HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
401A is great in my 2016 but I see no value to BLIS other than it gets rid of the little fish eye part of the mirrors. I ordered it for the rest of the package.
Sponsored

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stacie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Vehicle Showcase
I got the safe and smart package on my 18. And I love it. The BLIS is amazing on road trips.You don't have to worry about someone riding in your blind spot.
I also love the auto high beam function. You don't have to worry about switching them on and off. I have yet have the front brake support system go off or the auto windshield wipers. I say go for it.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
401A is great in my 2016 but I see no value to BLIS other than it gets rid of the little fish eye part of the mirrors. I ordered it for the rest of the package.
Those fish-eye mirrors bother me. I've never had a car with them, never had a problem with blind spots since I actually know how to adjust mirrors (ergo, no blind spots). Is it worth getting the safety package just to get rid of the fish-eye mini mirrors? Maybe...

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
2016 Mustang GT with 401A.

Personally, I like the blind spot monitoring. It's just an added tool to help spot unexpected traffic. On the road, it keeps me honest. I've owned other cars where convex mirrors and me doing my best to check over my shoulder before a lane change still wasn't enough. Backing out of a spot in a crowded parking lot, I've had it go off a few times now. It made me aware of approaching traffic a little faster than I would have noticed them otherwise. Some folks don't bother slowing down just because you're backing out. The upgrade radio is one of the better factory radios I've had but still not as good as a quality aftermarket radio I installed in a previous car some years ago. I don't know how it compares to the standard radio but that's unimportant at this point. The memory seats are nice but not quite what I thought they'd be. Once programmed, when I turn off the car, the drivers seat moves full aft. The downside to that will show itself if there is someone unfortunate enough to be in the back seat at the time. Actually, it does make it a little easier getting into and out of the car but I have to punch the memory button to bring the seat forward before starting the car as I can't fully depress the clutch with the seat all the way back. FWIW! :)

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
2016 Mustang GT with 401A.

Personally, I like the blind spot monitoring. Backing out of a spot in a crowded parking lot, I've had it go off a few times now. It made me aware of approaching traffic a little faster than I would have noticed them otherwise. Some folks don't bother slowing down just because you're backing out.
I don't think its BLIS that's telling you there is cross traffic when backing out. That's a separate system and one that I did order 401A for.

Sponsored

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
On the 2018 MY 401A does not include BLIS with cross traffic alert. BLIS comes in the Safe & Smart package. What you get with 401A is the reverse sensing system. It will detect objects near the bumper but not cross-traffic.

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
My GT is equipped with BLIS and CTA. Not having any experience with this tech I didn't fully grasp what it was supposed to do. It took a few weeks of day to day driving to fully appreciate its capabilities. Glad I have it and would recommend getting it.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I don't need no stankin' liberal agenda robot tellin' me when I can and cannot change lanes! MAGA!

earlingy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
2016 GT PP 401A w/collision warning
Both the collision warning and blind spot have (potentially) saved me from accidents.
I've always been a base model + performance-enhancing options only, but I wanted collision warning and blind spot, so I ended up with over $10k in upgrades. I often think my car was too expensive when paying the bill. But I never think that when I'm driving it...
If you were already getting a Premium / 400A, I'd absolutely get all the safety options. If you were considering a base model, it's a tougher decision... Compare the difference in payments and really ask yourself if it's worth it. I feel like most of the time, the safety options just give me a few extra tenths to react, and I would've been fine anyways in a car as agile as this one. But also, a terrible wreck all happens in just a few tenths of a second and it could potentially save your life or at least a major PITA.

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
Returned my '15 EB after lease. It had 301A (EB equiv of 401A).
My wife's '17 MDX, the BLISS does not activate until you are over 40MPH which makes it useless. The BLISS on the Mustang initiates over 5MPH which I find it much more useful.

I find that if the orange light is NOT there, there IS no car in my mirror. If I do NOT see a car, but the orange light is on, yes I pay more attention to look for the car, and sure enough, there is a dark grey car with no headlamps in my blindspot at night. Did this help me prevent an accident? It probably did.

The Cross-traffic alert (not all manufacturer's BLISS has them) is great. multiple times I was parked between F250 and F150, and when I back out, I just peek the rear end out a bit, and then the Cross-traffic will alert if there is anyone in there.

Unfortunately, I believe it does NOT use the BLISS sonar, but uses the camera for detection, so if the object is NOT moving, it will not trigger the Cross-traffic alert.

I ordered '18 EB, fully loaded including 201A and shaker audio (which is standalone now with '18's), but when it arrived the lack of incentives for lease made it not worth it (it was $75 less than a '17 GT Prem PP that was on the lot). Lighting blue with blue contrasting stitch... I did feel bad for not getting it as it was a beautiful color...

I really want to get a GT if I am financing a purchase, so I ended up leasing a '17 White platinum EB Prem with EVERY option loaded, even the spare tire package (but except automatic, as I enjoy 6MT) for barely over the price of my '15.

My '17 even has back up sensors. I still look behind me, and look to my blind spot (and I have my side mirrors kicked out to minimize blindspots), but all the nanny tech does make my driving much easier. I also have active cruise control, and I have set the brake warning sensitivity to "sensitive". I drove up to a car doing 45MPH in left most lane on a 65MPH highway. thei guy would not move over for anyone tailgaiting him, causing them to all pass him by using the middle lane. When I approached him behind, the red led flashed, and the guy seeing the light, immediately moved over. Maybe he thought I was an undercover cop? :)

In 2021, I am planning to order a GT Prem and purchase it instead of lease. Will I add the 401a? I think it is worth it.

As for the Shaker pro audio, I agree that it probably sounds worse than aftermarket systems (or the older Nissan Bose systems, which I thought sounded great), but it's definitely better than the stock mustang radio, and unless you plan on going aftermarket amps and subs, the shaker is decent.

Sponsored

hawkbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium PP
Get the Safe and Smart pack - it has all the best bits of tech that you pay 15 - 20,000 more for in many other brands.

The wipers are a must if you get weather where you live, in the PNW it was a must.

The seat mem, and all the other parts are very worth it and for trips the BLIS / Adaptive Cruise / Lane Departure pack is awesome. The accident prevention stuff can be annoying but the rest is very worth it.

The auto high beams are killer also - freaked me out he first time they came on and went off....

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Wait does 401a on the 18's include blind spot alerting? Or do you have to add the safety package on top of 401a that's another $1200+ dollars?

Honestly I only want blind spot and not all the other junk. My wife's car has it and lane assist/auto stop, etc drives me crazy.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Wait does 401a on the 18's include blind spot alerting? Or do you have to add the safety package on top of 401a that's another $1200+ dollars?

Honestly I only want blind spot and not all the other junk. My wife's car has it and lane assist/auto stop, etc drives me crazy.
All of the safety/automation nannies are part of Safe & Secure. You don't need 401A to get it. 401A just adds reverse sensing stuff that's mostly useless.

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
All of the safety/automation nannies are part of Safe & Secure. You don't need 401A to get it. 401A just adds reverse sensing stuff that's mostly useless.
Sorry that's what I thought. I probably misunderstood but I thought somebody said that blind spot alerting comes with 401a. So you have to get safe and secure for blind spot.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Sorry that's what I thought. I probably misunderstood but I thought somebody said that blind spot alerting comes with 401a. So you have to get safe and secure for blind spot.
10-4 and with that you'll get (whether you like it or not) rain-sensing wipers, auto high beams, ACC, automatic braking.
Sponsored