Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nevermind, did some digging... per Road & Track, its a Ford Edge ST... WTFFFF :headbonk::frusty:
Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Given that the new Explorer is supposed to be rear wheel drive I'd like to see an ecoboost Raptor motor in one.
I’d love to see that as well. I’ve also heard the explorer is supposed to use some aluminum and should drop a few lbs.

Nameless

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tedd
Vehicle(s)
'13 GT
I’d love to see that as well. I’ve also heard the explorer is supposed to use some aluminum and should drop a few lbs.
If that were the case I don't think they will be using that engine configuration on the Explorer (Explorer ST? LOL it sounds funny to even think about it :lol: ).... Maybe that "Explorer ST" will be using the "Expedition Limited engine configuration", let's say 3.5 Ecoboost with 400HP (Think on the Edge ST, it barely has more power than the Edge 2.7, just 20 ponies extra) so I will think that the Explorer would be in the 375HP-400HP range using the Expedition engine.

Spitfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White GT
Explorer Sport has a 3.5 at 365 already. It'll need to be more than that.
The Edge Sport has a 2.7L at 315 already and the ST makes up to 335HP so it was a bump of 20HP. I don’t see the “Explorer ST” having more than 400HP honestly.

Sponsored

Spitfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White GT
Likely, but the Durango SRT has 475 so it's not out of the realm of possibility that Ford could offer it.
Being realistic, Ford won’t use an Engine as powerful or even more powerful than the Raptor in an Explorer, maybe IF the last name were RS instead of ST I would see it possible.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Being realistic, Ford won’t use an Engine as powerful or even more powerful than the Raptor in an Explorer, maybe IF the last name were RS instead of ST I would see it possible.
That's exactly what I was thinking was skip the Explorer ST, they already have the sport and ST sounds terrible. Do an Explorer RS with the raptor engine and make it a direct competitor to the durango. I see explorer sports all day I have no doubt they could sell an RS version easy.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Given that the new Explorer is supposed to be rear wheel drive I'd like to see an ecoboost Raptor motor in one.
Really? The current explorer has been such a hit for them I don't see them abandoning the current layout already.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Really? The current explorer has been such a hit for them I don't see them abandoning the current layout already.
There’ll still be available 4wd/AWD. I don’t think the layout plays a big roll for why people buy it. Also, it may have to do with the rumor that they will also be offering a hybrid.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It shares the platform with the Taurus. D car platform is going away so it was time to shift to the CD6, which is rear and awd base.

Sponsored

Flat Plane Drifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WTB- a 50th anniversary Shelby GT500 vert-;)
I'll stand by my original prediction:

5.2L bored-out Coyote w/ SC
~700 HP
7 spd DCT derived from the new GT Supercar
Magneride from GT350
Premium trim only
20" wheels standard
Drag-focused handling/Ride...still a capable handler but softer than GT350
This aged well.

:D
Sponsored