the help!
Sponsored

mauleed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Convertible GT
Bump on this. I simply can't heel-toe with the stock pedals and it's driving me nuts. This looks like a simple solution but would love some feedback.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
just need to learn to use the right side/lower right side of your foot over using the true part of the heel. you'll get used to it.

3 pedal metal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Did you all see this thread: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43590

I'm in the same boat and find heel-toe much harder than in my '12 GT. I plan to try the washer method 1st though. My gas pedal is too deep for me, it's not the gap between the gas pedal and brake for my feet.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I do. Problem with daily driving is - you're not braking hard enough (most of the time - at least I don't) for your foot to be on the height where you could hit the has pedal with the side of the foot. It works well with hard braking on a track but for street, you have to get accel pedal little higher (there's a billet piece somebody makes that elevates it).

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I saw this thread back up here today, so I figured I'd let everyone know that I picked up the Steeda heel/toe gas pedal a while back, and I love it! It's a quick and easy install, and it's great for the street or track! For the money ($20 or so IIRC), it's one of the best mods I've done.

golfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White EB
Here are mine-- I did the full kit as I have base model pedals and wanted an upgraded look. Note the steeda brake pedal is a tad larger and helps close the gap between gas and brake. I can definitely attest that heel toe is easier now, no matter if you prefer to keep your foot vertical or go sideways.
image1-2.jpg

mauleed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Convertible GT
just need to learn to use the right side/lower right side of your foot over using the true part of the heel. you'll get used to it.
How big are your feet? I'm a size 10 and there's no way that's workable for me.

mauleed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Convertible GT
Here are mine-- I did the full kit as I have base model pedals and wanted an upgraded look. Note the steeda brake pedal is a tad larger and helps close the gap between gas and brake. I can definitely attest that heel toe is easier now, no matter if you prefer to keep your foot vertical or go sideways.
Are they as easy to install as they look?

golfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White EB
Installation wise, the gas pedal is quite easy. Most say to take out pedal assembly and do it that way. If you are nimble enough to get low and be comfortable in the space of your footwell, its a matter of drilling for holes, then inserting four screws. No nuts on the back since its self tapping screws

For brake/clutch, you have some drilling to do. It can be tedious-- just go slow and work the hole bigger and bigger. Once the holes are in place you probably want to visit a hardware store and get longer screws to have room for the nuts on back. Then grab a monkey wrench and prepare for some frustration. My tip is use a cell phone selfie camera to see where the nut is, put the wrench on it, and begin tightening. Hardest part is getting the nut on and then lining up the monkey wrench.

One last tip, get some good drill bits. I broke three...

Sponsored

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
I installed the steeda heel toe racing pedal along with the Ford Sport pedals and the dead pedal.
The steeda pedal was a big improvement , although I did use spacers under the pedal assembly to bring the pedal to the correct height in relation to the fully depressed brake pedal
IMG_0283.jpg

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
need to do this in conjunction with the gas pedal spacer mod for it to really shine.

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
I have the steeda heel/toe gas pedal and 1/8th spacers. The 1/8th isn't thick enough to bring the pedal forward enough. With the performance pack brakes, even a light touch of the brakes bites hard, so pushing them hard enough on the street to enable heel/toeing would be uncomfortable for me, much less any passengers (girlfriend... she doesn't like it haha). I did go to the store and buy some 1/4 inch nylon spacers, but haven't gotten around to installing them yet. I suspect that will help a ton.

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
I have the steeda heel/toe gas pedal and 1/8th spacers. The 1/8th isn't thick enough to bring the pedal forward enough. With the performance pack brakes, even a light touch of the brakes bites hard, so pushing them hard enough on the street to enable heel/toeing would be uncomfortable for me, much less any passengers (girlfriend... she doesn't like it haha). I did go to the store and buy some 1/4 inch nylon spacers, but haven't gotten around to installing them yet. I suspect that will help a ton.
I used 1/2" spacers to raise the pedal to a height that I felt comfortable with. The PP brakes are sensitive and are great for high speed heel/toe, but because of there sensitivity I needed more practice for slower and less aggressive driving, unlike other cars I've owned. :doh: