Sponsored

South East Meet Newlands Corner, 26th Feb

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I think we need to find a quitter venue for the next one. Or get there earlier maybe?
Agree - especially with it being a busy public area, we were never going to get to all park in the same place.

We did have a brief look at alternative locations but left it a bit late to organise really. There was a leisure centre not too far away with a massive car park (and a Starbucks on site :)) being a Sunday I would imagine we could have a large part of the car park to ourselves...

Maybe a Guildford summer meet is on the cards then?
Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Was a good meet, sorry I didn't get to speak to all [MENTION=15533]slowhand99[/MENTION] being one and only breifly spoke to @kristian and [MENTION=20439]Jimboy2[/MENTION] but good to see you boys and others again :)

Good pics as well :thumbsup:
Still heard you though matey :)

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Agree - especially with it being a busy public area, we were never going to get to all park in the same place.

We did have a brief look at alternative locations but left it a bit late to organise really. There was a leisure centre not too far away with a massive car park (and a Starbucks on site :)) being a Sunday I would imagine we could have a large part of the car park to ourselves...

Trouble is, it's heaving on a weekend. Right idea, wrong venue.

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT

That would be Guildford Spectrum and on a weekend it's mental!! Pick the wrong evening during the week and you can find it packed as well because of everything they have going on there, so I would suggest forgetting this place even though I know you will be upset about the Starbucks lol

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Thought your were more of a Costa man Kristian :)
Yes, the rumors are true :lol:

Will put the ol thinking cap on for a summer meet location for those not willing to travel to Mandersland :ford:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, the rumors are true :lol:

Will put the ol thinking cap on for a summer meet location for those not willing to travel to Mandersland :ford:
Mandersland have cars and can travel down... Or, speaking for myself, I can, Newbury was fun, nice drive down too :headbang:!!!

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
OK so it's not Guildford, but perhaps we could ask about the old Wisley aerodrome runway.

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
OK so it's not Guildford, but perhaps we could ask about the old Wisley aerodrome runway.
No chance, it is currently in the limelight of the council because of a proposed housing development so I doubt they will allow us to use it for a meet :(

Sponsored

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Oh well, Dunsfold maybe?

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Oh well, Dunsfold maybe?
Possibly but then being the Top Gear site, I am not sure on that one but worth asking because it appears they have a large car park for a load of use to fit in.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Anybody up for another meet here in February ?
That would be good. Newlands still has it's disadvantages though. Could piggyback the 11th Feb or March Fairmile meets? Tons of space and nearer to the M25.

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
I shall be at The Fairmile meet anyway, so good for me.
Sponsored